VCA Animal Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great Start
Veterinary Technician- ER/ICU / Parasite Advisor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 4, 2016
Great place to begin your career! Not much room for advancement! Management is as helpful as they come! Don't regret ever working at any of the VCA's!
Vet-Tech
Registered Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2016
It was very good working with this company around good and intelligent co-workers and only worked for a short period of time.
Fun workplace
Veterinary Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 9, 2016
Typical day at work would be considered crazy, we are super busy and always have something to do. Never will find yourself standing around. Love everyone I work with. The downside would be the fact it's a corporation, so pay isn't the best. Overall it is a great company, they just can improve on some things.
Pros
Staff payed outings
Cons
Short breaks, Long hours.
Love my job
Office Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at work can either be very stressful with us being under staffed or just the running around. I feel like I do manage my time there very well with helping all the other staff do what they need to do. I learned a lot about the medications and what they're for and also how to draw up vaccines and fill prescriptions. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what I'm walking into each day. My co-workers are great, but there are a few that are not team players and that's not a good thing when working in this type of environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the clients and they're pets. They are all just a huge joy to be around, and I love watching the pets grow and being apart of there life.
Cons
Short staffed and inability to work as a team
fun
Pet care attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 19, 2016
It was a great job working with all the animals. The people were very nice to work with and they cared very much for there employees.
Pros
nice people
Cons
short breaks
Loved the animals but......
Animal care attendant (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I have to say this place i thought was going to be my "it" job. I love animals and enjoy taking care of them. This peticular location has very deceiving and selfish people. I was only there for the duration of my probation before i was talked to about my job performance. The management enjoy belittling you and making you feel as guilty as possible so they don't have to carry such a heavy load themselves. They blame you for things you didn't do and make to look like you're an idiot. I truely loved the animals and busted my butt every shift taking care/cleaning/walking them but for some reason none of that counted. Be careful if you ever think about working in this place. You might get your back stabbed like i did. The employees i worked with did just that even though they made the same mistakes i did. (Letting the dogs loose on accident right before walks).
Pros
Good job to keep you busy/potential for job advancement
Cons
Terrible managers/supervisor, back stabbing coworkers, little pay
Animal lovers job
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 19, 2015
If you like animals go for it but if you looking for pay look somewhere else unless you want to be a vet. Some coworkers were great others were not.
Fun
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJune 1, 2015
The co-workers are wonderful. I enjoy working here because I learn knew things every day about animal care and welfare.
Vca
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 16, 2015
Wonderful place to work I was a full time kennel tech for over 4 years and loved every moment of it! Management were so nice and coworkers and bosses all got along really well! I learned my beginning standards of being a vet tech here and was occasionally called upon to help restrain pets or monitor surgeries.
Pros
Hour lunch, coworkers, benefits
fast paced
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 13, 2015
Assisted with medical exams, assisted with sterile surgical procedures; review patient release instructions with client; dispensed medications to clients
Pros
Wonderful clients and pets
Cons
Too fast paced
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Client Service Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 27, 2015
Working with animals daily was a great passion of mine. Enjoyed working with the staff. Saw growth in many of my skills at VCA.
Loved working with animals but it was emotionally draining and a corporate atmosphere.
Asst. Vet Tech/Kennel Attendent (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Felt like a corporate atmosphere. The cost of service was too much for most and I had to watch people make sad decisions about their pets health because they didn't have the money.
wasnt for me
Groomer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2015
i loved working here but managment and coworkers made it very difficult to stay
Vca
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VADecember 12, 2014
Great hospital with great staff and very knowledgeable and experience, caring Doctors!
Kennal Team Lead
Kennel Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 27, 2014
• Answered owner’s questions about pet.
• Fed and medicated pets.
• Charted patient’s food intake and elimination.
• Cleaned kennels and cages.
• Walked pets throughout the day.
• Directed and lead team tasks.
• Toured new customers through facility and daily procedures.
• Bathed and dried dogs.
Pros
getting to bond with the animals, friendly co-workers.
Boring but educating work place
Animal Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2014
educating in the medical field
helpful co workers
not always busy so very boring at times
Pros
free to learn anything
Cons
boring
ER Vet Tech
Veterinary Assistant/Tech (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 19, 2014
very fast paced environment. Being a fast learner is essential to be able to work here. Co-workers are awesome, very trustworthy and caring. Very emotionally tasking job but worth every minute of it. Very willing on helping you improve your skills and the doctors are very willing to help further you in your education.
Veterinary assistant/Kennel
Veterinary assistant/Kennel (Former Employee) –  New MecicoJune 9, 2014
Helping the Vet's with their jobs, Such as IV's, holding animals for procedures, feeding animals, walking dogs and cleaning of the kennels.

This job was both rewarding and sad. I loved working with animals but hated having to force them to get procedures done and dealing with the death side was difficult.

Management was great and always let me do more and the co workers were also great.

Hardest part hands down was restraining animals for procedures, getting bit and dealing with the deaths of animals.

Most enjoyable part was always the animals :)
Pros
animals
Cons
phyically hard, death of animals and getting bit
Interesting and exciting work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2014
Medical knowledge of animals was gained along with the experience of a very high stress, fast paced environment.
Pros
working with animals
Very fun to work with the animals
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2014
Day to day I would Clean the floors feed the animals walk the doors and organize the work areas.

I learned a bit about the types of animals as well as how to hold and handle one that needs a shot or nail trimmings

The management was great it was always clear what they wanted although I didnt like some of the rules when it came to in house animals.

My co-workers were great very nice and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was how often there seemed to be down time during the morning hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job was always being around animals and getting to interact with them daily
Pros
working with animals, free lunches during meetings, great team
Cons
downtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VCA Animal Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.