VANGUARD UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Vanguard University was an amazing place to work because of the students and faculty or staff
Assistant Professor of Kinesiology (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 14, 2017
Received three stipends for three separate full-time jobs at the university, which did not offer benefits at the time. Other than the long hours and low pay, I cannot think of a better educational institution to work at. The faculty and staff cared deeply for students and were highly invested in their success of program completion. VU is an A-grade institution of higher learning.
Pros
Faculty, staff, students. Great culture!
Cons
Lack of remuneration and advancement.
Caring, Christian environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 30, 2017
Great interaction with students and faculty. Learned the ebb and flow of work requirements for academia each semester. Lots of opportunity for professional development. Co-workers are warm and friendly.
Pros
Small campus with caring atmosphere
Cahier
Cashier-processed (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA 92626May 12, 2017
My job at Vanguard was my first job, so I didn't really know what to expect. However, I was given a lot of reassurance with what to do and they made sure I was very comfortable with my new tasks. The employees were all very nice people and they made me a lot more confidnet in my work. I think the hardest part of the job was getting used to how everythiing worked, but after my first week, I was able to get a hang of everything pretty quickly. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the people who came in and out of my workplace.
Amazing college
Teacher's aid (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 11, 2017
I only did volunteer work here, but Vanguard offers so many opportunities to get experience in many different fields. The professors there are so supportive and understanding and really help you succeed and get good connections.
Fun and Creative Workplace
Live2Free Club Member (Current Employee) –  Global Center for Women and JusticeNovember 9, 2016
Email Corresponding
Creating and maintaining on campus events
Outreach to schools,churches, conferences, and universities
Maintaining and creating agendas for weekly team meetings and biweekly leadership meetings
Lab Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 13, 2016
A typical day consisted of cleaning and sterilizing laboratory equipment and organizing chemicals safely and properly and also disposing of any wastes.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Few hours
Shared the love of my time as a student at Vanguard University with prospective students
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 26, 2015
The in office work of cold calling students to come to campus preview days was not my favorite, but getting to run those events and give campus tours was one of the best parts of the day!
Pros
Sharing stories of my time at Vanguard and hearing questions and concerns of interested students
Cons
Sitting at a desk making cold calls
Great Place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 17, 2014
Great Place, Adjunct Faculty at the time, but would love to return
Lots of work orders
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 18, 2014
Having to keep up with all the students work orders with only 3 workers ..
And no help with Management ..
Pros
Free Lunchs, The hoildays
Cons
Heathcare
intern hours
Student Counselor (MFT Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 15, 2014
great learning experience while I was in grade school. Learned alot from staff.
Productive and fun workplace; Christian university :)
Student Worker- Department of Graduate Psychology (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 30, 2013
I enjoyed working in the Graduate Psychology department as I got to learn about what goes on behind the scenes of the Graduate program I was enrolled in. I learned about the application/admission process, as well as gaining clerical and administrative experience in a Christian-based setting.
Fun place to work
Senior Class Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 30, 2013
I worked with a great team and learned a lot about myself in the process.
Pros
Being involved with student life and getting to know people I would know otherwise.
Cons
Long hours and little pay
Learning on the job
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 21, 2013
Typical day- report to training room at 12pm (or after class); perform opening duties such as laundry, cleaning, taking water out to the various playing fields, maintaining general cleanliness, office work (contacting insurance companies, filing, etc.). Caring for various athletes ailments and injuries: rehab exercises, therapeutic modalities, taping. Learning special tests to diagnose athletic injuries. All overseen by head athletic trainers. Working athletic games and keeping the athletes safe.

What I learned- how a typical athletic training room should function

Management- I loved my head athletic trainers at school. They were always so patient and genuinely wanted to help us learn and succeed.

Co-workers- my coworkers were also fellow students who I became very close to over our 4 years. We were all growing and learning together; very tight knit group.

Hardest part- balancing my school schedule and my athletic schedule with the athletic training schedule. But it made me highly organized and excellent at time management.

Most enjoyable- the "learning on the job" atmosphere. Although we were always supervised, we were given the opportunity to really apply what we were learning in our classes.
Pros
Learning on the job; applying what we learned in class
Cons
No pay
Had a great experience working with Vanguard
Executive Admin Assist/Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 29, 2013
Loved working with the students, staff, faculty and being a part of the community.
Great Institution!
Adjunct Professor, Kinesiology (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 28, 2013
- Teach Fit/Well courses multiple days a week
- A great place to work and for students
Awesome Work Environment
Assistant Coordinator/ Alumni Relations Staff (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 26, 2013
The people are amazing to work with. Fun environment. Not alot of room for advancement.
Pros
people
Cons
advancement