VARSITY

VARSITY Employer Reviews

Productive for the most part.
Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta,GaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: the company pays for our lunch
A typical day at the Varsity can sometimes be boring when we are extremely slow but on a normal day its good,beause we are not just standing around talking. We barely learn anything new because we work with the same system. Management is very professional,they are always around when there is help needed. Most of the co-workers do there job and of course there are some who stand around. The job is not hard at all,as long as you do what has to be done. I love when its busy it makes the day go by quicker.
seasonal position
Sales clerk/Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2014
I sell clothing at cheerleading events with Varsity about four to five times a year between December and March in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex in the Dallas and Ft. Worth convention centers.

A day or two before the event starts, depending on how big the event is, we unload a truck of pallets that have all of the boxes of clothing and fixtures on it. Then we place the fixtures in the area for the store. Once that is completed, we then fold all the clothing and get the store ready for the first day of competition. During the competition I work the floor by helping customers, stock clothing on the fixtures and organize the back room, and work the register if needed. After the event is all said and done, we pack everything back onto pallets and load it back onto a truck that goes back to Tennessee.
High school alma mater/ varsity/junior varsity defensive coach
Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2014
Pros: football team
Cons: there were no cons
Trained and set practice drills for the athletes. Created plays and evaluated players, as well as instructed the players for stronger performance.
overall
Custodian (Former Employee), barlett, tnJune 25, 2014
working at varsity was a good work experience. a typical day at Varsity was tough, i began work 5:30 every morning and it was the same routine everyday. i have learned the more you do the more people unappreciative. Management was horrible, if you miss a day, they will tell everybody your business. my co-workers was not professional at all in the work place. the hardest part was went my co-work slack on his/her job and is never there that is 20 times the work on me sometimes i had to do 14hr shifts.
Busy day at the varsity
cashier (Current Employee), AtlantaJune 3, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: have to pay for lunch
Working at The Varsity you have to have energy. Every since I been at the varsity i learned how to operate a cash register, make ice cream, and my experience with money has improved. The managers are great and patient. The other co-workers are great they move fast like we suppose to and we get the crowd out in know time. The hardest part of my job is when we have a crowd you always want to make sure the food, drinks, and price is correct. Always make sure your customer is happy with their order before walking off. There are many joyful moments at the varsity but my favorite one is screaming "what'll Ya Have".
job summary
Bartender (Former Employee), Mogadore, OHMay 18, 2014
A typical day at the Varsity O involved opening and cleaning, taking orders, a lot of multi-tasking, customer service, and money handling.
Hard work long days
Sediment and Erosion Control Specialist (Current Employee), Swoyersville, PAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: working outside
Cons: no benefits
I learned to operate several different types of machinery.
The guys i work with are all good guys. That is my favorite part of the job. I like to get a long with my co-workers and be out there as a team working together.
The hardest part is just long hours, 12 plus hours a day 6 sometimes 7 days a week.
It was a fun place to work.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: short breaks
Learned that managing can be tough but the pay was well worth it.
great place to work at
assistant manager (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GeogiaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break and health care
it was a fair job , not really difficult because it was the same routine everyday.I have learned a lot about customer satisfaction and how to care about the food that you selling, for me it was all about team work no gossiping, we got a situation lets talk about it and move on.
the hardest part of the job was to keep the store clean, and the food at the perfect temperature. taking care of a customer was the most enjoyable part of the job
Awesome Sport
Defensive Lineman (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Football is an awesome sport that teaches teamwork and discipline
It is a Productive place to work
Accounting Associate (Bookkeeping) (Current Employee), College Park, MDNovember 21, 2013
Pros: activities we have for the residents.
I am bookkeeper for this company. I am always processing invoices, troubleshooting, and resloving issue. I am always looking for ways to improve and to better myself at work. Get along with my follew associates well. When I have to evicted someone for not paying their rent. I do not get no enjoyment out of that. I enjoy the interaction with the residents and my co workers.
N/A
CASHIER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
IT WAS OK HERE I WAS VERY YOUNG WORKING HERE AND I DID LEARN ALOT.
very busy place
Cashier (Former Employee), Athens, GASeptember 9, 2013
very busy place fun lots of excitement good place to work.pleasing the people
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2013
The management team was very concise in what they required of you and had a zero tolerance for excuses and mistakes.
top shape equipment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), swoyersville, PAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no medical
my foreman had no expirence for excavation and thats what he was suppose to supervise
fast pace environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2012
Pros: eat free meals
Cons: no benefits
I love saying what ya have! This job was a very fast pace job specially when we had georgia tech games. I learned to count money fast and take care of the customers every need! My coworkers were ok we couldn't really talk much on the line!
Install Mulch sock erosion control
Tri Axle Driver Erosion Control Installation (Former Employee), Swoyersville, PAAugust 27, 2012
Load and drive tri axle mulch blower truck to job site then install mulch filtration sock to blueprint specification.
Fun place to work
Waiter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaFebruary 7, 2012
Pros: discount on food
I really enjoyed this job for the summer but it didn't work well with my classes during the fall. Overall I would work here again however, not while in school.