Vanity Employee Reviews in United States

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 12, 2016
to many hours, lack of staffing hours, to much turnover in staff overtime not paid so salary employees work all the extra hours
Productive and fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at work is really fun. My co-workers are super awesome and funny, and I love them! I've learned how to be a better person and have more patience than I ever thought possible.
The hardest part about this job is the hours. Sometimes I get a lot, sometimes I barley get any.
Fine when I got scheduled
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEJuly 4, 2016
Management keeps hiring people making it harder and harder to get constant hours. The girls were all nice though and for the most part it was always a fun environment to work in.
Walking around to grab orders
Inventory Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 23, 2016
I would pick orders that customers had bought and package them to send off via UPS. After orders were completed, we would take all of the inventory and either restock the items or put the new clothing out.
Trendy and fashionable!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 21, 2016
Working here helped me with accessorizing from head to toe when a customer comes in. Colorful and trendy clothes for all sizes and all occasions. Fast pace and exciting.
Pros
New colors and styles daily
Cons
To many associates during a shift sometimes
i loved this job so much
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 6, 2016
this job was by far the best job I have had so far. the work environment was spectacular and my co workers were awesome. I have great hours but the job went down hill after they lost a great manager.
Good company to work for
Sales Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 28, 2016
Good company to work for. High pace and minimal stress work environment. Good incentives and employee discount. Straight forward policies and procedures.
A different type of vibe
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 25, 2016
Vanity was a fun, and different type of vibe to work at. We had our own individual sale goals, this was a bit difficult because team members would take sales from other co-workers. I learned how to sell on my own and hit my sale goal at the end of every shift. The most enjoyable part was seeing that the customers like the merchandise making it easy to sell.
Pros
Rewards, compeitions, open breaks.
Cons
Managers use to steal our sales.
Productive day at workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 25, 2016
Helping customers pick out an item to their satisfactory, suggest ideas for their wardrobe, keeping a steady flow in the fitting rooms, and ringing up the customers, help process the clothing and put it out on the sales floor. The co workers were very nice and encouraging and supportive. It was a great working experience.
Great place to make friends and dress her up
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 17, 2016
Clock in
Warm ups
Go over what has happened for the day
Help Customers:)
-5 steps of selling
Process freight
Make sure the store looks beautiful
Fill out paperwork and file it
Close the store/Lock it with the key
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Short breaks; only benefits for full time

Want to know more about Vanity?

Ask a question
Awesome place to work! I love the people!
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 28, 2016
This company is super awesome to work for!
It's definitely not hard at all and it's really fun especially with the current staff working there!
The store manager is super awesome and totally lenient with any conflicts that occur with scheduling.
I don't think I'd want to work anywhere else!
There's an awesome discount for employees and the people that work there are super funny and awesome to work with! They definitely make time fly by!
I would HIGHLY recommend working here, especially if you have retail experience or are looking for a part time job to just make your way though school!
Rochester NY Vanity at Marketplace Mall! Apply today!
Pros
Awesome management team, lenient scheduling
Cons
No benefits for part time workers
Loved it
Sales Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 23, 2016
Absolutely loved working here, an extremely great company!interacting with people all day was so much fun. I learned how to use registers, dress mannequins, how to speak to people who had different attitudes!
Pros
great people, located in a mall, long lunches!
Cons
back stock
N/a
Vice President Business Development (Current Employee) –  NationalMarch 8, 2016
will provide additional information that will be made available upon request

company owned and operated out of Sydney, Australia
nice environment
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 29, 2016
welcoming and easy going staff, customers were always glad with the help they got. Got called in for extra hours a lot which was nice. Worked in a mall so got in a nice walk and yummy food on lunch
Good first job
Sales Lead/Management (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAFebruary 17, 2016
When I came to Vanity I had already spent a decent amount of time in management and 5+ years in retail. I had very high hopes for this company, however it fell short in almost every aspect.

In my experience there is no consistency within the company, one set of information will say one thing but then uppers say another. There was no confidentiality and constant "throwing others under the bus".

That being said, they do provide a generous discount to employees, assuming they are ever given enough hours to have extra spending money, as a member of management I averaged about 15 hours a week.

I do think they provide a good opportunity for a first job, but don't expect too much from the company.
Boring, constant drama
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was to try and meet part of your goal which was average 110+ an hour each hour you worked. So 7 hours you need 770 or more!
Pros
Team Leads who are pretty lenient with work
Cons
Very boring, repetitive, 2 different scheduling systems
upper management is terrible
Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYJanuary 22, 2016
the upper management doesn't care about the stores on the east coast, they are located mostly in the west and Midwest and those stores get priority. District managers are never available when you have questions or concerns. And then when they do come for a visit to the store, they are condemning you for not doing the things correctly that you had the questions about when they didn't answer. The discount is good, but usually the promotions that are offered in the store are pretty close to what you get as an employee
Overall loved it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 6, 2016
I overall loved this job, Very fashion forward and not crazy busy. The only major downfall was as a store manager I was required to work a minimum of 45 hours a week on salary. So I was stuck working open to close most days alone because I didnt have payroll to have someone else come in.
Pros
Fashion forward
Fun work place!
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHNovember 23, 2015
This was definitely an enjoyable work experience! I leaned about fashion and accessorizing! This was defiantly a dream come true job when you are a young adult. I really enjoyed helping others pick out the perfect outfit!
The place where my managing began
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDNovember 16, 2015
This is where I began my first management job. It was a great place to start because the team was always under 20 employees. I learned to communicate better with those I manage. My co-workers were quick to help me in all areas. The hardest part was a turn-over in associates, I wasn't always able to build a solid relationship.

2.8