Vanir Construction Management Employee Reviews

Lots of great people trying to bail out a sinking ship.
Senior Executive Secretary/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 5, 2017
Used to have a family oriented, fun environment. Since owner's daughter has taken over, there are a lot of people jumping ship. Sad. :-(
Cannot say anything else due to confidentiality. Please see "con" about bernefits.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Outrageously priced and non-ERISA approved benefits.
Wonderful company
Assistant Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 6, 2017
Great company to work for. Very much in tune with what tools are needed to do a good job. Only lost my position due to lack of funding for certain projects.
Great culture with great people
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2016
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. is one of the best companies I've worked for. The management cares about making sure everyone is kept in the loop and on the same page. Any changes are communicated and discussed with everyone.
Old fashioned
rather not say (Former Employee) –  not openDecember 23, 2015
I believe Vanir could be very successful if they can get out of the past and how things have always been with their company. It would be nice if they were less secretive and more transparent.
Discriminating Management, lack of understanding
Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay areaOctober 4, 2014
Hard to coordinate your job functions with other members. Do not get much support from msnagement
Pros
free coffee n drinks at main office
Very solid company from top to bottom.
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2013
Vanir CM was a great place to work for eight years. I learned a great deal from the management there. I would probably still be working there if there was any room for advancement.
Pros
Very stable company with excelent staff.
Cons
Not much room for advancement.
New field for me
Construction Coord and Site Admin Assist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 29, 2013
My employment began through a temporary agency. I was hired as permanent staff after 3 months and was transferred from Southern California to Northern California because of the skills I'd learned. I had never worked in the construction industry prior to Vanir but was offered the lead on my own project after 6 years with the company. I attended several construction management classes on my own time to familiarize myself with the industry, regulations, building codes and construction documents in order to become a valuable and essential member of the team. I feel I succeeded in all I did.
Pros
Amazing learning curve, challenging and fulfilling
Cons
Being transferred away from family
Good company to work for.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 8, 2013
Staff meetings,
Client meetings,
Job site
learned a lot
great co-workers
transition from architecture to PM/CM was the hardest part
Interactions with clients, co-workers the most enjoyable part
Great company to work for.
Specializing in Commercial Project Management (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 31, 2012
I worked for this company for 15 months and i had a great experience with it. I would work for them again if they would have me back.
Great Experience
Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  SF Bay AreaMarch 10, 2012
Being part of the Vanir At Risk Program has been a truly rewarding experience and added value to my experiece and qualifications as a Construction Professional
Pros
challenging and rewarding
Cons
working through new issues re: scheduling.