Varian Medical Systems Employee Reviews

system test
System Test Technician (Current Employee) –  UtahNovember 24, 2017
i like the job but the company sucks take away overtime pay, employees cannot pay there bills, as well bonus money, took away away turkeys and ham . I wish things could be different. I started off there as a temp . Inever got a full time position.
Pros
nothing
Happy Place
Data Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 13, 2017
Really good environment to grow, learn from the industries leading experts and expand your horizons and domain knowledge by grasping different concepts from people with different backgrounds
Great Workplace Culture
HR Benefits Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 7, 2017
This company offers a lot of growth and you get awarded and recognized for your achievements and hard work. They also have great compensation and benefits.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, Great work culture
Cons
A good environment to work in
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 1, 2017
Working at Varian was a very fine place to work while I was there. The management was professional while still being approachable. The other engineers who worked there where a pleasure to work with and the work environment was refreshing.
Varian is a good place to work, but not great.
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 27, 2017
Under the new management there is constant pressure to do more with less. This may be temporary. Varian just spun off the X-Ray & Imaging Division (20% of the Company) now there is more pressure to keep stock values up.
Pros
Varian is working to cure cancer, nice people.
Cons
New pressures.
ok
Test Technician I (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 20, 2017
The job is easy but the pay rate is not what an individual would want to have in this job market. Having a bachelors degree you would want to get paid more.
oGood place to work
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 19, 2017
balance of work and life
Good Management
Decent pay
Workshops and Training was excellent
Advancement with in Varian was not so good, not a lot of open jobs with the company
Varian
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 16, 2017
It is a decent place to work. Lots of growth and new product development going on. Challenging work environment with so many projects going on at once.
Good secure place to work, and very supportive.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 2, 2017
The typical day begins by checking e-mails and preforming basic office tasks for the work completed the day before or downloading information for upcoming jobs. Enjoyed being at the cutting edge of technology and helping people. The hardest part of job is not being able to get to the sites fast enough to assure patients get there treatments and the long hours away from home, especially when you have kids events to attend.
Pros
Learn a lot and on the cutting edge of technology.
Cons
Gone away from home alot and working times are usually after treatment day and late into the night.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Data Mining Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 28, 2017
It was very fulfilling to work at Varian. It had a very friendly environment. The mission of the company was to deliver cancer treatment devices, which is an outstanding purpose.

Want to know more about Varian Medical Systems?

Ask a question
purpose
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 28, 2017
The purpose of why you work here is supreme, in my opinion. The culture reflects the passion for this purpose. The transition is going on to re-build, never easy while culture evolves.
Making sure we help physicians help patients
Vice President, Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2017
working in healthcare allows me to help patients through the toughest fight of their lives, surviving cancer. The technology we employ is cutting edge and evolving quickly
Pros
immense satisfaction
Cons
very demanding
Good Company to work for
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2017
My position was in a relaxed department that was run by a well organized manager that put emphasis on preventive maintenance to catch problems before they get out of hand.The company overall, offers many benefits , good compensation and a few little perks (like on-site fitness centers) that encourage longevity with the company. They do not have high turnover.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, good pay, benefits and perks
Cons
Management can be too accommodating to employees, don't always say "no" when they should
Productive, fun.
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 22, 2017
Varain was an over all fun place to work! I enjoyed it for a time of being there, however if any issues araised they took their time to solve them, if you didn't know anyone in the company you would not move up in the work place. A lot of people brought their personal life into the work place, their work ethic declined. If you made someone mad they would ruin your reputation. Aside from the listed. there were times where i had lots of fun it was definitely a learning experience.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, two ten minute breaks 1 30 minute lunch.
Cons
personal ife was brought to work, people yelled a lot, management didn't resolve issues, wouldn't listen to problems.
Fun workplace
Sr. Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 15, 2017
Wonderful management, awesome co-workers. Very busy environment but fun place to work. My co-workers are great and I could not have asked for a better team to work with.
Pros
Special celebration events: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Bbq
Cons
N/a
I worked at Varian through Varsity Contractors. I loved it.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2017
The work was the best place I have ever worked. They did not breath down your neck all the time. I wanted to work for Varian full time. I was there full time through Varsity contractors. Very nice place to work.
Pros
Work was good. They let you work at a good pace.
Cons
I tried to get on permently but they hired someone else.
Summary
Order Consolidation and Shipping Lead (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 8, 2017
Typical day at work for me involves troubleshooting issues with completion of deliveries. I also handle all Importer Security Filing issues, interact with our international offices for process detail and improvement and manage department personnel. In the past year, I've expanded my skill set and achieved APICS CSCP certification.
Many days, this is a high demand job with considerable stress levels, which makes it difficult. What I enjoy most is being able to solve problems and improve efficiency in our processes.
Pros
Medical device provider
Cons
not high on compensation scale
Great people doing great things
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UT 84128September 6, 2017
A great place to start your career. You get the opportunity to work on cutting edge imaging equipment. Some management issues were present including a Good Old Boys club which may inhibit career growth and opportunities.
Varian Medical Systems
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA 94304August 10, 2017
Varian Medical Systems is a great company to work for. They offer one of the best benefits to include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, vision and paid time leave.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Progressive, innovative in almost all departments
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 25, 2017
Progressive company in that it offered an onsite clinic and active wellness programs for its employees. There was a NP onsite and an emergency response team.
Pros
Great benefits, wellness facility, clinic
Cons
heavy in middle management