Seeking an experienced Configuration Management Engineer to work with our Web Applications Development teams.
This individual will work closely with engineers supporting network websites. Must have experience with Java and Unix development and environments. This role will be hands on developing, customizing, and operating build, release, and deployment systems for complex web applications involving many internal and external dependencies which are being built continuously and released daily.
- Work with development and operations personnel on software build, release, and deployment processes. Specifically defining, documenting, improving, testing, and automating such processes.
- Subject Matter Expert for software configuration management tools including version control, build management, bug and change tracking, dependency management, and release management.
- Conduct training for software configuration management tools and processes.
- Assist with the deployment of software releases between environments.
- Assist with the tracking and sharing of software dependencies both within and between projects and platforms.
- BA/BS from accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of development or software configuration management experience.
- High level of experience with Unix environments, systems, and shell scripting.
- Experience with Java software development.
- Highly experienced with source code control systems, both centralized (Subversion) and distributed (Mercurial or Git).
- Experienced with continuous integration tools (TeamCity, Jenkins).
- Experience with software build tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle).
- Experience with issue tracking systems (Jira)
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Indeed - 7 months ago