Vantiv Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work each person counts.
technical support (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2016
Vantiv company is not ran like any other Job I have had, when the company is a public company for trading. this industry brings in money even through hard times so that may explain the relaxed environment. If you are looking for a great place to work, that balances personal life and work life as well as any company, and also provides competitive pay, Vantiv is it. . its truly all about what you make it. Management actually has your back.
Pros
work life personal life balance/management
Cons
still tied to a phone.
Excellent Place with Advancement Opportunities
FI Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 18, 2016
I started at Vantiv, Inc as a customer service rep taking calls for some FI's debit cardholders as well as for a bank's credit card holders who primarily were Spanish-speakers. Over time I was assigned more clients, steadily increasing my skills as well as my pay. After a few years I applied for the Team Lead position for my team and got it, now doing a lot of things that Supervisors would do, including taking supervisor calls, coaching agents when a client sends feedback for improvement and doing Quality Assurance for my team's calls.
Fast paced environment since the Agile transformation kicked-off.
Product Owner/Lead Business Architect (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 25, 2016
Management is extremely good and always work on a challenging projects that sticks with the vision and growth of the business. The hardest part would be the adoption of SDLC methodology, like transformation from Waterfall to SAFe agile was highly difficult. As the cross train coordination was lacking.
Don't Trust Them
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2016
My overall experience with the company is good. However, 2 of the 3 managers I had in less than 1 year were far from even being ok. Initially I was hired to do one job. Then without notice I was assigned a completely different job.My managers also changed. Almost immediately I was place on written warning stating my work in my old position was not up to standards. This information was never provided to me and I have an email stating I was being moved due to nothing I did. I was terminated 30 days later. I never had a chance. My first manager to this day will say I was a good employee. The others are just waiting for retirement.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Managers will not provide feedback and will change your job duties once hired
Never a dull moment...
Merchant Services (Current Employee) –  Durango, COMarch 30, 2016
Time flies when you're having fun. There is no such thing as a typical day at work. On top of the mundane daily tasks we are required to put out fires and make split second decisions that affect the performance and well-being of the company. Every day a new situation arises that requires a new analysis and quick thinking. The managers are there to support the teams and the employees all have to work together to make sure that partners and merchants are happy and taken care of. The most difficult part of the job is making sure we remain in compliance with our customer contracts and card brands. Even though this is challenging, fulfilling this role and keeping the company out of trouble is the most interesting and enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
best job in town, decent benefits, free lunches, locations across the country
Cons
not much room for advancement, high expectations with little reward
Great Potential in Future
Regional Account Executive NH (Former Employee) –  New HampshireDecember 11, 2015
This company needs to work out its support for sales people in the field, there is no real organization on who helps with what when something goes awry for the merchant and it falls on the AE which takes enormous time away from making sales calls. Also, the AE is offered one thing for goals and pay, then after 6 months it is changed making the opportunity to make the money promised more difficult. A disappointment to someone who works hard to excel.
Come to work, do your JOB, NO problems.
Associate Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 20, 2016
I enjoy working for Vantiv the company is always giving away gifts, having raffles , and food aside for that the work is easy as long as you're doing what you are supposed to do you will enjoy working for this company.
Professional Environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2015
My responsibility as a Bilingual Customer Service Representative is to professionally solve the issue of the cardholder that is calling in. That could be that their card is blocked, or that they want to know why a transaction is not being authorize, or to report travel or to make a payment, or to have their credit limit increased to desired amount and things like that......
Pros
Help others with issues
Cons
You might have cardholders that are mad and they may not talk to nice to you!
Fun Place to work for .
Bilingual Regional Merchant Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 6, 2015
A typical day at work included getting to work being on your headset ready to take a call. It took communications skills and patience.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
not enough pay or incentives
Typical day at work
Web/UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Most of the typical days at work is the first day of the week after long weekend. It happened so that I was coming back to Ohio from California my flight got delayed so was I and had to take unplanned leave.
Loss of culture
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 6, 2015
The culture at Vantiv is different than it was at Litle. It is unfortunately more silo-based than it used to be. The people that work here are still really great, although attrition rate is the highest I've ever seen. Management is more focused on the window dressing than job performance (meaning what hours you are here and that it appears you're working hard, rather than focusing on actual work being done). It's a shame because Litle was a great company to work for.
high tech, forward thinking company
Level 1/2 Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 13, 2015
Vanitv is a great place to work. They hire the best and brightest, maintaining the highest standards in the processing industry. Everyone hired as a contractor strives to be hired directly because of the friendly atmosphere and high business standards. (Plus the on site cafeteria helps!)
Pros
on site cafeteria, advancement opportunities, friendly atsmophere
Cons
can be hard for contractors, no firm ending dates
Fun and Productive place to work
Security (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2015
Quite a good place to work as an entry level computer technician. I had a good chance to learn hands on laptop troubleshooting and repair.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Work hours not consistence
bank partnership
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New England TerriroryAugust 1, 2015
bank partnership is crucial to the success of this company. i foster a positive environment for my employees and promote positive relationships with bank partners.
Unpredictable work environment no job security
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Symmes, OHJune 7, 2015
Most of the coworkers were great management was not very help only assist when they need their numbers up. I had four manger for the time I was there.
Pros
lunch room in bulilding
poor organization all around
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  east Alabama/west GeorgiaApril 21, 2015
management said one thing and then did another. instead of fixing issues the firm looked to lay blame. in the end the low man on the totem pole takes the hits from all sides.
Pros
pay scale was good
Cons
poor management, poor communication, nothing is straight forward
Good Company, Bad Work/Life Balance
Implementations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 30, 2015
Vantiv is a good company to work for with excellent benefits, but the work life balance for my position is severely lacking.

I continually work over 40 hours a week, I do not recall the last time I took a proper lunch break.
Was Great now Not at All
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2015
I started here when they had won the title of best places to work in Cincinnati in 2012. The place has declined markedly since then. There is no fun; no support; no training for employees and no loyalty. They let people (10%) go annually and expect the remaining employees to take on that work and maintain the level of efficay and happiness. The morale is bad, They do not clearly communicate goals and when those are communicated, they change soon afterward, There is outsourcing off shore and those left onshore are expected to oversee what happens overseas and also correct mistakes done offshore while completing their own tasks. Those that are left here in US are helpful and nice people but stressed beyond what a person should be asked to do. While workers show up and put in over 8 hour days, managers in the same area take long lunches, leave early and arrive late.
Pros
Cafeteria on site; generous PTO (if you can take it)
Cons
horrible hours (50+ hrs a week), outsourcing, management not present, no training
Customer Service rep
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  louisvilleApril 12, 2015
This job I enjoyed doing but as for the company they were not very organized. I did enjoy my superiors as well as co workers while at the job. I think the hardest part was having answering phones back to back with no time for breaks in between.
Positive place to work
Accounting Consultant- Vantiv (Former Employee) –  mason ohioMay 14, 2015
Positive place to work, I was only a contractor. Boss was very nice and co-workers very helpful and positive. not much more to say, was only there two months for a project based assignment.