Vassar Brothers Medical Center

Vassar Brothers Medical Center Employer Reviews

Excellent clinical environment, but a very punitive culture.
Director of Patient Care (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: excellent staff! professional and hardworking.
Cons: micromanagment from senior leadership.
No work/life balance to speak of and a very punitive culture. That said, it was a great clinical environment to work in. The patient care is excellent and the bedside staff is phenomenal.
Enjoyable
Telecomm Operator & Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMay 28, 2014
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: shorts breaks
I am part of a team and have to opportunity to work with people from all walks of life.
Great group of coworkers
ER trauma tech (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: fast paced experience with a lot to learn.
Cons: some trauma situations were difficult.
Most of the day I would be an important part of the emergency department. Providing quick and accurate diagnostic exams to assist the doctors with immediate care for trauma patients.
An Amazing Medical Center
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: learning so much about the medical field.
As a patient transporter, I enjoyed helping others to transport them to different departments throughout the medical center to their appointments for their road to recovery. I learned so much about the medical field with working with the staff in the various medical departments. This position in many ways has been a rewarding life experience.
Very professional atmosphere.
Echocardiographer (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 29, 2013
The day begins with assisting doctors with TEEs, during the day the department performs adult, pediatric, and stat studies.
My co-workers are always eager to help if necessary and are very knowledgeable in the field. I find my job incredibly fulfilling, I enjoy helping others in need.
would not recommend
Telecommunications Attendant I (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 13, 2013
very stressful.earned to do job as best as I can. Mgt team was not coperative and co-workers was not a team player. The hardest part of the job was listening to others complain
Not good
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee), PoughkeepsieJuly 23, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: terrible management in the nutrition department
I do not recommend working at VBMC. The hospital staff is friendly, the management leaves a lot to be desired. The food and nutrition department is full of great people who are led by a terrible management staff. Be prepared to defend yourself!
fast paced
Transporter (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJune 3, 2013
Every day you have to be ready to work. Working in a hospital takes alot of patients and people skills, very hands on and very delicate but if you can work in a fast paced environment its a fun place to work.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYApril 19, 2013
I've been employed at Vassar for two years now. Like all places of employment there are issues but I enjoy working there. Vassar is great if you make it that way!
Very Busy OR, great staff!
Supvsr Central Sterile Dept/Cert Surgical Tech (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 17, 2013
Know what I know now to due very helpful and knowledgeable medical staff.
Vassar Brother Medical Center
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: staff and compensation
Busy hospital with lots of opportunity for experience. Management is still in transition and staff is very catty.
Challenging environment filled with experience
Manager (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 2, 2012
Pros: benefits, salary, experience
Cons: stagnant culture, little resources
Ingrained culture inhibits progressive movement in culture. Operationally, a challenge due to unionized environment. Throughout years at hospital, there is valuable knowledge and experience gained. Support is high from peers and majority of leadership.
the worst
Security(and I use that word loosely) (Former Employee), poughkeepsie,nyOctober 29, 2012
Pros: decent pay, and that is it!
Cons: see my review, and thats just the tip of the iceberg
One of the worst jobs I ever had. The workers are miserable, as the "management" does everything it can to assure that. I put management in quotes because everyone there has some kind of bogus title. All you have to do is rat out your coworkers and suck up to the supervisors and you too can be a manager. Skill and knowledge not a requirement, as VBMC – more... is filled with a steady stream of suck-ups. They will not let you do your job, as I was hired for security and they were more concerned with having their security guards park cars or deliver mail & newspapers than actually keeping the place safe. Less than 5% of the security department is qualified to call themselves security, starting with the department mgr. The er is filled with medicaid abusers, including the staff, which makes doing your job extremely difficult. Just a terrible atmosphere and place to work. I could go on forever. Do yourself a favor and stay far away. – less
Quiet
Duplicating mail clerk (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 21, 2012
My coworkers are very nice people and we all get along with each other. I enjoy going to work and keeping busy
Incredible!
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 4, 2012
Outstanding medical center. I really enjoyed my time there, I loved my job and everyone I worked with was just amazing.
VBMC GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Supervisor Imaging (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMay 15, 2012
Vbmc is a great place to work. Great customer service ,team work and dedicated hard workers throughout the hospital.

June 8, 2012

Is it hard as they say to be hired as an employee to Vassar Brothers Medical? Like do you have to know someone already an employee there. I have been applying for years but always just get the . Will keep your resume on file for a year

Job no longer exists
Orderly (Former Employee), poughykeepsie, nyApril 19, 2012
assist nursing staff with all needs on the floors. morgue responsibilities.