VANGUARD RESOURCES Employee Reviews

back stabbing team leader and a control freak for a site manager
Electrical Maintenance Tech III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2017
This facility is at cecil field which is great place to be at although old and dilapidated but a relatively easy job and we have a good team of workers. We have a team lead that is not qualified and is a backstabber and untrustworthy which makes for a lousy atmosphere.
Pros
The people we provide service to are fantastic
Cons
Vanguards management is horrible at this site
High quality company- Family owned
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXMay 3, 2016
Typical day at work was filled with a wide variety of tasks. There were days of being very busy and then more relaxed days. I appreciated the breaks in between. There was a relaxed culture here that I loved. VP of Finance (boss) trusted me to handle situations how I deemed fit. When I was sick, she allowed me to take the time I needed to get better. Definitely made friends while I was here. Hardest part of the job was getting to understand the account codes within their accounting software. There were several exceptions to the "rule". However, I know with time, you can learn the ins and outs to company.
Pros
relaxed culture, friendly, fun
Hectic Work Environment
Security Officer (Hospital Setting) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The experience was good you work within many different settings. There was not much room for advancement that was worth the pay. The officers did not have any protection other than a phone to call 911.
nice job experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for vanguard resources, I learned a lot while working for them. There is lots of room for growth in the company if your interested and willing to do the work.
Fulfilling
Administrative Generalist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2015
Excellent job to support our military while enjoying the benefits of a government contractor. Enjoy the work life balance.
management
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2015
The management is great from the director down to the fellow workers. the hours are great and you get to schedule your own work, work orders and time to relax.
Pros
Great management and great people
Loved my account
Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  texasOctober 1, 2015
I love the people at my account, the corporate office, not as much. Anytime I had to deal with the corporate office, it was a headache (a few exceptions of course).
Uncaring of their employees and their needs
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXSeptember 24, 2015
I am a very hard and dedicated worker, yet I was terminated for 'not doing my job'. I had many compliments on my work from hospital employees. During my employment, I had only one complaint from a patient's guest. When I was spoken to about the complaint, I was told by my manager that they felt that the guest was being unfair with their complaint because he did not doubt the job I had done.

I was unaware, at the time I was employed, that there was no raise given at my 90 day review. I was also not aware that raises were given once a year and that every employee received their raise at the same time. Also, there is only a raise given IF the company could afford it. During my year of employment, the company decided that there would be no raise for that year. They stated that the only raise that could be given would be under special circumstances. And since I was always being told by hospital employees AND my manager and supervisor that I was doing such a good job, I asked if they would consider giving me a raise and it never happened.

There was no team work from many of my co-workers. I witnessed, on many occasions, co-workers standing around talking and visiting for long periods of time...including the supervisor.

I will be the first to admit that I was not near as fast at my job as the other workers. But the reason that is, is because I was very thorough with my work and tried my hardest to make sure that I did everything that I was supposed to do according to my job description. I truly thought that doing the job the right way would be more important to a company...rather
  more... than doing it in an unsatisfactory way.

