Variety Wholesalers Employee Reviews

productive and hard working place
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCAugust 15, 2017
good warehouse, many things for u to learn, many departments u can transfer to. plenty hours u can work, nice people u can work with. hard working company
Pros
u can leave on breaks
Cons
not knowing when your shift ends
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 11, 2017
I loved working at the Customer Service Desk, I got to assist customers with any problems they had as well as tried to resolve them. I learned how to count down a register at the end of my shifts and record it in the log and fill out the deposit slip correctly.
Horrible place to work
Merchandise Analyst (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCAugust 6, 2017
Extremely extremely racist Company horrible place to work corporate office is full of good ol boys everyone is underpaid and miserable my advice don't apply just run one of the buyers committed suicude a few months ago run just run
Productive workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 4, 2017
Working at Roses on an average day is typically busy. The management is horrible and very unorganized. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. especially the ones who come in on a regular.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, 30 min lunches and horrible management
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAAugust 3, 2017
I liked working here because of the people and customers. they are friendly with smiling face just a great environment. I really don't know what to say about this place
Great hours for a student
Operated cash register and Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 3, 2017
Great hours offered to students with limited available hours. Cashier and Customer Service Desk. Handled exchanges returns and refunds. Balanced cash drawer each night.
Pros
Good hours
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2017
Variety Wholesalers, Inc. was a very productive and fulfilling job. I got to help the customers find what merchandise they were looking for. Very fun experience.
work day
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJuly 31, 2017
Assist customers with check out, unload trucks, put stock up, make store neat. i have nothing else to say about this company. I go in the store now and it is very dirty, unorganized.. Not a good shopping experience anymore.
Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCJuly 31, 2017
It is a chill job, nice co workers, a typical day at work is very busy non stop, management is okay, the hardest part of the job is when someone leave you extra work to do
learning
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSJuly 31, 2017
My day starts out with putting out the stock for the customers and getting things ready for them to make their purchase. The staff was a job to be with and teach you all that you needs to be a good customer services.
Pros
fun and learing
Cons
no insurance
Summary
Assistant Store Manager & Softlines Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44310July 27, 2017
I worked here driving to and fro. I used my customer service skills and management experience while there i made great friend and trained great coworkers!
Pros
great management team
Cons
long distance
Productive and fast pace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 27, 2017
provide a variety of services, from helping individuals pick out items to organizing and cleaning the sales floor to maintain a neat and attractive appearance, greeting shoppers and assessing their needs, showing merchandise and explaining features, and benefits,
sharing information on sales, promotions, payment options, and exchange policies with customers
Pros
Worked around school schedule
Cons
Poor leadership
great place for a young single person with out children
ASSISTANT MANAGER / OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2017
The pay was fair, however, it took away from my kids, so I missed alot of milestones. Were not forgiving of excused time off for family events. Loved the people I worked with, they were helpful.The workload was heavy, depending on your title, as for me, I was all over the place and a lot was expected of me, but the pay was not worth it. I showed up, did not have an attendance problem, and worked for others to be off.
Pros
Experience in Management
Cons
workload less pay
It was ok and wasn't very helpful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2017
Poor management. Hourly pay sucks. Can be very slow at times and boring. Customers can be rude and impatient. Can pay better.Poor team, work, dirty environment
Pros
Dealing with reasonable sources.
Cons
Short breaks, not organized
un paid
Customer Service (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 12, 2017
it was okay to work there but you are under paid for the work do, I will work there again if the pay go up because I enjoy working with the public, the job was not hard.
Pros
fun
Cons
no raises
stressful
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAJuly 12, 2017
Their were always issues not just in this store but other stores as well. Corporate could take better care of the stores and refuse to. Short staffed.
Very hot environment & rude management
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 12, 2017
Ever since the company has been bought out, it's been a very unbearable environment to work in. They show too favoritism. They require you to do more & more but refuse to give you a break.
Underated job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, GAJuly 9, 2017
It was a very unorganized place of work. The back work room was crowded and disgusting. There was no ventilation so work days were like a sweat shop. The bathrooms were dark wet and outdated. The management system was horrible. There was never enough staff to work the trucks and to adequately operate the store and get the product out in a timely manner. Most of the employees were not properly trained on rotating perishable items so there were a lot of ood product. Softlines never had enough staff to keep the salesfloor clean and neat and presentable.
Pros
It was a source of income
Cons
terrible breaks, understaffed, overworked, underpaid, tough working conditions
Great!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 9, 2017
I obtained so much costumer service experience during my time here. I ran the customer service desk and quickly moved up into the assistant manager position.
productive and time consuming
Merchandise Dist. Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 4, 2017
okay place to work if you can take the heat in the summer, and the coldness in the winter. I have to walk a lot to pick products for stores assigned to me.
Pros
good dinners
Cons
very hot working conditons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Variety Wholesalers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4