Responsible for the hands-on overseeing of day to day activities of the organization’s technological and software needs as well as providing insight in the strategic direction of future technology investments. This position will serve as a key business partner by ensuring uninterrupted performance of software and hardware platforms, phone systems and networks. This position will also support and safeguard of company data and assets, provide innovate ideas to drive process and cost improvements.
Help Desk Administration
- Provide hardware and software support and training as needed to approx. 50 user workstations / 10 remote users (XP and Windows 7)
- Support the Inter-Tel Phone system; ensure the latest versions of technology / upgrades are in place.
- Monitor and implementation of the latest anti-virus software / devices
- Manage a ticket tracking system to monitor requests and open items to an I.T. Steering Committee
- Interact with internal customers on all levels to resolve I.T. related issues in a timely manner.
Network & ERP Administration
- Leadership role in the selection and implementation of a new ERP system
- Update and maintain network security controls
- Point person in planning and implementing additions, deletions and major modifications to our ERP system
- Review and provide a recommendation for existing network reporting and possible upgrades
- Manages the procurement of all software, hardware and other I.T. supplies
- Tracks and protects company technology assets; ensures that they are maintained responsibly
- Oversees troubleshooting, system backups, archiving and disaster recovery and provides expert support
- Evaluate current I.T. infrastructure and develop the roadmap to support future business conditions, including a new ERP system.
- Review, monitor and sign off on all technology and telephone related charges; ensure billings are accurate and identify opportunities to drive cost reductions.
- Serve as business partner in assisting management in developing tools to data mine / report information
- Additional projects based on business requirements
Required knowledge and skills:
- Strong knowledge of information technology, including hardware and software
- Ability to be hands-on and successfully handle multiple tasks
- Experience in supporting the implementation of ERP and related system; including a firm understanding of virtual transaction processes
- Customer service focused and approachable
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Process improvement / change agent mindset.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or like discipline.
- 5 years’ experience; Manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate would be a plus
- Project Management experience or certification (PMP)
- Other – team player, high energy with a passion for excellence
- Local candidates preferred
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -