Vanguard Employee Reviews

good
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 20, 2017
good...very good. Highly recoommened. Will highly recommend it. Great manager and work culture with excellent benefits. Scope to grow within the organization.
Great job and people
Investment Professional (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 17, 2017
By far the best company that I have worked for so far. The coworkers and management staff are extremely supportive and are more than willing to help you in anyway to be successful in your role there. There is in some cases a requirement to obtain a license for the continued employment.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
none really
Ok
Personal Investor(Client Relationship Specialist) (Current Employee) –  NCNovember 14, 2017
Not at this time. Not in a position to rate this company. Please do not require this information at this time. Have lots of helpful information to share when the time is right.
Very balanced and stable
Investment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 12, 2017
Portfolio Management Associate salaries at Morgan Stanley can range from $107,817-$115,631. This estimate is based upon 1 Morgan Stanley Portfolio Management Associate salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods.
Hated it
Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 10, 2017
All they care about is keeping cost low. They do not care at all about the employees. I learned a lot working there but I would never go back. Never ever.
Benefits Processor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 8, 2017
Its a nice place- I have very positive things to say about it- great company- nice work atmosphere great coworkers, happy place to come to everyday.- nice experience
Excellent palce to work
Flagship Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 7, 2017
Got in the business with Vanguard. I worked there for 5 years and decided to move on to full Financial Service industry. Learned a lot while about the business.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Great company to work for
Client Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 3, 2017
Vanguard is overall a great place to work for. I loved the environment, it just ended up not being the right fit for me. However, something that I'm disappointed in is that they pay men more than women. I don't know when this will change.
Pros
Great campus
tile setter
Flooring installer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 31, 2017
it was a tile setter and it was a good job, i got right after high school, it was good job that paid me good from the start. if i ever want to go back to construction then i would go to them
Be cautious
Financial Processor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 28, 2017
The company thrives on young people for their first job and many stay. I begin to think that they are just not committed to their career growth. Those that do stay the company will project to them how important their job is but understand they will keep you on a tight reign. Vier slightly from the rules even if it makes sense and will help the client you will hear about it. When they state a project needs attention they actually mean an activity. So something that broke manually or electronically needs to be fixed and they need people to manually fix the issue. The IT staff from my 30 years experience is lacking tremendously in skills to make the everyday work processes efficient. The company has decided to now spend a significant amount of money on a new LEAN process. Being a LEAN instructor for many years they are not ready or experienced enough to pull this off easily. I went back to work due to boredom with retirement. It was interesting initially and the promises made sounded like it might be a interesting path before full retirement in less than two years. Well I am now looking for something much more challenging and it is not at Vanguard. If you take a job here either make sure you are on a great management path and can make your mark or as a young up and comer stay for 2 years to get experience and move on. Your career is in your hands not theirs
Pros
Lots of young people like college -they say they have great benefits but I do not need them.
Cons
Management is not experienced, nor well trained, and they always point to the infamous manual as their answer
Vanguard was an awesom place to work
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 26, 2017
Vanguard was wonderful however in the last year there was some changes that made it very difficult for me to work and practice my religion. I wish there could have been a way for me to stay however management was not willing to compromise.
A Great Company to Work For
Retirement Plan Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 25, 2017
Pending on the position, you could be on the phones all day. The training could be longer, but with the learning curve, you are comfortable within a few months. I would recommend anyone to work for Vanguard, if you're going into finance.
productive face pace but relaxed space
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 25, 2017
a typical day at work would include me going into the building and say hello to my coworkers and friends as I make my way to my locker and put my belongings away and get ready to clock in.
Very caring of employees
Senior Investment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 24, 2017
They provide a great work/life balance with allowing for autonomy as well as the ability to move up throughout the organization. It is a great place to work.
Overall good company
Licensed Retirement Plan Specialist- Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 23, 2017
The company is great, the benefits and 401k are amazing. The pay wasn't the best and the job was too stressful for the amount that I was getting paid. I would definitely come back if offered a different role.
Pros
Good work life balance, hours were fine, benefits great, days off good
Cons
not that great of pay, calls were too stressful
Great environment, progression opportunities, licensing sometimes required.
Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 23, 2017
Overall working at Vanguard is a fulfilling and great experience. The company culture is one of inclusiveness and teamwork. Difficulties arise in obtaining the proper licensing to be able to fulfill your job due to the amount of time required to learn, study, and practice the large amounts of material.
Flagship CSS
Flagship Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 22, 2017
Call center environment. Managers are inexperienced and never done your job. Unable to provide any real insight, guidance or advice in that regard. Pay is low compared to the industry. Company relies very very heavily on metrics. Many of which have yet to yield any purposeful insight.
Institutional services (401k) call center/ low pay
Retirement Plan Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 20, 2017
Great coworkers! Very young culture, most employers were straight out of college, being that I was too I made a lot of great friends. I left due to the high call volumes and low pay. I went to my next job and made $20k more with less stress.
Great People, good working environment
Data Analyst, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 19, 2017
This place was great at first, the facilities were lacking for contractors and the benefits were not good. The work was tedious and there wasnt much room for growth,
Good first job
Investment Brokerage Professional (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2017
Overall this is a great opportunity for someone willing to put in a lot of work studying for your Series 7 and 63 licenses. If you fail the test twice you are automatically fired. The work culture is unique for a financial services company and is fairly laid back. There is opportunity for advancement but expect your first role in the company to be nothing like you expected it to be. On average you could answer 80 calls a day, making the job very monotonous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.