About Vanguard Protex Global
Vanguard Protex Global assists retailers in securing product displays and engaging their customers with enhanced shopping experiences. Our solutions provide reliable shoplifting protection while putting fully powered and fully functional display items into the hands of potential buyers. Our video messaging solutions enhance the shopping experience even further by providing informative content to help shoppers make better buying decisions.With our solutions, customers feel more confident about making informed buying decisions on the spot. This often leads to an increase in product sales for retailers.
Vanguard Protex Global is currently seeking a Life Cycle Product Manager who will be responsible for identifying needs in the market for which VPG can provide a solution. This position will own the product lifecycle, collaborate closely with multiple departments to ensure product success, and create and manage project plans for product rollouts. This position will drive business requirement definition, roadmap planning and direct engagement with engineering to drive our product development and integration programs. The role will also collaborate with other departments in the organization to help drive the integration points for our products and ensure achievement of objectives while maintaining support and customer satisfaction, customer growth, product differentiation, revenue growth, and improvements to product profitability. The Life Cycle Product Manager will research, understand, and articulate market needs and trends/competitive constraints to make sure that each product has a strong strategy, supporting tactical plan, and that we execute effectively for both product launches and day to day product improvements. In addition, they will be responsible for managing and building the VPG product portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are duties and responsibilities for the position. Other duties or functions may be performed as assigned:
- Guides products from conception to launch. Manages the product lifecycle, including release and launch schedule and discontinuation schedules, and project plans related to product releases.
- Identifies needs of target market and ensures that the product meets those needs and performs as expected including competitive landscape, targets customers and on point pricing strategy.
- Defines detailed product release requirements.
- Manages business processes of product development projects.
- Is comfortable juggling multiple simultaneous projects at various stages of completion.
- Knows how to motivate and drive a project team to success.
- Collaborates with sales and marketing department to 1) define go-to-market strategy, 2) help them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer, 3) provide input on marketing collateral development on why product was developed, 4) and the ability to define and articulate competitive products.
- Collaborates with instructional designers and technical writers to develop product documentation and training.
- Own, drive, manage, track, and communicate requirements for future product enhancement.
- Generate technical and specific product requirement documents that solve customer business needs consistent with VPG’s overall corporate strategy objectives.
- Works with Engineering before and during the development cycle to ensure functional specifications and the final product meets market requirements.
- Tracks and prioritizes new product feature requests and ideas from their source to a final resolution.
- Knows and understands the competitive environment and provides technical competitive analysis in support of product positioning and sales.
- Builds and manages a solution for partner integration with our product lines.
- Overall product management for the product line/category.
- Provides leadership and tactical delivery on projects while collaborating with sales, support, operations, product marketing, and customers.
- Understands business goals and ensures they are met; builds and manages product line/category goals.
- Identifies new product opportunities as needed, defining product requirements.
- Builds product roadmaps and strategy by creating annual product plan
- Ensures products are within optimal price margins, up to specifications and competitive in the market space.
- Gathers and analyzes feedback from sales, marketing, customer care and clients to define requirements within a cohesive product roadmap.
- Writes product and business requirement documents to clearly articulate product features.
- Creates business cases and return on investment analyses for new features and presents to management.
- Develops subject matter expertise in product domain including: technical implementation, operations process, and competitive analysis.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, sales, customer support, finance and marketing.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting and interacting with management and customers.
- Ability to manage and build relationships with customers and external parties to understand product features and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others.
Education and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of business analysis or product management experience, preferably in technology or electronic products.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This position does not require certificates, licenses, or registrations.
Light travel may be required for this position depending upon current projects and assignments.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
About Vanguard Protex Global
We assist retailers in securing product displays and engaging their customers with enhanced shopping...