Do you have a passion for sales, sports and winning? Are you the best at what you do?
We are too!!
Varsity News Network is like ESPN.com for high schools. We develop athletic websites for schools that are easy to use and make some colleges jealous!
Through the use of our websites, and the partnerships with local and regional advertisers, VNN is helping to build the future of high school sports media. VNN’s websites offer their partner schools access to a comprehensive online platform that rallies their community around student athletes. (Check out salinehornets.com for a great example of one of VNN’s sites!) Another benefit of a VNN website is that journalism and broadcasting students in the partner schools can gain hands-on experience in online media, through the posting of articles, videos, web-design, and more. By connecting the court to the classroom, VNN is helping to better prepare students for success in the digital world. And, with the local and regional advertisers who choose to be featured on the VNN websites, we are creating highly targeted opportunities for businesses of all sizes to speak with their customers.
Want to help lead the success of a high growth media and progressive sports company? We are seeking a full-time Sales and Media Account Executive in the central Ohio area. As an Account Executive for VNN, your focus will be on building a network of high schools using VNN, as well as selling advertising onto the websites. Your customers are high school athletic departments, and local advertisers. Your leads to merchants will come from a combination of school referrals, purchased leads, inside sales leads, cold calls, and on-line prospecting efforts. This position has the potential for advancement and high income growth.
- 1 to 5 years of outside sales experience. (Internet or advertising sales background a plus).
- The personality, ability, and drive to establish and grow a territory through cold calling potential new business (on the phone and in person), as well as servicing existing accounts.
- Ability to initiate regular customer contact and to seek evaluation of performance and suggestions for improvement. (This is key to the growth of VNN’s rapidly expanding company!)
- Proven ability to conduct sales presentations, negotiate, overcome objections, close sales, and meet established quotas.
- As this is a work-from-home position, the Account Executive must be self-motivated and proactive, with a high level of drive, energy and persistence. Strong time management skills are required.
- Must have an interest and passion for helping high school sports programs, while increasing earning potential.
Basic technical skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Google Search. Salesforce CRM a plus.
Monthly, non-recoverable draw
Generous commission plan
Quarterly bonus opportunities
Generous expense and benefit reimbursement