Vangent Employee Reviews

Very Busy work environment during the peak season
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJuly 27, 2015
I learned how to use different programs while assisting customers with their concerns. The most enjoyable part of my job is to deliver great service and help the customers with their issues at hand.
Call, Call and more Calls
Manager (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Steady work with overtime
Cons: Temp to Permanent
Here I received calls from Medicare recipients and read ready made responses. I learned a lot about Medicare do's and don'ts. Coworker are cliquish but pleasant. The hardest part is finding the correct response for the customer.
Great work enviroment
customer service ◼ VANGENT (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 13, 2015
Pros: not structured
Cons: great breaks
Primarily responsible for providing phone based support to end users in the medical community. The position requires the ability to listen, analyze, document, resolve and or escalate issues while providing excellent customer service skills. This is a fast paced, rapidly changing environment which requires continuous learning of the programs and products that we support. Respond to inquiries requiring written response. Use proper resources available to ensure accurate answers to more complex questions along with following up on escalated issues that requires a solution for participants. Along with process government based application for health care.
Medical information and helping others
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: short breaks
Answering phone calls and assisting beneficiaries with medical questions and information. Helping them with drug plans and billing issues as well it was different and very interesting to learn because I didn't know much about medicare. It was difficult at times answering questions in a limited time and giving them the correct information and it was hard but I eventually got hang of it.
great Job
Customer Service (Former Employee), tampaMay 26, 2015
very nice place to work with good team spirit and leadership. Also the job was very rewarding being that I was able to assist customers with their needs
A job company
CSR 1 TQA Agent (Former Employee), Sandy, UTMay 25, 2015
I was sad that it was a temporary job. I really enjoyed working for the company because it was a one in every 10 years that the Census happen's.
Amazing Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMay 24, 2015
Pros: Medical Benifits, Training provided, knowlege of Management
Cons: incredibly fast paced call center, sevearl difficult situation that take extra time to find
Start by reviewing Emails before becoming available for incoming calls. it was very much like a Daily news letter for trends and awareness for Medicare. Each call had similar basics, and i was very impressed with the security of the Benefactor Information. lines of Verification and required information before explaining any in-depth benifits for the callers. i Learned so much more than i ever thought was possible for insurance companies. the Procedures for Medical billing and Coding for each claim to be paid. the procuedures for each situation that the Caller may need to know before requesting a Procedure with their Healthcare providers. it was a Wonderful company and a huge stepping stone to understanding Medicare.
Okay temporary job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2015
I worked 8 hrs daily taking incoming calls assisting customers with information regarding their health insureance. Some of the management was ok. The hardest part of my job was not being able to assist customer with other agency infomation. Talking on the phone to customers.
Productive work place, able to move up the ladder
In charge of Letter QC (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSApril 27, 2015
This place was great to work for. I was able to learn so many things from them. Was able to move up in the company by showing I was capable to do several jobs.
Friendly atmosphere
Internal Support Representative (Former Employee), Corbin, KYApril 27, 2015
The position I was in was very stressful. We were a team of ISG. Internal Support Group. We took supervisor calls. I truly enjoyed working there.
Great call center
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2015
Incoming calls to enroll customers into the obamacare. Assisted the customers in completing the online applications to see if they were approved for any tax credits to lower their monthly premiums. Educated customers about health plans so that they were able to make the best decision for their families
vangent
Supervisor, Contact Center Operations (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2015
great place to work
learn management and team work.; co workers are friendly.
Hardest part is getting use to the system
enjoyable part is the people you meet and the skills you acquire
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Coralvile, IAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: they bring outside food vendors in for lunches!! it was fantastic.
Cons: none.
I enjoyed working with Vangent. I worked as a temporary employee during the open enrollment period for Medicare. I learned quite a bit about the Medicare program, which prior to working with this company I knew very little about. I had worked years earlier various call centers such as SPRINT, AT&T Wireless and Chase Bank. But I found the training department and this center to be the most supportive of its employees.

The hardest part for me at that time was speaking on the phone. I had become quite hoarse and would have coughing spasms, when I was able to see a doctor I learned I had come down with pneumonia and was forced to take time off due to illness. Once I returned to work my lungs were so weak it became increasingly difficult to complete the tasks at hand. This employer was very empathetic and understood when I resigned my position as I felt I was not able to provide them with my best until I could recover.
This company was bought by GDIT. Long work hours with little free time for a personal life.
Voice & Chat Agent (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 4, 2015
Pros: catered lunches during the busy seaons which is all seasons.
Cons: extremely long work hours with no end in sight.
You work 12 hours a day and the call flow is heavy. The chat program is also busy, as well. It is call after call after call but the training is comprehensive but tough--be prepared to hit the ground running.
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VAMarch 4, 2015
Vangent is a very energetic work environment that taught me how to multitask and work with different systems. Management was well organized as well.
Vangent
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Chester vaFebruary 13, 2015
Vangent Inc was an ok company to work for along with management there were a lot of misunderstanding with upper managerment and peers
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 11, 2015
Great place for first time call center experience. Have to have patience to assist the elderly with accounts on a daily basis.
Great Work Experience
Medicare Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Had fun with helping patients over the phone with their insurance needs. I showed a patient how to cut their medical bills in half and signed out patients up with better Medicare plans
Financial Aid
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Received Inbound calls regarging there U.S. Passport application.
Cool!
CSR II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Duties included answering inbound calls and assisting customer with any questions they may have dealing with, but not limited to, Customer Retention. it was wonderful & fun as can be. to bad its a seasonal gig.