We are building a new online video experience. Some technologies we're working with include Freewheel Video Ad server, thePlatform PDK, and HTTP Streaming.
- Build core video players and related components to create superb user experiences and enable the advertising business goals.
- Integrate the video players into the consumer facing sites of our leading-brand properties
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, backend engineers and usability engineers to refine the user experience.
- 6+ years of work experience in general web application development, with 4+ years with front-end development
- Work experience with online HTML5 video and/or Flash video player.
- Advanced knowledge of jQuery
- Comfortable working in an agile development cycle environment
experience integrating front-end code with JSP, JSTL and taglibs or other back-end languages.
- Knowledge and experience with XSLT
- Experienced with version control (SVN preferred), content management methodologies
- Solid understanding of web/usability/accessibility standards
excellent troubleshooting skills
Preferred Skills (bonus if you have these):
- Experiences with thePlatform video player development kit (PDK).
- Experiences with FreeWheel ad service development and integration.
- Experiences with web analytics integration with Adobe SiteCatalyst/Omniture.
- Experiences with HTTP Streaming.
- Other equivalent expertise with the following products is also beneficial: Brightcove, Ooyala, Kaltura, and JWPlayer.
- Experience with large consumer facing CMS integration, Adobe CQ and BrightSpot a plus.
- Extensive knowledge architecting Front-End frameworks.
- Knowledge of web application lifecycle, MVC and other design patterns
- Experience with unit and functional test cases using Selenium.
You should also:
- be able to work with minimal supervision and with remote co-workers
- be passionate for building world-class products
- have a strong sense of commitment and responsibility for your work
have excellent communication and time management skills
- have demonstrated prior career growth and a desire to learn
have a keen interest in emerging technologies
- have a friendly, positive attitude - we're a friendly group!