Variety Wholesalers Employee Reviews

horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 21, 2016
store manager was horrible to employees and customers/loved my job, but the company wouldn't step in and listen to us. I learned a lot about how to manage, and listening to my co workers and respect. I loved all my co workers, but couldn't deal with store manager
Busy
Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 13, 2016
Loved my coworkers and up selling my clients to other areas of the business , I always recruited my guest to try. Facial I get a hair cut or massage / cross sell clients keep them in the building getting service done by qualified and awesome staff
Productive and a fun place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  jacksonville floridaSeptember 13, 2016
You are able to run your store as your own business.The success of your store is based on what you do on a daily basis.Ordering,product placement is really up to you.
Pros
store ownership
Cons
technology
Good for temporary work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 11, 2016
work is pretty repetitive, not many hours available, workload is overwhelming, no incentives, communication isn't the greatest among management teams. Most enjoyable part working there would have to be meeting various people due to it being a customer service based job. Overall could be better but it's an okay place to work in between jobs or if you are just looking for part time work.
kept busy, always had to wait for a cash pickup, mgmt always talking about associates
basic cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Always a customer at the register, constantly ringing up,and taking gator tags on just about every thing. Nasty customers urinating on the floor due to the fact that mgmt didn't want people in the back, always had to say NO PUBLIC RESTROOM!
Pros
associates became friends
Cons
mgmt. is truly awful
Low pay, Unorganized, Poorly managed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 2, 2016
The equipment and stores themselves are very outdated. The management (if you can call it that) was poorly trained and immature. Unreasonable responsibilities for the pay and no room for growth or advancement. In my experience, management was lazy and unorganized. Worst job I've ever had. High turnover
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No benefits, low wages, unreal expectations, unorganized and flighty management
Horrible Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 30, 2016
I absolutely hated this job. One of the worst ever. A typical day at work was filled with chaos. I learned that this was a company I did not need to work for. Management was horrible because everyone blamed everyone, no one wanted to work together under any circumstances. Co-workers were the same. The hardest part of the job was being put down for every little thing. The systems used were stone-age, they are stingy with their money so nothing is up to date. Employees get treated like slaves, pay is nowhere near enough.
Pros
NONE
Merchandising Dept.
Merchandise Presentation (Current Employee) –  Henderson NCAugust 24, 2016
Merchandising Dept. Horrible Director does not know how to talk to or treat employees. Terrible director. Company itself is ok to work for. Not a employee friendly company. Does not pay well or offer good benefits.
District Manager
District Director/ Operations (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 17, 2016
Great company--enjoyed my time there. Fellow DM's are extremely talented. The major issue is the infighting that is going on between upper management. Surprised more middle managers are not coming forward
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Upper management needs to address infighting at the highest levels
Busy workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camden, scAugust 16, 2016
I was the one that did the big projects within the second week of working. Hard work but worth it. The customers were really rude but I held myself to a professional level as did my co workers.
Productive, fast pace, fun.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2016
Typical day at work, doing cash reconciliations of shift drawer change, shift change, stock and inventory of shipment being brought in, paying the bills in the back office, enter receipts for vendors. Helping employees with customers, such as cash and credit refunds, issuing discount, receipts. Closing and Opening the establishment, staff meetings, cashier, safe deposit slips. Management team very professional, fun and friendly environment, no hard part of the job, enjoyable part helping my customers.
its ok
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 15, 2016
working here has its ups and downs. they make you feel like you cant have a life outside of work the hours can be better and work enviroment can be better
Not fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 10, 2016
Roses was a bad experience. They would barely give you time off. Even though you were part-time, you would have full-time hours. Breaks were short, not everyone did their job. It was not enjoyable.
It was a very productive and easy job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAAugust 2, 2016
I spent my days at Roses in the warehouse. My duties were to unload the delivery trucks and sort out the merchandise. My department was softlines, which consist of clothing, shoes, accessories, and infants. I learned a lot about multi tasking and customer service while working there. However, the hardest part about working at Roses was that the management was not stable. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Pros
Sometimes we threw employee parties.
Cons
Management was unstable.
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDAugust 2, 2016
I loved my position at the company and the associates were great.
I learned the responsibilities of CSM and I handled my duties very well. I made sure all cashiers had proper change for customers at all times, resolved customer complaints and paperwork.
Good location
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 27, 2016
The environment was good. I wish they would of given me more hours and more pay. I enjoyed my coworkers. This job kept me busy. They should give more discounts for the employees.
Pros
location
Cons
not enough hours
A day at Rose's
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2016
Working for Rose's discount Store was a good job to have wen you are interested in the retail business. This job requires a lot of customer service skills along with cashiering and accuracy skills.
Pros
The time of the shift was excellent
Cons
It was a little unorganized with the management team but we got the job done.
Convenient
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 24, 2016
Great opportunity, convenient way to get my name out to employers.
Hours I worked were perfect only because I was a single mother of 2 and went to college part-time.
retail
Department of Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 23, 2016
typical retail environment, you can sell, help assist customers and maintain a clean work environement, and they store often has many days with low customer traffic
Pros
small discount
Cons
low pay
Fun workplace .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCJuly 19, 2016
Management are very flexible with work schedule. Also very personal and intuitive with customers .Many pleasant customers but the hardest part would have to be the unpleasant ones.
Cons
low salary, lack of healthcare benefits

2.4