My final complaint would be about how I was terminated three days before my one year anniversary. It is my opinion that they did everything they could to terminate before my anniversary so that they would not have to pay me for my vacation time that I had saved up. And, I had NO clue that they were even on the verge of firing me.
Pros
Getting to meet the patients
Cons
Very small wage for hard work, no raises given and no team work
Small Business with Strength
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2015
I learned all about how contracts work with the Navy. How to hire and fire, praise and discipline with the full support of my management.
Pros
Complete trust from the management
Cons
Contract ended
love this place
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2015
This company is a good company to work for. The people are always available when help is needed. The people that I work with are awesome and fun.
Nice people to work with
System Coordinator/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 20, 2014
The staff in general are nice people to work with. I learned that there is no typical day at work. There's never a boring day, there is always something new to learn. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to really get to know your co-workers.The most enjoyable part of the job is when someone gets a promotion.
good company
facilities mangement, biomed mangement (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXNovember 18, 2013
I liked working with the group from management team to account people
No job security and no appreciation for accomplishments
Food Service/ Housekeeping Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 17, 2013
I am employed as a housekeeping/food service specialist. I am responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen. I have learned lots since working for Vanguard, mostly in Food Service. When the company I work for Presbyterian of Commerce, outsourced us to Vanguard, I was already trained in Housekeeping and Food Service. I have applied for a promotion but not advanced in the 10 years since Vanguard took over management. I am experienced in all aspects of Food Service but I am open to learning more. The hardest part of working for Vanguard is not knowing what to expect on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is preparing the patients good, tasting food they enjoy.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
No room for advancenents
Very nice place to work
Correspondence Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 29, 2013
Great Job to make ends meet.
Excellent position and Co-workers.
Terrible Company!
Facilities (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 1, 2013
Vanguard Resources is an awful company to work for! I agree with the previous reviewer about this company being hostile! Their idea of a "team player" consists of basically being a slave for very low wages, and if you dare speak up about anything at all, you will lose your job! They're sneaky and underhanded and will throw good employees under the bus at the drop of a hat. They're very unprofessional and take zero responsibility for anything! I you're looking for a job, you'd be better off working at McDonalds...at least they treat their employees well and actually care!
Pros
zero
Cons
everything
Hostile Work Environment, Horrible Company
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 21, 2013
Good companies are defined by their people. Vanguard Resources is one of the most Hostile Employer's when it comes to this attribute. Imagine, employee satisfaction survey's sent to your home to be filled out with your name on each page. Imagine all request for honesty concerning the company being met with firings, or labeling of "not a team player". This company at the upper tiers has no faults. When the Owner is the CEO, his Son is the next in command 24 years old not a clue as to the business, the Mom is next in command, the Second Owner and his wife hold the next two positions what can you expect.

Employee's are constantly in fear of their jobs, and afraid to speak out, in fear of the hostile environments. Look at the job longevity of it's GM's, Director's and other direct reports.

This is a good Ole Boy company, the sales reps normally are picked up in Bar's, as cute and can get the foot in the doors of potential clients. It's a Disgusting company.
Pros
not a one
Cons
your worst night mares
Administration Work with Little Advancement
Library Aide/Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2013
As a library aide for a military training facility the job itself was easy but there were little to no skills to advance from in the workplace. Being prior active duty military I understood the importance of security clearances and what it entailed when it came to training material and beyond. The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly inventory because then I could conduct a simple system that would make the task much more easier.
Pros
not too stressful of an enviroment
Cons
did not gain much more knowledge than i came with
Highly Skilled, Focused, Patient, Resident and Employee oriented Leader, who builds resources that help meet the communities goals.
Director of Culinary Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2012
I am a highly organized, efficient leader, who understands the need a strong management team, a strongly trained staff, with clear expectations, 30/60/90 day goals. I am a work horse, which is motivated through innovation, artistry, life and the balance of all aspects of human life. I build strong team members, which as I build strong community ties within the facility to meet seamlessly the change and needs of our internal and external customers. I believe in a strong support structure of daily rounding with my residents, patients and employee's asking for feedback moving the program into a stronger position. I believe in strong follow up, follow through and detail, and will always return to make sure that these items(commitments) are met. Realizing that we work in the confines of a budget, I find my communication skills are extremely strong, as at times request can't be honored, but; as with all options will always help build satisfaction and help meet the budget. I'm very well trained in the monitoring of the P/L, and worked in many different methodologies to meet Medicare, Medicaid and facilities needs.
I am resourceful, build business opportunities, and a extreme worker, dependable, reliable and ethical.
Pros
visibility, healthy can do attitude not easily defeated/ innovated
Cons
working ahead to the point of having to rework many changed thoughts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VANGUARD RESOURCES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9