Vanity

Vanity Employee Reviews

Productive enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moline, ILApril 13, 2015
Pros: I kept busy
Cons: Alot of codes to remember
Clocked in. Went over sell slips from the night before. Deposit money if needed, Set up register. Cleaned up shoe aisles and straightend shoes. Made sure there were no misplaced shoes. Cleaned mirrors and vaccumed if needed.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Cloud, MNApril 10, 2015
Pros: 40% off of clothes
Cons: Not very good pay.
A typical day at work would include 5-7 hours on your feet and greeting customers at the door. We'd have to make sure the customers were always happy and feeling welcome and help assist them find what they're lookng for. I learned people skills, how to run a cash register, and what it was like to work in retail. The management was good, besides the scheduling was very inconsistent. My coworkers were easy to get along with. My favorite part of the job was when people found what they were looking for and they seemed so happy and pleased by it.
Fashion forward and driven company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Sales experience, discount, multi-tasking skills, incentives, opportunity for advancement
Cons: Not family orientated, hours, training
A typical day would consist of focusing on sales goals with offering exceptional customer service. I learned that if I give my 100% everyday all company goals are reachable. Management staff can be overwhelming due to company goals but are very personable. The issue with management is to fill vacant positions with unprepared employees pressured into management position in the stores. The turnover rate is high due to lack of hours and sales goals pressure. The hardest part of the job being a store manager is having time for your family, you have to work a lot of hours and it is very stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. I haven't worked for the company for over five years and I still have customers recognizing me out in public and now they shop where I am currently employed.
always got to know people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), manhattan ksApril 6, 2015
i had a lot of fun working for vaniy Inc. always learned something new i enjoyed working for vanity. The hours were low but when i worked always got worked done!
Jr's Retail clothing store
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 25, 2015
• Setting the example in personal selling in meeting at least the minimum monthly metrics
• Driving and producing results
• Staying aware of external factors affecting business and staffing to traffic patterns
• Being knowledgeable of the business and meeting/exceeding store sales metrics
• Implementing the visual standards and ensuring the store is merchandised to Company standards
• Identifying, recruiting and properly staffing the store to ensure company and customer needs are being met
• Training and coaching employees to ensure the utilization of selling skills
• Coaching and developing employees to achieve higher performance
• Understanding, complying with and educating store team members on company policies and procedures
• Providing an exceptional shopping experience that will encourage customers to return by maximizing and managing floor coverage
• Utilizing current fashion trends to create fashionable outfits for customers
• Understanding and exceeding customer expectations
First job, wasn't the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 20, 2015
Vanity is a stylish place however I started during the Christmas season after hearing about an opening from a friend. I did appreciate the fact I got hired quickly however management at the time was poor with having high expectations but not really training new employees or being organized about shifts. Coworkers were extremely nice but it's not the best place to work for me.
Fun enviroment and very upbeat people to work with.
Floor Salesperson (Former Employee), Williston, NDMarch 7, 2015
Pros: got to bond with a new group of girls
Cons: no benefits
The most enjoyable part of this job was to help women feel better about themselves with the right attire. The management was awesome and my boss was very friendly and understanding.
Work
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Colorado Springs CoMarch 4, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: poor schedule
A typical day working at vanity required me to clock in, put my things in the back room, come out, greet customers, sometimes I had to do freight, and other times I would just do what needed to be done around the store. What I learned when working at vanity was to work well with customers, I also learned about what it truly meant to have a great work environment. Management in the store was very orderly so being around that was always a pleasure. The people I worked with were very kind and fun to be with at all times, and I really enjoyed my time there. The hardest part about working at vanity would have to be stocking the shelves and the poor hours I was being given and the most enjoyable part about working at vanity would have to be the people I worked with and doing freight.
Poor Store manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Grandville, MIFebruary 23, 2015
The store manager was very unprofessional. Did not dress fashionable or most times even in Vanity attire. Did not treat others equal and was not easy to talk to.
Great customer service
Store Manager (Current Employee), Joplin, MOFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day at work starts with doing morning paperwork before the store opens. After the store opens we are all about our customers. We help pick out outfits for special occasions or just everyday outfits. We also suggest items to build complete outfits. The most enjoyable part of my job is my customers. I really enjoy helping someone pick out an outfit they love and feel great in.
fun workplace
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i get to were the awesome clothing i'm selling
Cons: i want to move up, but the availability is not there.
love working with people, fast environment, semi flexible schedule, decent pay, long hours, small availability to move up in company,
Work is different everyday and keeps you on your toes
Sales Floor Lead (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNFebruary 8, 2015
after being with this company for almost two years, I recently transferred from a different store at the same company and though the procedures are the same the different stores are vastly different and my new store has me not enjoying work any more. At my old store going to work was fun and my co-workers were alway enjoyable to be around and the management was fair and gave good opportunities to advice in skill and knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job at both locations is interacting with the customers and helping them find outfits for the occasion they are shopping for.
Stressful, unorganized work environment
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Central Mall TexarkanaFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: generous employee discount
Cons: everything else
Helping manage in this particular company proved to be extremely difficult and physically taxing. I was the assistant store manager and I found myself constantly working overtime. I loved the sales end of being employed here but having district and sales managers who were more focused on conversion rates and ADS than store operations and hiring reliable employees was maddening. There was absolutely no hours for scheduling associates so I was working more than my fair share of shifts, even when I was sick with strep throat. There was absolutely no praise or incentive ever given to any of the managers for bringing numbers up. I didn't see any kind of opportunity for advancement in this company.
okay
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 27, 2015
okay job nice people clean place to work i liked it i learned alot i always stayed to myself at work but for the most part ppl was very nice ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Exciting but stressful.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Blaine, MNJanuary 27, 2015
Rang up customers, cleaned the store, organized the racks, clothes, shoes, jewelry. I learned that it's very difficult keeping the store in tip top shape, and I'm much more respectful when I go into clothing stores when trying things on and putting things back. I'd have to say I could have been trained in better by management and the co-workers, but it seemed as if everyone defended for themselves. The hardest part of the job was making sure every customer was greeted and made sure that they were being helped with everything they needed. Most enjoyable part was dressing the manikins!
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager/ Acting Manager (Current Employee), Rochester,MnJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the pay is good
I have no review for this company. This job was available when I needed it. There is no future for me here, this is why I'm leaving the company. This style of work ethic is very different from where I've worked before, good luck if you apply at this company.
Great workplace
Vanity as Assistant (Former Employee), Durango, COJanuary 13, 2015
My duties at Vanity as Assistant manager consisted of opening/ closing the store, helping customers find what they were looking for, I ran the front counter and the register, trained new employees how to use the computer system, cash register, help customers find what they need proficiently. I had to keep track of inventory and order in whatever was needed in the store.
It fun and excting
Vanity Sales Associate (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: 10% off of any purchase
Cons: 10 minute breaks once a day
My favorite part of the job was dealing with inventory. The least enjoyable part was standing outside greeting and only because a lot of people took it as being too pushy. My co-workers were nice and fun to work with.
No pre job training, and over staffed
Sales associate (Former Employee), Lafayette, INNovember 11, 2014
A typical day was returning clothing from the dressing rooms back to their rack, then greeting and helping customers when they came in.
Exciting place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILOctober 28, 2014
Obtained experience in management.
Worked with 8 or more employees.
Was able to travel and train.
Loved working with new product and imputing visual direct

1 2 3 4 5

About Vanity

Vanity Shop of Grand Forks, Inc. is a privately owned mall based specialty retailer. The stores, which operate under the name – Read more

Vanity Salaries