VARSITY

VARSITY Employer Reviews

It was a fun place to work.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: short breaks
Learned that managing can be tough but the pay was well worth it.
great place to work at
assistant manager (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GeogiaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break and health care
it was a fair job , not really difficult because it was the same routine everyday.I have learned a lot about customer satisfaction and how to care about the food that you selling, for me it was all about team work no gossiping, we got a situation lets talk about it and move on.
the hardest part of the job was to keep the store clean, and the food at – more... the perfect temperature. taking care of a customer was the most enjoyable part of the job – less
Awesome Sport
Defensive Lineman (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Football is an awesome sport that teaches teamwork and discipline
It is a Productive place to work
Accounting Associate (Bookkeeping) (Current Employee), College Park, MDNovember 21, 2013
Pros: activities we have for the residents.
I am bookkeeper for this company. I am always processing invoices, troubleshooting, and resloving issue. I am always looking for ways to improve and to better myself at work. Get along with my follew associates well. When I have to evicted someone for not paying their rent. I do not get no enjoyment out of that. I enjoy the interaction with the residents – more... and my co workers. – less
N/A
CASHIER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
IT WAS OK HERE I WAS VERY YOUNG WORKING HERE AND I DID LEARN ALOT.
very busy place
Cashier (Former Employee), Athens, GASeptember 9, 2013
very busy place fun lots of excitement good place to work.pleasing the people
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2013
The management team was very concise in what they required of you and had a zero tolerance for excuses and mistakes.
top shape equipment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), swoyersville, PAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no medical
my foreman had no expirence for excavation and thats what he was suppose to supervise
fast pace environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2012
Pros: eat free meals
Cons: no benefits
I love saying what ya have! This job was a very fast pace job specially when we had georgia tech games. I learned to count money fast and take care of the customers every need! My coworkers were ok we couldn't really talk much on the line!
Install Mulch sock erosion control
Tri Axle Driver Erosion Control Installation (Former Employee), Swoyersville, PAAugust 27, 2012
Load and drive tri axle mulch blower truck to job site then install mulch filtration sock to blueprint specification.
Fun place to work
Waiter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaFebruary 7, 2012
Pros: discount on food
I really enjoyed this job for the summer but it didn't work well with my classes during the fall. Overall I would work here again however, not while in school.
Chef
Chef (Former Employee), Plymouth, ENGOctober 31, 2013
Cons: in administration
Company has gone into administration. Prepping food for a busy service, stock ordering, taking in deliveries, running kitchen to EHO and company standards.
Fast paced when busy
Assistant Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), Southampton, ENGOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great for gaining experience
Cons: challenging customers
Worked with a great team and got on well with management. I love sports so loved the fact it was on in the bar all the time, it also meant for great customer interaction.
nice place to work
Lunchroom supervisor, teacher assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2013
Pros: nice students and eople to work with
Cons: not enough hours per week
interesting to work with students and teach them proper french, help them to deal with they problems. I have a great team to work with and the lead is really great. The lob is well organized but the hours foe me are too short (only 10h per week).
Excellent supplement for College studies
Bar Staff (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGJuly 15, 2013
Pros: staff discount, friendly environment.
Cons: late night finishes on the weekend.
Part time job during A level studies, was largely flexible around college hours and provided me an income to help life a full life style.
Good atmosphere and challenging
Bar Staff (Former Employee), LoughboroughMarch 4, 2013
Pros: discount on food and drink.
Cons: sometimes had to work unsociable hours.
Most shifts consisted of serving customers food and drink, keeping the bar and the floor clean, stock taking and closing down. It helped me further my knowledge of customer services, stock taking and waiting. The management were always there to help and my co-workers were fun to work with and easy to get on with. The hardest part of the job was working – more... very late hours at times and the most enjoyable part was dealing with customers daily. – less
Not Good at all
Bar staff (Former Employee), LincolnDecember 12, 2012
Cons: poor management
Typical day consisted of serving customers, keeping the bar tidy, working under pressure. cash handling. Working as part of a team and maintaining the bar by carrying out all tasks needed individually.
Comfortable and happy working atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 30, 2012
The schedule is flexible, if I can find any of my co-workers to work for me. Thus the time of the work and life is quite balanced.
My co-workers are warm-hearted. They always do their best to help me. My manager has trained me lots of useful skills to make things easier and faster.
The Varsity offered a good balance between work and my otherwise busy lifestyle.
COLUMNIST AND BLOGGER (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioApril 17, 2012
The Varsity offered me a freelance position, where new briefs would be posted each week, and we would choose what we wanted to write about on a first come, first serve basis. Writing for the paper allowed me to balance work with my busy lifestyle. I enjoyed preparing the columns and doing the research.