Vayama.com is an online travel agency uniquely focused on international travel. Since 2007, the company has been committed to providing travelers with the most comprehensive set of airlines, fares and flights, allowing people to experience popular, well-traveled destinations as well as some of the most remote corners of the world. By working with a vast network of trusted global partners, Vayama taps published and negotiated fares to put the very best international content all in one place. Travelers who visit Vayama.com can browse thousands of hotels and book rooms at the lowest prices available, as well as rent cars all over the world. Vayama is one of six brands managed by Travix, with offices in U.S., Canada, Brazil, and 17 other countries, and is headquartered in Netherlands
Travix International B.V., one of the leading global and the largest Dutch online travel agency, manages an extensive portfolio of travel-focused websites operating under the brand names CheapTickets, BudgetAir, Easytobook, Vayama, Vliegwinkel and Flugladen. Easytobook is specialist in online worldwide hotel reservations. The other brands provide both search and book capability for flight combinations worldwide on both scheduled and low cost airlines. In addition, these sites offer attractive pricing for hotels, car rentals, rail travel and holiday packages. Travix operates its six brands globally, employs almost 700 persons, with combined sales in excess of US$ 2 billion. Travix is part of BCD Holdings N.V. For more information: www.travix-international.com
As a key member of the leadership team, the Director/Sr. Director of Marketing will report directly to the EVP, Travix Americas. The candidate will bring to the team solid experience in brand building, marketing strategy, direct marketing, product marketing, market research, CRM, and analytics.
Ideally the candidate will have contributed in the recent past to the success of a leading ecommerce & media company where s/he developed the key skills to be successful in this role:
- A creative and analytical approach to defining and executing innovative marketing solutions that maximize brand awareness, online and offline.
- Hands-on expertise in delivering successful traffic and user acquisition programs that drive traffic, bookings, and profitability.
- Expertise in delivering CRM and loyalty marketing to drive organic growth and cross selling of the entire product portfolio: Air, Hotel, Cars, Insurance, Packages.
- In-depth analytical acumen to constantly manage and measure performance.
- Drive consumer and industry awareness of the travel vertical/OTA to internal stakeholders, such as development, product management, industry relations, and data analytics.
- Provide leadership to the marketing team, consisting of Brand, CRM, Design and to help scale the organization with growth of Company.
- Provide marketing anchor to expand brand into Canada, Brazil and other countries.
- Help drive the organization to be market driven.
This role requires an executive that is a highly respected marketing professional; someone that can bring both the strategic vision of how to build the Vayama brand, but also the analytical mindset to understand and capitalize on the diversifying channels, product portfolio and profitable growth.
- Previous experience serving as the Director/Sr. Director of Marketing at an ecommerce or internet media/service company. Ideally the candidate will have practical experience within the travel or OTA industry.
- A 15+ year career track with progressively responsible marketing roles - expertise in managing all facets of marketing - branding, lead generation, PR, digital/social media buzz, product marketing, direct/CRM, Research and analytics.
- Comfortable moving between the strategic and tactical nature of the role - personally interested in everything from defining the broad marketing strategy for Board approval to the brass tacks required to strengthen a company’s social presence or launch a successful new promotion with a partner/supplier.
- Strong foundation in the tactics to build and manage a high-volume traffic and bookings pipeline - real world proof of marketing campaigns and programs that drove awareness that turned into revenue.
- The respect and admiration of former colleagues - in particular, recognition for efforts to partner with and support the entire company. Self motivated, and self directed, able to create order in chaos.
- Success building, retaining and leading a small, and lean marketing team.
- Experience identifying and managing key agency/creative resources - everything from PR to graphic design.
- Strong understanding of ROI-oriented marketing and internet advertising modelswith key understanding of conversion funnel metrics, CRM, and marketing analytics.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and staff in a fast paced, results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Bachelors degree required, plus an MBA qualification is highly desirable.
This position is located at Travix Americas office in San Francisco Bay Area. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and much more!
Please note we are not able to offer relocation, visa sponsorship, visa transfer for this position.
Please visit our website www.vayama.com.
Please put the job description in your email subject line.
Vayama.com is an online travel agency uniquely focused on international travel. Since 2007, the company has been committed...