VANS Employee Reviews

Vans
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLOctober 16, 2017
This store was a very cool place to work, it's the perfect first job. Very respectful staff and management, and a very chill environment.
The hours were very unconsistent.
Pros
discounts, respectful management
Cons
bad hours
its a clean neat environment
Associate picker/ floor trainer (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 16, 2017
everyone is nice there is a lot of safety around the warehouse they really care about the safe of our well being its very organized and neat the work is easy very good training and flexibility is also provide 401 k benefits discounts
Pros
benefits and discounts
Cons
bad pay
Great Fun and Room to Develop
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2017
Great company culture, atmosphere is amazing. This is a unique opportunity to learn and develop with great managers and team leaders. I absolutely love working here.
love vans
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAOctober 16, 2017
absolutely loved working at Vans
management is amazing
workers are great
great work environment
I am people person so it was an easy job
would recommend this for anyone
Fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 14, 2017
I recommend to anyone who likes working with customers to give Vans a look because every day I was able to work with customers. Everyone was veery friendly and the discounts are amazing.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2017
First job
Learned to use cash register
Developed my own way to approach customers
Taught how to speak up and stay positive

I was able to find out just the way things worked around the store. Learned how to professionally fold clothes and how to set the displays.
Dream job!
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalOctober 13, 2017
I had the opportunity to work in Vans, I can say, it was a great experience, personal and professional.
I met a lot of people and I had been working with the global team understanding the importance of different audiences and markets.
The only thing that I regret is not to have a good manager, I was feeling miserable the last months, I was holding my job because I love it so much. But my manager was so bad that I couldn't resist anymore.
Pros
Great place to work. Great teams. A lot of fun, music, sports, festivals, shoes, clothes!
Cons
Bad management in my case. Wrong people in high positions.
fun and friendly enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 13, 2017
fun, laid back work environment. big on customer service and making every customer feel welcome and special. fun and goofy at times, but can be serious and make great sales
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
pay, hours
Family Like workplace
Reception/Facility Team Member (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 10, 2017
Vans workplace is Vans family. Very welcoming and easy to work with employees. Everyday was vantastic! Facilities team was always supportive and wonderful to work with. Although my position was temporary, everyone treated me like a full time employee.
Fast paced and busy
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2017
A typical work day was busy and sometimes stressful. I learned how to inventory stock and all stockroom procedures. I learned how to take in shipment as well. Management was always changing. I feel like they played favorites at times. Workplace culture I guess was alright. Everyone was mostly friendly. Hardest part of the job was when we got really busy and stock checks were out of control during holiday seasons. The only thing I enjoyed about this job was that I got to work with some nice people and the discounts were nice.
Productive and fun work place filled with a lot of hospitality
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 8, 2017
I took pleasure coming to work everyday. Holiday season would be brutal, we would get blitz. I took pride in working for vans. Worked with an exceptional staff, glad I had the opportunity to have Howard as a manager.
productive and fun
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 5, 2017
Vans store is a usually fun place to work at. You will always have some difficulties at a work place but its never too much a person can handle. It is very fun and they always challenge you.
Fun alternative workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 4, 2017
As a sales associate, it's a pretty fun job. My only issue is the manager at this location is a mess, and won't take responsibility for her actions, but the assistant manager is amazing so most of the time things are fine. I do love this job, and how there's always something to do, I just wish the pay was more and there were more opportunities for a pay raise.
Pros
Amazing discount, flexible hours, fun job.
Cons
starting pay, you must follow a pipe line to get promoted.
Fun workplace
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 4, 2017
A typical day at work included making sure the store was neat and helping guests find what they needed. Very goal oriented establishment and always supportive.
Chill work environment
Compute sales (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 3, 2017
Working at Vans has allowed me to effectively communicate better with other people and having a manager that is really dedicated to her job makes the effort worthwhile. The hardest part about the job for me is trying to convince someone to get more items because this is my first retail job but I find that the most enjoyable part about the job is definitely the people I work with. Extremely helpful, caring and considerate.
Pros
Discounts, Coworkers, etc.
Cons
Hours and Pay
Vans Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 2, 2017
A typical day at work they would have me on the sales floor, if I am not on the floor they will have me in the stock room. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter were they put me because I have fun with it no matter where I am. I have learned how to work with many different type of people, along with getting to know the company pretty good. Management is one thing that gets to be me because it is based on a lot on favoritism even though they say it's not. Workplace culture is amazing there's a little bit of everything which makes it great. There is nothing hard about this job at all. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to have a really great connection with my coworkers and makes us connect more like family. I also enjoy being able to network with the customers and being able to be there five minute friend.
Pros
discounts, ride the skatepark for free
Cons
short breaks
Very Fun workplace
Seasonal Cashier- Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 30, 2017
there is always a job to be done during the busy sale season. restoring and refreshing the sales floor, customer service, sales, and transactions are things you will learn on the floor from other members of the team. the staff was very friendly and always willing to help and answer questions
Fun environment
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 28, 2017
A typical day would be meeting new people all day long from all around the world. The workplace environment was always full of positive energy, and enjoyable. I learned how to interact with customers more than I used to.
Feels like family
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 28, 2017
Working at Vans is like working with your fun crazy family! Its a lot of fun with work to always keep you busy so you dont only look busy you are busy.
Great seasonal work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2017
Being that it was a temp job, I can't speak for long term, but it was a great seasonal experience and I would totally do it again! Great staff and environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VANS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3