Vanity Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIMay 5, 2017
A typical day at work will be spent helping customers find clothing items and accessories as well as ringing customers up at the cash register. You also will have to do some cleaning.
Amazing place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 30, 2017
This was an amazing company to work for, its a shame they went out of business now but it definitely gave me a lot more experience and i loved the hard working team we had working for us.
Pros
hard working fast paced girls
Cons
had to close down
Was a great part time job while attending school
Lead Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the basic tasks I was given, even as a manager. I was generally the closer and didn't mind it at all. I started off as a basic sales associate and moved up to a lead sales manager a few months later. Biggest problem was district manager would need things done, but only had three employees working at the store so I would end up pulling crazy late hours for floor set changes. Also didn't want to budge on increasing pay from either minimum wage or 8.50 for managers.
Pros
Great work environment, loved the job
Cons
Very crazy hours and very low pay
Crazy Hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 27, 2017
Many days management would be by themselves from opening until 3 in the afternoon making it difficult to leave the floor to use the restroom or eat. Hours were terribly long. You could rarely plan any activities because the schedule would change so much. My District Manager was really great, but since the store was ran pretty smoothly didn't see her very often. Unfortunately my location closed, but it had enough positives I would have stayed a while. I was fresh out of college and really enjoyed selling the juniors merchandise.
a great place with great benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKApril 24, 2017
I was the manager at Vanity. I really like keeping places clean and straight. I like things such as paperwork also kept neat. I also kept games for fun to reach our goals.
Pros
discount and district manager
Cons
there was nothing i can say
Fun Place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 13, 2017
Completive and a great place to get recognition. I had great mentors as leaders and they were very supportive in the field. I was able to advance quickly.
If you love to shop here then you should work here.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 5, 2017
You get a discount on clothes for every season. If you love picking out outfits for people then this a place for you. Also sometimes you get in competition with other sales associates on who can sale more.
Cons
You might spend your whole paycheck here.
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 4, 2017
Overall was a great company to work for. Upper management made some poor decisions which eventually forced the company to close the doors. Under different leadership, I would consider this an awesome place to work.
vanity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHApril 4, 2017
the vanity I worked for just closed down at the mall. I did however like working retail there and enjoyed all of the people I worked with. helping people find outfits was my favorite part
Fun workplace and very flexible schedule!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILApril 2, 2017
Love working here and love how flexible the schedule was! I also love all the people that work here and it is an overall great experience with gaining new friendships and learning valuable skills I'll need later in life
Fun and stylish workplace
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2017
I love the atmosphere that we created in the store for the women we styled. Also we have sizes for full figured women so they can also feel beautiful and confident in our clothing.
Pros
Understanding management team
Cons
Stores location
Great place to work and most dedicated employees
Store Operations Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 17, 2017
Spent many years working for Vanity and there was always room for advancement. Everyone who worked their truly loved their job and loved their co-workers.
Fun at the mall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 7, 2017
Easy going and fun even when fast paced and busy. If you know girls than jobs a cake walk. Good hours. Easy shifts. Holidays can be crazy but company provides excellent holiday dinners.
Good work space for young people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSMarch 7, 2017
Vanity was a clean and small place to work. Management was good and I enjoyed working with my other co workers. The customer base was usually fun and friendly. I would recommend for high schoolers or young college kids looking for something easy and part time.
Positive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 6, 2017
I always looked forward to going into work. I loved all the girls I worked with and I have learned so much from all of them. We got to grow together and we all learned something new everyday.
Vanity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Genesee Valley Center, Flint, MIMarch 6, 2017
Vanity was a wonderful company to work for from my Regional Manager, my DM and my incredible staff. We worked together as a team. We excelled at customer service and constantly tried to better ourselves.

I learned so much. I was a leader, training others to become leaders. Business metrics are 100% a team effort! Listen as much as you speak when coaching!
It will be missed
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 2, 2017
Great opportunity within the FM area
I enjoyed the management staff
I loved my job and all the people I worked with.
I wish they hadn't closed.
Loved my time here
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 2, 2017
I started as a sales lead and within a month I was an Assistant Manager. I loved my team I worked with, and being able to come into work every day and feel like I was home. I'm so sad to see Vanity is closing. This is the first job I've had that I can actually say I've loved. It's been stressful, because I have taken on so much responsibility at a very fast pace, but I truly have loved it.
Pros
Good hours, good pay, great environment, fun job
Cons
great people to work with
District Manager (Current Employee) –  UTMarch 1, 2017
love the field and home office team. The product is great and easy to sell because it has such a great fit. The management teams are truly awesome. They are great to work with.
Vanity everyday
Sales Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 19, 2017
Never a set amount of hours. Fun place to be only if you're around the right people. An all girls company that is always hiring. In the mall so you come to contact with several people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanity. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8