VARSITY Employee Reviews

Running an event
Set-up Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be first waking up at 6 a.m. I work for Varsity which is a cheer leading company so during the days of the actual event I am a set-up manager which is in charge of what we call a "hall" which is basically where one portion of the event is held, the smaller ones are 1 hall while the larger ones can get up to 3. It can get a bit hectic with all the people and that isn't including the athletes. I think the hardest part of my job would be making sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing all the while keeping the customers happy. The most enjoyable part would be the traveling I've done, I have met some amazing people along the way and have learned a lot from the different cultures I've experienced.
a cool and fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 24, 2017
this restaurant is a restaurant that gets busy everyday.I like working here because it teaches me how to be fast to serve custumers in a certain amount of time.
It is a nice job
Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2017
The work is steady but management is very poor I'm looking for a full-time job that's processional I would like to get experience in other area's pls
ok place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAOctober 18, 2016
this Company is pretty good if you want some extra pocket change.....wouldn't recommend it as a career unless your in the healthcare field
Varisty Football
Junior Varsity Softball (Current Employee) –  Cliffside Park, NJAugust 17, 2016
• Developed defensive schemes against opponents
• Coached secondary players for individual skills
• Developed special teams schemes against opponents
• Helped coordinate wide receiver routes for the offense
• Encouraged proper sportsmanship between players
The Varsity
Cash Manager/supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Very well understanding, easy to work with people. they are very helpful, appreciative, and cooperative people. The GM is a good man who is very understanding and always tries his best to keep everyone happy at the same time the work organized
Rewarding
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 3, 2016
A typical workday is interacting with kids, transportation, preparing meals, ensuring all rules are being followed, administering medication, etc...
Best Cleaning service
Cleaning Porter (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 4, 2015
Varsity Makes their employee feel welcomed and keeps them motivated. Ill go back without a doubt. When I had to take a leave, the made sure I was taken care of with a job when I returned.
Varsity Volleyball Summary
HEAD VOLLEYBALL COACH (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 30, 2015
A typical day consists of a two hour practice and if we don not have practice it is because we have a game. I have learned to be responsible. This was my first real task that I am in charge of everything that goes on in the volleyball program. Not only do I look over my team, but I also look over two other teams and deal with any issues that may come up. Fortunately, I have had a very smooth year with no complications. I hired two coaches to coach the lower level teams and they do a fantastic job. This year the program has done much better than previous years. The hardest part of my job is that I am young and only two years older than my oldest player so I had to be very firm in the beginning to gain that respect level but now that it is established my job is very smooth. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the results that my girls have made. Looking back at our very first game, nobody would expect us to be the team that we are today.
Pros
connecting with young athletes who need guidance
Cons
Fantastic Culture with a lot to offer young people
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  TXJune 11, 2015
This is a fantastic company with an amazing culture. They provide a great opportunity for young people to travel to places they would otherwise never go, and it is a leadership development focused environment. I would still be working for them if they paid adult wages. Great for people right out of college, but you just can't afford to work there once you have a family.
Pros
amazing people, great travel opportunities, co-workers truly feel like family
Cons
pay/benefits
A good place to learn customer service skills and deal with all people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Athens, GaJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced, which give you a chance to be versatile and get the job done in a timely manner.Management sticks by your side for you to become a better employee. The job is really not that hard, and the enjoyable part is getting a chance to communicate with the customers and hear about the history of the Varsity.
Pros
Meeting all kinds of people
Cons
no weekends or holidays off
Amazing company that allows you to impact the lives of young adults in a positive manner.
Summer Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 8, 2015
I really enjoyed my time involved with this company. They emphasize employee development to ensure everyone representing Varsity is sending a positive message to their customers and delivering top notch instruction.
Productive for the most part.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta,GaSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at the Varsity can sometimes be boring when we are extremely slow but on a normal day its good,beause we are not just standing around talking. We barely learn anything new because we work with the same system. Management is very professional,they are always around when there is help needed. Most of the co-workers do there job and of course there are some who stand around. The job is not hard at all,as long as you do what has to be done. I love when its busy it makes the day go by quicker.
Pros
The company pays for our lunch
seasonal position
Sales clerk/Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2014
I sell clothing at cheerleading events with Varsity about four to five times a year between December and March in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex in the Dallas and Ft. Worth convention centers.

A day or two before the event starts, depending on how big the event is, we unload a truck of pallets that have all of the boxes of clothing and fixtures on it. Then we place the fixtures in the area for the store. Once that is completed, we then fold all the clothing and get the store ready for the first day of competition. During the competition I work the floor by helping customers, stock clothing on the fixtures and organize the back room, and work the register if needed. After the event is all said and done, we pack everything back onto pallets and load it back onto a truck that goes back to Tennessee.
High school alma mater/ varsity/junior varsity defensive coach
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2014
Trained and set practice drills for the athletes. Created plays and evaluated players, as well as instructed the players for stronger performance.
Pros
football team
Cons
there were no cons
overall
Custodian (Former Employee) –  barlett, tnJune 25, 2014
working at varsity was a good work experience. a typical day at Varsity was tough, i began work 5:30 every morning and it was the same routine everyday. i have learned the more you do the more people unappreciative. Management was horrible, if you miss a day, they will tell everybody your business. my co-workers was not professional at all in the work place. the hardest part was went my co-work slack on his/her job and is never there that is 20 times the work on me sometimes i had to do 14hr shifts.
Busy day at the varsity
cashier (Current Employee) –  AtlantaJune 3, 2014
Working at The Varsity you have to have energy. Every since I been at the varsity i learned how to operate a cash register, make ice cream, and my experience with money has improved. The managers are great and patient. The other co-workers are great they move fast like we suppose to and we get the crowd out in know time. The hardest part of my job is when we have a crowd you always want to make sure the food, drinks, and price is correct. Always make sure your customer is happy with their order before walking off. There are many joyful moments at the varsity but my favorite one is screaming "what'll Ya Have".
Pros
breaks
Cons
have to pay for lunch
job summary
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mogadore, OHMay 18, 2014
A typical day at the Varsity O involved opening and cleaning, taking orders, a lot of multi-tasking, customer service, and money handling.
Hard work long days
Sediment and Erosion Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Swoyersville, PAFebruary 20, 2014
I learned to operate several different types of machinery.
The guys i work with are all good guys. That is my favorite part of the job. I like to get a long with my co-workers and be out there as a team working together.
The hardest part is just long hours, 12 plus hours a day 6 sometimes 7 days a week.
Pros
working outside
Cons
no benefits
It was a fun place to work.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 8, 2014
Learned that managing can be tough but the pay was well worth it.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VARSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9