VANGUARD UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 17, 2014
Great Place, Adjunct Faculty at the time, but would love to return
Lots of work orders
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 18, 2014
Having to keep up with all the students work orders with only 3 workers ..
And no help with Management ..
Pros
free lunchs, the hoildays
Cons
heathcare
intern hours
Student Counselor (MFT Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 15, 2014
great learning experience while I was in grade school. Learned alot from staff.
Productive and fun workplace; Christian university :)
Student Worker- Department of Graduate Psychology (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 30, 2013
I enjoyed working in the Graduate Psychology department as I got to learn about what goes on behind the scenes of the Graduate program I was enrolled in. I learned about the application/admission process, as well as gaining clerical and administrative experience in a Christian-based setting.
Fun place to work
Senior Class Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 30, 2013
I worked with a great team and learned a lot about myself in the process.
Pros
being involved with student life and getting to know people i would know otherwise.
Cons
long hours and little pay
Learning on the job
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 21, 2013
Typical day- report to training room at 12pm (or after class); perform opening duties such as laundry, cleaning, taking water out to the various playing fields, maintaining general cleanliness, office work (contacting insurance companies, filing, etc.). Caring for various athletes ailments and injuries: rehab exercises, therapeutic modalities, taping. Learning special tests to diagnose athletic injuries. All overseen by head athletic trainers. Working athletic games and keeping the athletes safe.

What I learned- how a typical athletic training room should function

Management- I loved my head athletic trainers at school. They were always so patient and genuinely wanted to help us learn and succeed.

Co-workers- my coworkers were also fellow students who I became very close to over our 4 years. We were all growing and learning together; very tight knit group.

Hardest part- balancing my school schedule and my athletic schedule with the athletic training schedule. But it made me highly organized and excellent at time management.

Most enjoyable- the "learning on the job" atmosphere. Although we were always supervised, we were given the opportunity to really apply what we were learning in our classes.
Pros
learning on the job; applying what we learned in class
Cons
no pay
Had a great experience working with Vanguard
Executive Admin Assist/Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 29, 2013
Loved working with the students, staff, faculty and being a part of the community.
Great Institution!
Adjunct Professor, Kinesiology (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 28, 2013
- Teach Fit/Well courses multiple days a week
- A great place to work and for students
Awesome Work Environment
Assistant Coordinator/ Alumni Relations Staff (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 26, 2013
The people are amazing to work with. Fun environment. Not alot of room for advancement.
Pros
people
Cons
advancement

Want to know more about VANGUARD UNIVERSITY?

Ask a question