Vasa Fitness Employee Reviews

benefits and pay are not good
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 26, 2018
The Company itself is great but the benefits package are only good for those who are single or not needing medical insurance. For those that have a family no matter how much you make say goodbye to almost half your paycheck with benefits and taxes. The pay is extremely low for how much they as their managers to do. it's great for experience if you can hang through the rest just to gain it. The company pulls in so much money they need to worry about taking care of their employees first then the rest with fall into play.
Pros
great environment and meet a lot of people
Cons
pay is extremely low and benefits are outrageous
relaxed atmosphere, fun coworkers
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 25, 2018
great co workers, fit and active lifestyle , flexible hours, quick paced , customer service. I learned the in and outs of how to move up in the company.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
healthcare
Unproductive work environment , poorly managed
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 23, 2018
A place with a lack of direction. You don’t seem to be able to talk to management well unless you get on their backs about it. People aren’t the nicest to work with as they all are egotistical with the acception of few.
Pros
Free membership to vasa
Cons
Doesn’t work well with getting days off
Grueling and harsh work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 27, 2017
you had to hit 120 phone calls, and text 80 people per day.
i learned good time management
management changed alot
the culture was fun till managers were around
worst part doing the phone calls
the best part were the members and some of the staff
Pros
most staff were cool.
Cons
management were sticklers for everything
Poor working environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ogden Heights, UTDecember 20, 2017
General manager at ogden verbally abused the female employees at front desk. And harassed them. Not a great place to work. Very strict on everything including dress code. Free membership but gets cancelled when you quit working there. Spread rumors about the employees and their personal life’s. Would not recommend people to apply.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Verbally abused and harrased, very strict rules.
Vasa fitnesss is amazing
Front Desk Attendant & Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 13, 2017
I have never enjoyed going to work as much as I do at VASA Fitness. It a great place with so much opportunity. Everyone works hard and we are their to uplift each other as well as our members. Its just who we are.
Easy to get along with customers and coworkers.
Front Desk Secretary and Dayporter (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTNovember 27, 2017
You'll have fun here if you can get around the hours and low pay. The company is great to work for, just wish they treated all workers like they treat their sales force and management.
Pros
fun.
Cons
low pay, treated unfairly.
Worst Job Experience I’ve Ever Had
Child Care Lead (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 13, 2017
The working environment was fun and for the most part welcoming; however, extremely poor management and corporate issues led to an overwhelming frustrating experience with the company. Several issues of workplace harassment were completely ignored. Little to no training was given for managers in Colorado branches and the pay was more than underwhelming for the job being asked of employees. Corporate visits were very unprofessional and often resulted in increasing drama and gossip as well as encouraging employees to lie to members. Would never recommend to anyone for employment or for a gym membership.
Pros
Paid travel time
Cons
Poor management, corporate issues, unfair pay
rather not say
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTNovember 7, 2017
Id rather not discuss my experience at Vasa other than to say I loved getting to know the members. Vasa truly does care about their members and it was a delight getting to know them and see them each day when they'd come to workout.
Not ideal for a trainer
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Murray, IDOctober 26, 2017
Wasn't allowed to fully be a Personal Trainer for each client, was to structured and the management was very numbers driven rather than caring for the clients.
Good Starting Place
Personal Training Manager (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time at VASA but lack of career advancement and low pay for time commitment made me seek other work.Head Trainer position was a very good one but discrepancy in trainer quality and other sales staff made the experience more difficult than it needed to be.
I loved this job until....
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTSeptember 17, 2017
I loved this job until management became a pain in the butt. Also i never was able to advance in my carreer although I showed interest and put the efforts into it. The pay is awful.
Pros
Free membership, flexible hours
Cons
Awful pay
Work place
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work with good work environment. It was a place that I was able to get training I needed to pass the certifications I needed to work ..
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough clients
Amazing and Simple Job!
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 28, 2017
Loved working here! The people members were awesome and my coworkers were even better! You just scan people in and help them with any simple questions they may have. It was a fantastic job.
Great for students
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  American ForkJune 21, 2017
VASA Fitness is a good company to work for if you are a student looking for a little something to make a few bucks for the weekend. However, do not expect much in pay. They underpay all their employees and their employees are under-valued for what is expected of them. Management definitely has favorites. The communication from manager to manager is horrible and hectic. Members are always complaining about the company taking money from their accounts unannounced. You will get a lot of the backlash from that, so be prepared.
Pros
Work environment for students
Cons
Low pay, communication, corporate issues
Progressive training atmosphere with lots of opportunities for advancement
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at Vasa Fitness. There were lots of continuing education classes as well as opportunities for advamcement. The facility was constantly being improved and geared more and more toward training and functional fitness.
Pros
Functional facility, great management
Cons
Limited scope of training programs, frustrating contract policies
Very Political
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTMay 15, 2017
Don't expect advancement unless you're best friends with a few people. Always given false hope about clients, never really had enough to make enough money. Meanwhile vasa is always hiring new trainers so no one really makes any money. Also you might have noticed the turnover at ANY position, sales, front desk, trainers. It's because it's not worth the little pay you receive for work.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Productive and Progression
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 8, 2017
Working at Vasa helped me improve on my Networking skills. It also helped me out by having me step out of my comfort zone and actually wanting to socialize with others in need of help.
Gym with great energy and team unity
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 8, 2017
Hire, Fire & Train employee’s, planning company events, creating work schedules, assisted General Manager in sales and production. Gave one on one tours to members.
Pros
Free membership and room to grow
Cons
Low pay
Fun work environment
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 24, 2017
I loved working for VASA! I was a child care attendant and always had fun when I went to work. It's a fun and safe environment that is well managed and flexible. There is little to no room for advancement in the company and night shift hours tend to be inconsistent
Pros
Free gym memberships