VCA Animal Hospital Employee Reviews

Animal lovers job
Kennel Technician (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 19, 2015
If you like animals go for it but if you looking for pay look somewhere else unless you want to be a vet. Some coworkers were great others were not.
Fun
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Ringgold, GAJune 1, 2015
The co-workers are wonderful. I enjoy working here because I learn knew things every day about animal care and welfare.
VCA
Kennel Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMay 16, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch, coworkers, benefits
Wonderful place to work I was a full time kennel tech for over 4 years and loved every moment of it! Management were so nice and coworkers and bosses all got along really well! I learned my beginning standards of being a vet tech here and was occasionally called upon to help restrain pets or monitor surgeries.
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Client Service Representative/Technician (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLMarch 27, 2015
Working with animals daily was a great passion of mine. Enjoyed working with the staff. Saw growth in many of my skills at VCA.
Loved working with animals but it was emotionally draining and a corporate atmosphere.
Asst. Vet Tech/Kennel Attendent (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Felt like a corporate atmosphere. The cost of service was too much for most and I had to watch people make sad decisions about their pets health because they didn't have the money.
wasnt for me
Groomer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2015
i loved working here but managment and coworkers made it very difficult to stay
VCA
Receptionist (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VADecember 12, 2014
Great hospital with great staff and very knowledgeable and experience, caring Doctors!
Kennal Team Lead
Kennel Team Lead (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 27, 2014
Pros: getting to bond with the animals, friendly co-workers.
• Answered owner’s questions about pet.
• Fed and medicated pets.
• Charted patient’s food intake and elimination.
• Cleaned kennels and cages.
• Walked pets throughout the day.
• Directed and lead team tasks.
• Toured new customers through facility and daily procedures.
• Bathed and dried dogs.
Boring but educating work place
Animal Kennel Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free to learn anything
Cons: boring
educating in the medical field
helpful co workers
not always busy so very boring at times
ER Vet Tech
Veterinary Assistant/Tech (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 19, 2014
very fast paced environment. Being a fast learner is essential to be able to work here. Co-workers are awesome, very trustworthy and caring. Very emotionally tasking job but worth every minute of it. Very willing on helping you improve your skills and the doctors are very willing to help further you in your education.
Veterinary assistant/Kennel
Veterinary assistant/Kennel (Former Employee), New MecicoJune 9, 2014
Pros: animals
Cons: phyically hard, death of animals and getting bit
Helping the Vet's with their jobs, Such as IV's, holding animals for procedures, feeding animals, walking dogs and cleaning of the kennels.

This job was both rewarding and sad. I loved working with animals but hated having to force them to get procedures done and dealing with the death side was difficult.

Management was great and always let me do more and the co workers were also great.

Hardest part hands down was restraining animals for procedures, getting bit and dealing with the deaths of animals.

Most enjoyable part was always the animals :)
Interesting and exciting work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2014
Pros: working with animals
Medical knowledge of animals was gained along with the experience of a very high stress, fast paced environment.
Very fun to work with the animals
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: working with animals, free lunches during meetings, great team
Cons: downtime
Day to day I would Clean the floors feed the animals walk the doors and organize the work areas.

I learned a bit about the types of animals as well as how to hold and handle one that needs a shot or nail trimmings

The management was great it was always clear what they wanted although I didnt like some of the rules when it came to in house animals.

My co-workers were great very nice and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was how often there seemed to be down time during the morning hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job was always being around animals and getting to interact with them daily
Loved working here!
Receptionist (Former Employee), Albuquerque,NMFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: low pay
This was one of my first jobs. I loved working with the animals and the people. It was fun to come into work and I loved that you can make a difference in peoples day or comfort them when their beloved pets were hurting.
Exciting and high paced work environment
Secretary (Current Employee), Castle Rock, CONovember 16, 2013
Working at VCA Douglas County Animal Hospital is a rewarding career. Our goal is to ensure that your pet gets the best care possible.
Very upbeat crowd, animals everywhere
Boarding (Former Employee), Green, OHOctober 5, 2013
Very fun place to work if your an animal lover. Lots of dogs few cats and the few other pets.
fun place to work
kennel worker (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: once a month the drs. would close at lunch and we would have an emplyee lunch
Cons: the only con was putting the animals down
I love all animals! My co worker was a pleasure to work with. I was able to assist the dog groomer and also able to assist the Dr. in the exam rooms. I learned how to give x-rays to pets. The most difficult part of the job is when a pet had to be put to sleep. The entire job was enjoyable!!
very clean and well managed
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Green, OHJune 2, 2013
GREAT staff
very clean
informative
very busy
er in the evening, clinic in the day
productive busy with fury animals
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee), Monrovia, CAMay 31, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: part /time
Very warm and good feeling around the animals.learned lots of care for our four legged friends. management meet their goals.lots of fun and help for co-workers.hardest part of the job is when a animal would come in real sick ,but the doctors did thee best to make it work sometimes not.enjoyable part of my job was sociallizing with the animals.
very great job with great people
veterinarian assistant (Former Employee), Annandale, VAMarch 7, 2013
i love animals so i love my job.. I enjoyed the long days with the pets and their owners and the awesome doctors