VBrick Systems

VBrick Systems Employee Reviews

Sinking ship.
Confidential (Former Employee), ConfidentialAugust 22, 2014
Pros: the people you will likely work along side with. the worker bees look out for each other.
Cons: inept, yet arrogant ceo/coo and upper management. very unstable company.
I was one of the 20 laid off nearly 2 days ago. I'm sure this will sound like sour grapes, but anyone that has worked under the current management would say this is reality. I have never worked for a company that was so mismanaged and disorganized.

The best thing that can happen to this company is that they sell it to more capable hands. But something tells me they'll wait until they've completely ran the company into the ground to do that. Then liquidate.

When the management team came over and acquired the company, little did anyone know, it was beginning of the end. Up until the time I was let go, there was people that were working there that I had no idea what they exactly it was they did there. There are people working there, particularly, in the 'VP' section, that are only there because they're good buddies with the COO. These are people working there that have 0 qualifications for their position. There are just plain too many 'VP chefs" in the kitchen.

I was technically promoted. However, my paycheck didn't get the memo. They basically just had me doing 2 jobs for the price of one. I was not the only one who took on more responsibilities with no pay bump. That is part of the culture there. A management that will get everything out of you, and not express gratitude in your pay check. If you don't think technically skilled workers can be as easily exploited as a fast-food worker, accept a position at Vbrick.

Vbrick is in bed with so many companies or "resellers" or "partners", it has lost control over its own brand reputation. They have OEM products that are nothing – more... but a burden. They've lost hundreds of customers across the board. They think a certain new product is going to turn that ship around. But it's just too little, much too late. If this company is still around in 2 years, in it's current form or at all, it would come as a surprise to say the least.

The way the layoff was handled was completely cowardly with last minute notification. Severance package was a joke. Their excuse was that I've only been there for a year. But the fact is, most people there were hired with the past year or two. To wrap up, this is a company you should avoid.

Here's a que-- when the COO of the company is sitting in a cube, you can pretty much be assured that the company is heading in the wrong direction. When you start hearing about the higher ups signing "non-disclosure" agreements, and there's an atmosphere of dread and secrecy, that's typically a sign that things are going south and they've probably already got a severance package with your name on it.

Vbrick is what happens when you pay a lot of people, a whole lot of money, to produce absolutely nothing. Vbrick is what happens when a small company starts spending like they're Google. Vbrick is what happens when the COO's idea of a productive day is to come in to his cube, yell at people, talk on the phone, and finally hit the golf course. – less
great place to work
Project Manager/Technology Solution Specialist (Former Employee), connecticutJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: enjoyed place work
Cons: company downsized
Worked remotely
Worked with Clients
Monitoring and addressing solutions
Emails
Meetings
Start up Company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTJune 15, 2013
Small start up company, good culture however not much room for career growth.