Vanderlande Industries Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and relaxing place to work
Layout Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 27, 2017
Enjoyed working with the Engineering Department at Vanderlande. Opportunity to learn more about designing conveyor systems for warehouse design and airport baggage handling equipment. Team members and management were very supportive.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Good working invironment
maintenance technician
Maintenance Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 3, 2017
room for improvement on the management side of things here. I would not recommend this company to any one. From management to HR things are run very shady here.
High turnover rate
Service Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Gap, PA 17527October 23, 2017
The company is probably great for the European employees and customers, but those in North America suffer from lack of resources and attention. The company cannot adequately support customers in North America.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Cons
Poor customer relationships
Great Culture!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 20, 2017
This is a great company to work for if you're looking for a work/life balance. Colleagues are wonderful and fun to work with. Social/company events throughout the year.
poor management
assembler (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GASeptember 30, 2017
I was a temporary employee who broke my finger. After my workers compensation ended and the doctor allowed me to return to work they ended my assignment the same day.
I really enjoyed working for this company
Outbound Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAAugust 1, 2017
Working at Vanderlande was a great experience for me and the team were excellent people to with. I was able to utilize my skills and make my own decisions to get the job done.
Ever changing
Risk Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 18, 2017
Company is growing and changing daily
Great people to work with
Global company
Travel
Diverse
Dutch culture
Areas of improvements: training and safety
Pros
Lunches. Company celebrations
Cons
Management ego
Poor Management
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2017
I never know where my supervisor is, he goes for hours with out being in contact several times we have needed the supervisor keys and have had to wait for him to finally come around. we throw away alot of part that can be fixed.
Poor personnel management system
Corporate Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 29, 2016
Its a fun place to work in but not much opportunity for staff growth, management is not structured and that affects performance and individual growth
Pros
discounted services
Cons
poor personel system
Bad management, poor product design
Egnineer (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 8, 2016
They say they are all about "team work" but have no idea what they are doing. Poor conveyor design but it makes it cheaper to build and it is all about making money even if the customer is not happy. They give out drawing with GERMAN electrical symbols which are not used in the US. They say if the customer wants something with US symbols they will have to pay a LOT more but they just want them to take what they give them. The operation is a snafu of errors. Management takes being clueless to a new level.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Pay
Not a bad company, "It's just the Manager"
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  SJU AIRPORT San Juan, PRFebruary 2, 2016
You can't work with two cousins being managers at the same office. How they make it? lying...
More than 6 employees quit in less than a year, Manager doesn't have education, it's a kindergarten office.
Pros
Night shift
Cons
Manager
A typical day at work
Layout Engineer (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 21, 2015
the company assign me a project which is managed by a group of engineers, my job is to create the layouts of this project to be built, i create the system model to be use as a referent file to create a specific layout, as a elevation, system layout, supports layouts, impact protection layouts, catwalk layouts.
New working expierence
Junior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Honolulu AirportSeptember 11, 2015
New airport work-site contract with Vanderlande.
Start up was rough as expected but the further into the project the more problems and issues showed.

-Encourages more responsibility and collateral duties with no pay increase
-Lower pay than previous contract holder
-Less Staffing higher workload
-High lack of experience from management
-Low outlook for things to improve
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Overworked and low staffing, poor management and lacking experience
Very fast paced office must be a muti-tasker.
SR. PROJECT SITE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2015
I have been working in the same office for over 20 years. I just want a change. Same office 3 different companies.

My skills are very matured and unique. I love the fact that I can build and maintain work relationships.

My day at work is always a busy day , never a dull moment.
Great Co-workers.

hardest part of my job I have no room for growth
Pros
Great people to work with
Really good people i worked with.
Unjammer and CRO (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 13, 2015
I learned a lot about myself and others working here it was a weird schedule that management didn't want to help fill unless they absolutely need too. If you needed time off or if you needed to use your vacation time you had to go through your co-worker even if you put in a two weeks notice or even a two month notice. This job was a great atmosphere since my coworkers were such an enjoy to be around i couldn't complain about the ones i worked with on a daily bases.If i had to describe a typical day there it would be difficult due to the schedule we all had. The job that i had was a lot of running around and a lot of helping my coworkers and customers and also covering for other coworkers. The hardest part of my job was get a problem solved with management it was either they never came out of there office or they just didn't want to listen to the coworkers. The people i had the opportunity to work with was the highlight of my 3 years with that company i miss the guys I'm unable to get ahold of but the coworkers i talk to and hang out with from there i wouldn't change it for the world they are like family to me.
Pros
Great people and able to interact with customers and help solve there problems.
Cons
constant change of heath plans and management was lacking.
Highly Teamwork Culture & Work - Life Balance.
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
High Teamwork Culture, Excellent Executive Support and Relationship and Work - Life Balance. Excellent professional growth opportunities and good salaries and benefits.
Pros
Salaries, compensation, executive support and professional growth opportunities.
Cons
Highly Relocations
Only two people organize the big site
Electrician/ Utility mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 30, 2014
Vanderlande Industies is just good because they build all the carousel in A and B con of terminal 4 .Only few people make it unknown
Great People but Management is Lacking
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 30, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people, they are great as everyone is willing to help. Monday's is bagel day and once a month there is a cake part for birthday's and anniversaries. Great products to sell but upper management doesn't believe in higher end technology or marketing it. If they say there is training, get that in writing.

It's a great place to get your feet wet.
Pros
Great Product, great people
Cons
Executive Management does not plan long term
Love the challenging aspect of the job
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2014
12 hour shifts, manage all daily operations. Keep the entire Baggage handling system running on a daily basis. If our equipment was down for mechanical, electrcal, or systematical reasons. We would be required to get the system running or customers would not get their baggage when they arrived to their destination. Get along well with the entire staff including management, my crew, and the rest of the team. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job and that would be keeping the entire Airports system running to ensure everybody has their property when they arrive to their destination
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
healthcare premiums
European company adapting to US work culture
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 9, 2013
Learned about the industry. Keeping in alignment with headquarter goals was a challenge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanderlande Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Vanderlande Industries Reviews by Location