Vanderbilt University Employee Reviews in United States

n/a
Access Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2015
each dept work by there own policy and procedures not the vanderbilt policy. everything is not fair across the board , alot of favoritsim
Clean and productive environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2015
Help prepare food, clean and wash dish dishes.Keep trash under controlled and managed. Made sure the patient are happy.
positive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  nashville tnSeptember 8, 2015
Wonderful learning institution. Top of the line in medical advancement. I am honored to work at such a facility. Wonderful staff and amazing physicians.
Pros
tuition reimbursment
Cons
poor job security
Not a Good Company for Advancement
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2015
Management not supportive in advancement. All about numbers, not about patients and employee satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job was the diverse needs of patients.
Pros
challenging tasks
Cons
pay not comparable
fun
Research and prospect specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2015
I love working at VU, I just need something extra to pay bills. I have taken my mother in because father went to the nursing home.
Great place to work, with great management
Access Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2015
Vanderbilt is a wonderful place to work. The management is very good. Great Benefits and Perk. I would recommend Vanderbilt to anyone.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Flexability
13 years, good opportunity for growth
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2015
busy lab, enjoyed learning different specific testing. Good quality technical supervisors. Always seeking to improve processes and bring in more clients.
Pros
education benefit for children, good opportunity for growth
Cons
parking
good enviroment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
fast paced interesting work enviroment greet patients gather patient information verify insurance ensure HIPPA is in palce for each patient
Pros
goes by fast
Cons
not enough employees
Great place to work.
PATIENT SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Student Health CenterSeptember 1, 2015
I enjoy working for a University that is well known and does so much for the community. I have been able to continue to go to school while working full time. There is so much growth and opportunities here at Vanderbilt Medical University center.
Orgnaization that makes a contribution to the Middle Tennessee community
Program Coordinator-Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 27, 2015
Vanderbilt University and Medical Center create an environment that is dedicated to the advancement of the human condition by educating young people to become future leaders, research which is groundbreaking, and medical breakthroughs that save lives. It is a strong presence in the community and many students, teachers and medical professionals do a lot of volunteer work. They have many employee celebration events, (which I participate in planning and executing), to recognize and thank management and staff for the work they do on a daily basis.
Pros
It is a good work environment with pleasant surroundings and people, There are a lot of opportunities to learn new areas by taking classess offered by my department, There are not many companies that have a department dedicated to individual development
Cons
It is very hard to advance, In 8 years I have never had a cost of living increase, There have been so many layoffs that most people are afraid of losing their jobs, Constant change
I have learned a lot over my employment and took advantage of the education benefit
Care Partner/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 27, 2015
Vanderbilt is a leading magnet hospital with good benifits package. With the many changes in health over the recent years Vanderbilt in adjusting as a whole accordingly.
Experience
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2015
i am used to working with NAEYC and Keystone Stars so this is very different. I like how NAEYC programs work. My coworker also spends a lot of time on her phone and leaving me alone in the classroom. I do not like this. I prefer a coteacher that is active. When she is in the classroom she is great it just is not a usual thing.
Great place and co-workers
Media Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Light HallAugust 19, 2015
The medical education department was great and the co-workers were fantastic. I kept 12 classrooms in working order for classes. This included computers, audio/video equipment , and seating and lighting. I also filmed classes and edited them for posting on the internet.
Editing was the hardest part of my job and also the most enjoyable.
Pros
set hours with very little overtime
Cons
I was always learning at Vanderbilt
Registration and Admitting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2015
A typical day in Vanderbilt ER was very fast pace. I coworkers and management was very nice and helpful. I have learned so much about patient emergency care.
Hard to advance
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2015
I worked at Vanderbilt for seven years and did not receive any advancement. I got high reviews when I was under one budget but when I was paid from another budget my reviews were not as good. I left Vanderbilt because I saw no room for advancement.
Great learning envirnoment
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2015
I love working at Vanderbilt. My fellow employee's are the most dedicated people I have ever worked with. ER work is stressful, but when you have a great team, it works. We have a great group of people that work hard in stressful conditions and still have hearts of gold.
Great physicians and staff
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medical center EastAugust 12, 2015
The physicians that I worked with on a daily basis taught me so much about helping patients. Everyone worked together to provide the best care possible to all patients.
Great place to work.
Clerical/PSR/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2015
Vanderbilt offers unlimited opportunities for it's employees along with educational opportunity to advance growth for quality services.
Great compnay to work for
Admitting Supervisor/Patient Support (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2015
Company has great benefits, just not really enough pay. I feel employes are under paid at Vanderbilt does a lot of lay offs often.
Adult Supplemental Staffing at Vanderbilt Hospital
ICU RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2015
In my opinion, nursing job satisfaction is directly related to the management of your unit. The management team at Vandy's supplemental staffing department is outstanding. They work hard to support their nurses by giving them the resources needed to perform at the bedside. I appreciate their professionalism and their transparency.