VANGUARD RESOURCES

VANGUARD RESOURCES Employer Reviews

good company
facilities mangement, biomed mangement (Former Employee), Spring Branch, TXNovember 18, 2013
I liked working with the group from management team to account people
No job security and no appreciation for accomplishments
Food Service/ Housekeeping Specialist (Current Employee), Spring, TXOctober 17, 2013
Pros: fair wages
Cons: no room for advancenents
I am employed as a housekeeping/food service specialist. I am responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen. I have learned lots since working for Vanguard, mostly in Food Service. When the company I work for Presbyterian of Commerce, outsourced us to Vanguard, I was already trained in Housekeeping and Food Service. I have applied for a promotion – more... but not advanced in the 10 years since Vanguard took over management. I am experienced in all aspects of Food Service but I am open to learning more. The hardest part of working for Vanguard is not knowing what to expect on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is preparing the patients good, tasting food they enjoy. – less
Very nice place to work
Correspondence Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 29, 2013
Great Job to make ends meet.
Excellent position and Co-workers.
Terrible Company!
Facilities (Former Employee), TexasApril 1, 2013
Pros: zero
Cons: everything
Vanguard Resources is an awful company to work for! I agree with the previous reviewer about this company being hostile! Their idea of a "team player" consists of basically being a slave for very low wages, and if you dare speak up about anything at all, you will lose your job! They're sneaky and underhanded and will throw good employees under the bus – more... at the drop of a hat. They're very unprofessional and take zero responsibility for anything! I you're looking for a job, you'd be better off working at McDonalds...at least they treat their employees well and actually care! – less

April 25, 2013

Vanguard Resources works diligently for the good of all of our employees and customers. We encourage employees to discuss their work goals, as well as concerns, with their supervisor and our Corporate Office. To ensure our employees are heard, we have an open door policy to create a positive work environment for everyone. Vanguard Resources values the concerns of our employees and we are readily available to address any and all issues. If you have further concerns contact our Human Resources Department at 800.211.8848 at your earliest convenience. Thank you very much for your feedback.

June 8, 2013

I think the company isn't right because one lady was written up for having one bottled water with the attached to it on her cart. What's up with that? What if she fainted from overwork or got too hot? And one of the superiors insisted I did something that I had not even though I told her so that I had not. And what about us not going to lunch until our work is complete? The work would never be done if they are consistently telling you to some more stuff. I knew something was wrong when my hispanic friend who couldn't read English decided that it was best to quit. And another hardworking Hispanic friend also quit. I thought something sure isn't right. And now I have met up with numerous folks who are no longer there and oh wow, pure drama of the things that went on. That might have been alright years ago, but the world is a better place now. My theory is that the company sent down the workers who they didn't care too much about and let them lose on the poor folks that were already here. Vanguard, please don't take offense, this is just a reality check for you and yours.

June 13, 2013

Worse company ever! All the stuff they are saying here is lies. Believe the real reviews! They dont care about employees. They only care about the family and the family freinds that work for them. If you call Hr you will get a family freind. Calling Hr is a trap! They stopped raises a year ago! No raises if you work for Vanguard! Bust your rear and no raises but the family eats crawfish and golfs if you watch facebook. The company fired everyone that was good or they all quit! Put in your application somewhere else! At least you will get a raise somewhere else and they will aprecciate you! Worse job ever!

Hostile Work Environment, Horrible Company
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: not a one
Cons: your worst night mares
Good companies are defined by their people. Vanguard Resources is one of the most Hostile Employer's when it comes to this attribute. Imagine, employee satisfaction survey's sent to your home to be filled out with your name on each page. Imagine all request for honesty concerning the company being met with firings, or labeling of "not a team player". – more... This company at the upper tiers has no faults. When the Owner is the CEO, his Son is the next in command 24 years old not a clue as to the business, the Mom is next in command, the Second Owner and his wife hold the next two positions what can you expect.

Employee's are constantly in fear of their jobs, and afraid to speak out, in fear of the hostile environments. Look at the job longevity of it's GM's, Director's and other direct reports.

This is a good Ole Boy company, the sales reps normally are picked up in Bar's, as cute and can get the foot in the doors of potential clients. It's a Disgusting company. – less

March 5, 2013

Vanguard Resources strives to be extraordinary for our client-partners and our employee-partners. We encourage all employees to talk with supervisors and we welcome ideas to enhance work environments and processes. Vanguard Resources is a family owned company and that is something we are very proud of. We also promote talent from within as is the case with Vanguard’s Vice President of Business Development. Vanguard Resources is not just a place to work, for many of our employee-partners, it is the beginning of a career.

Administration Work with Little Advancement
Library Aide/Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: not too stressful of an enviroment
Cons: did not gain much more knowledge than i came with
As a library aide for a military training facility the job itself was easy but there were little to no skills to advance from in the workplace. Being prior active duty military I understood the importance of security clearances and what it entailed when it came to training material and beyond. The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly inventory – more... because then I could conduct a simple system that would make the task much more easier. – less

April 25, 2013

We do not have a job position of a library aide at all with our company. I think you have the wrong employer.

Highly Skilled, Focused, Patient, Resident and Employee oriented Leader, who builds resources that help meet the communities goals.
Director of Culinary Services (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 5, 2012
Pros: visibility, healthy can do attitude not easily defeated/ innovated
Cons: working ahead to the point of having to rework many changed thoughts.
I am a highly organized, efficient leader, who understands the need a strong management team, a strongly trained staff, with clear expectations, 30/60/90 day goals. I am a work horse, which is motivated through innovation, artistry, life and the balance of all aspects of human life. I build strong team members, which as I build strong community ties – more... within the facility to meet seamlessly the change and needs of our internal and external customers. I believe in a strong support structure of daily rounding with my residents, patients and employee's asking for feedback moving the program into a stronger position. I believe in strong follow up, follow through and detail, and will always return to make sure that these items(commitments) are met. Realizing that we work in the confines of a budget, I find my communication skills are extremely strong, as at times request can't be honored, but; as with all options will always help build satisfaction and help meet the budget. I'm very well trained in the monitoring of the P/L, and worked in many different methodologies to meet Medicare, Medicaid and facilities needs.
I am resourceful, build business opportunities, and a extreme worker, dependable, reliable and ethical. – less