Composites Manufacturing Engineer
The Manufacturing Engineer will be involved in all aspects of the business cycle in a small manufacturing environment. Get involved with both technical and business issues, make the job more challenging and fulfilling. This Engineer is responsible for maintaining close customer contact, initiating product/process development including preparation of cost estimates. Prior work in these areas is a plus.
1. Project design requirements are often defined by the customer and this Engineer must be familiar with raw materials, pattern definition, lay-up sequence, detailing and identification of safety considerations as appropriate.
2. Coordinating tooling concept/design. This is often a team-engineering task with tooling as a make or buy decision. Ability to read blueprint/designs a must. No design exp. necessary.
3. Familiarity with process engineering, including definition of cure cycle and surface finishing including painting, which is normally customer defined.
4. Set program goals to meet customer and company requirements for delivery, cost objectives, and transitioning of programs from Engineering development to Production modes.
5. Knowledge in establishing metrics for monitoring success of meeting goals+.
6. Program cost control, i.e., preparation of ETC’s and continued monthly Gross Profit overview and reporting.
In the fulfillment of the above responsibilities, the Manufacturing Engineer will be required to work closely with those individuals who have functional responsibility for specific areas such as Purchasing, Production, Sales and Marketing, & Quality.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related fields. Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred, however consideration of less experience will be made. Good understanding of composite materials and ability to work independently or on a team in a small company environment. Hands-on manufacturing engineer is preferred. Knowledge of CAD is preferred.