Vassar Brothers Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
CNA/ER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 1, 2015
During my time working at Vassar Brothers Hospital I learned a lot. They provided the employees with everything that is required to be successful. The employees were cordial, helpful and respectful.
My job at Vassar was a very rewarding one.
Patient Care Tech II (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 14, 2015
Vassar Brothers Medical Center was a good place to work. My co-workers and I worked very well together. The best part of my job was taking care of the patients. Assisting them with their activities of daily living and making sure that they were comfortable and that all their needs were met. The hardest part of the job was seeing some patients get worse instead of better due to their illnesses. All in all it was a very rewarding job.
Good PA Autonomy
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 9, 2015
This place knows how to use a PA. The pay is a low for the area, depending upon your position. The ER pays well. Surgery does not. It's actually an insult how little they pay the surgical PAs; especially considering the workload.
average day
Radiologist Assistant/File Clerk/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 27, 2015
assisting with answering the phones handling faxes. Assist in making copies of patients x-rays and MRI and etc...assisting the Doctors so they can read the MRI and x-rays..lots of filing
Specimen Technician (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 7, 2015
Loved management and coworkers always friendly and helpful when a question arouse. Learned Various lab procedures while working the and how to create titrate different substances.
Pros
People
Cons
n/a
Productive and rewarding work experience with the patients and visitors.
Dietary Aide/ Utility Person (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients. The hardest part of the job was the lack of staff so break times were not provided as they were required to be. A typical day at work was never the same as i worked in different areas. I assisted management in carrying out the daily tasks.
Hard work and low pay
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 30, 2015
management needs to improve. Poor working conditions. They work everyone like slaves and pay very little. They love to right up everyone for silly minor things as well.
Doesn't treat emolyees well
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Not a good place to work, they lie to you, they treat you poorly and they don't care about your health and well being. They also tell you that you can't do anything without permission, or even, if you are diabetic, to test your blood sugar and take your medicine if needed.
Specialty nursing technician ICU/CCU (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 19, 2014
It was a great learning experience. I grew and developed. I learned to identify and solve problems along with function as an effective team member.
Excellent clinical environment, but a very punitive culture.
Director of Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 11, 2014
No work/life balance to speak of and a very punitive culture. That said, it was a great clinical environment to work in. The patient care is excellent and the bedside staff is phenomenal.
Pros
excellent staff! professional and hardworking.
Cons
micromanagment from senior leadership.
Enjoyable
Telecomm Operator & Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 28, 2014
I am part of a team and have to opportunity to work with people from all walks of life.
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
shorts breaks
Great group of coworkers
ER trauma tech (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 25, 2014
Most of the day I would be an important part of the emergency department. Providing quick and accurate diagnostic exams to assist the doctors with immediate care for trauma patients.
Pros
fast paced experience with a lot to learn.
Cons
some trauma situations were difficult.
An Amazing Medical Center
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 3, 2014
As a patient transporter, I enjoyed helping others to transport them to different departments throughout the medical center to their appointments for their road to recovery. I learned so much about the medical field with working with the staff in the various medical departments. This position in many ways has been a rewarding life experience.
Pros
learning so much about the medical field.
Very professional atmosphere.
Echocardiographer (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 29, 2013
The day begins with assisting doctors with TEEs, during the day the department performs adult, pediatric, and stat studies.
My co-workers are always eager to help if necessary and are very knowledgeable in the field. I find my job incredibly fulfilling, I enjoy helping others in need.
would not recommend
Telecommunications Attendant I (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 13, 2013
very stressful.earned to do job as best as I can. Mgt team was not coperative and co-workers was not a team player. The hardest part of the job was listening to others complain
Not good
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  PoughkeepsieJuly 23, 2013
I do not recommend working at VBMC. The hospital staff is friendly, the management leaves a lot to be desired. The food and nutrition department is full of great people who are led by a terrible management staff. Be prepared to defend yourself!
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
terrible management in the nutrition department
fast paced
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 3, 2013
Every day you have to be ready to work. Working in a hospital takes alot of patients and people skills, very hands on and very delicate but if you can work in a fast paced environment its a fun place to work.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 19, 2013
I've been employed at Vassar for two years now. Like all places of employment there are issues but I enjoy working there. Vassar is great if you make it that way!
Very Busy OR, great staff!
Supvsr Central Sterile Dept/Cert Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 17, 2013
Know what I know now to due very helpful and knowledgeable medical staff.
Vassar Brother Medical Center
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 23, 2013
Busy hospital with lots of opportunity for experience. Management is still in transition and staff is very catty.
Pros
experience
Cons
staff and compensation