VANGUARD RESOURCES Employee Reviews

Love my job
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth txJanuary 29, 2018
Vanguard is a easy place to work for I've been there a year in a half things are ok very helpful team & staff only thing is I need a pay increase in my opinion
Not my cup of tea
EVS (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 4, 2017
I feel it's a great place to work as a stepping stone to leverage yourself int the position or job you are desiring. It is a constant hustle and bustle of cleaning discharge rooms and other areas of the hospital. Some days will run you ragged, some days will not. I feel I work alone much of the time, we do not work in teams, or very seldom that we do.
Pros
They try to do fun things ie., Bingo, monthly safety awards, BBQ's, and more is yet to be revealed.
Cons
no lockers, cannot usually attend festivities.
Super Company to learn about Contract Management Services
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2017
Great Company to learn about contract management services and oportunity to grow in the Service Industry.. Fast pace but with time to relax and enjoy the family.
Good Company to work for.
Site Lead/Maintenance Administration (Former Employee) –  Mayport, FLAugust 25, 2017
Good Company to work for. Enjoyed my time working for the company until the contract ended. Work for sqadron, it was a very relaxed atmosphere. I learned to work independently as well as with others. I could pick up the phone and call management at any time with concerns or any problems that arrived.
Typical Govt. Contracting Position
ASSISTANT SITE TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAAugust 14, 2017
As with many other types of contracting, there is little to no room for advancement within the company/contract. There is also the looming possibility of being out of work when the contact ends. In regards to the company specifically, I have nothing negative to say.
Horrible Company to Work For
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2017
Pay is terrible! I took a pay cut for a position. Benefit plans aren't good as well. Their insurance isn't even through a major company, its independent. No room for advancement or decent pay raises. Wasn't able to receive my pto payout because you have to stay a year. I wouldn't recommend working for this company if you are looking for great benefit package, pay, and opportunities!
Pros
Stable Schedule
Cons
Low Pay, Horrible Management
Official response from VANGUARD RESOURCES
June 19, 2017

I am sorry that your experience was not the same as a great majority of our employees. Our commitment to our employees means we self fund our benefits in order to provide the best coverage available at the lowest price. This year we started a concierge physician program that allows our employees to speak to a caregiver by internet! That allows a lot of flexibility for our employees and family members. Since you did not stay very long, you did not experience the process for getting raises and bonuses that are available based on your individual, the facility's and the companies performance. We offer a great PTO program that allows our employees to schedule time off and paid time if you are ill

Goal Oriented group of professionals
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
The workloads can get hectic, as you have duties that you are responsible for Vanguard, while maintaining your accounts goals, but they are supportive, and offer tools if you are willing to use them.

They offer a sounding board for almost anything that can come up, as there is someone in the group that has either been there or done that.

the owner will personally meet all his management folks, and takes his role very seriously, with his employees well-being a main concern of his.
Pros
Aggressive PTO, 401K, and health benefits
Cons
Many of our enviornemnts are healthcare, etc. so the hours and demands can get up there.
An overall good experience
Director (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 10, 2017
I work well supervising both hourly and salaried positions. I meet established performance and financial goals. Customer satisfaction is a top priority with me. I maintain confidential information and I had a top secret security clearance while assigned to the American Embassy in Asuncion Paraguay while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Pros
worked with some great people
Cons
slow growth in the environmental services field.
back stabbing team leader and a control freak for a site manager
Electrical Maintenance Tech III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2017
This facility is at cecil field which is great place to be at although old and dilapidated but a relatively easy job and we have a good team of workers. We have a team lead that is not qualified and is a backstabber and untrustworthy which makes for a lousy atmosphere.
Pros
The people we provide service to are fantastic
Cons
Vanguards management is horrible at this site
High quality company- Family owned
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXMay 3, 2016
Typical day at work was filled with a wide variety of tasks. There were days of being very busy and then more relaxed days. I appreciated the breaks in between. There was a relaxed culture here that I loved. VP of Finance (boss) trusted me to handle situations how I deemed fit. When I was sick, she allowed me to take the time I needed to get better. Definitely made friends while I was here. Hardest part of the job was getting to understand the account codes within their accounting software. There were several exceptions to the "rule". However, I know with time, you can learn the ins and outs to company.
Pros
relaxed culture, friendly, fun
Hectic Work Environment
Security Officer (Hospital Setting) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The experience was good you work within many different settings. There was not much room for advancement that was worth the pay. The officers did not have any protection other than a phone to call 911.
nice job experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for vanguard resources, I learned a lot while working for them. There is lots of room for growth in the company if your interested and willing to do the work.
Fulfilling
Administrative Generalist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2015
Excellent job to support our military while enjoying the benefits of a government contractor. Enjoy the work life balance.
management
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2015
The management is great from the director down to the fellow workers. the hours are great and you get to schedule your own work, work orders and time to relax.
Pros
Great management and great people
Loved my account
Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  texasOctober 1, 2015
I love the people at my account, the corporate office, not as much. Anytime I had to deal with the corporate office, it was a headache (a few exceptions of course).
Uncaring of their employees and their needs
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXSeptember 24, 2015
I am a very hard and dedicated worker, yet I was terminated for 'not doing my job'. I had many compliments on my work from hospital employees. During my employment, I had only one complaint from a patient's guest. When I was spoken to about the complaint, I was told by my manager that they felt that the guest was being unfair with their complaint because he did not doubt the job I had done.

I was unaware, at the time I was employed, that there was no raise given at my 90 day review. I was also not aware that raises were given once a year and that every employee received their raise at the same time. Also, there is only a raise given IF the company could afford it. During my year of employment, the company decided that there would be no raise for that year. They stated that the only raise that could be given would be under special circumstances. And since I was always being told by hospital employees AND my manager and supervisor that I was doing such a good job, I asked if they would consider giving me a raise and it never happened.

There was no team work from many of my co-workers. I witnessed, on many occasions, co-workers standing around talking and visiting for long periods of time...including the supervisor.

I will be the first to admit that I was not near as fast at my job as the other workers. But the reason that is, is because I was very thorough with my work and tried my hardest to make sure that I did everything that I was supposed to do according to my job description. I truly thought that doing the job the right way would be more important to a company...rather
  more... than doing it in an unsatisfactory way.

My final complaint would be about how I was terminated three days before my one year anniversary. It is my opinion that they did everything they could to terminate before my anniversary so that they would not have to pay me for my vacation time that I had saved up. And, I had NO clue that they were even on the verge of firing me.
Pros
Getting to meet the patients
Cons
Very small wage for hard work, no raises given and no team work
Small Business with Strength
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2015
I learned all about how contracts work with the Navy. How to hire and fire, praise and discipline with the full support of my management.
Pros
Complete trust from the management
Cons
Contract ended
love this place
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2015
This company is a good company to work for. The people are always available when help is needed. The people that I work with are awesome and fun.
Nice people to work with
System Coordinator/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 20, 2014
The staff in general are nice people to work with. I learned that there is no typical day at work. There's never a boring day, there is always something new to learn. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to really get to know your co-workers.The most enjoyable part of the job is when someone gets a promotion.
good company
facilities mangement, biomed mangement (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXNovember 18, 2013
I liked working with the group from management team to account people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VANGUARD RESOURCES. Our community is ready to answer.