VCC Employee Reviews

management is very unorganized and the staff is disrespectful
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, INJune 7, 2017
schedule was always messed up, staff had no respect for residents or management, coworkers were always late leaving other people to cover resulting in working 16 hour shifts, and coworkers leaving residents uncared for and messes for next shift to clean up.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
unorganized
Long hard work for little advancement
On-Site Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  FieldMay 9, 2017
I worked in the field and saw little to no advancement for anyone who was in the field. Some people in the field had worked an 'entry level position' for 8 years while the people in the same position in the office were promoted in 2-3 years despite the fact the people in the field were doing everything they were and more(due to being on-site).

You were expected to work significant overtime for no additional pay. (10+ hours for most of my time, 20+ for a few months)

I had both very positive and very negative experience with managers. Most that I dealt with were very competent in what they were doing and some were willing to help their employees learn more. Others were incompetent and unprofessional in every way you can imagine. It was the handling of the second group by HQ that drove me away.

The healthcare was good and as a field employee your living expenses were paid which somewhat made up for the overtime.

I imagine it might have been a very different experience if I had been in the office, but I was not.
Pros
Health insurance, living expences
Cons
No advancement
Hard work with over-demanding hours
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2017
Please see resume for review for job description and daily responsibilities.

Management could have been more involved.

Hardest part of the job was poor team management.
Pros
Paid the bills and great benefits.
Cons
Travel
Challenging work environment, consistent bonuses, bad work/life ratio
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 9, 2016
hard working environment, 7 days a week... conduct tool box and safety meetings every morning, coordinate with subcontractors and make sure they are working in accordance with the blueprints and make sure they stay up to date with any owner revisions in the plans. Keep up job site appearance. Work in accordance with OSHA and city laws,codes and regulations.

hardest part of the job is constantly moving states while working long hours/days with no overtime.

most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn so much and obtain vast amounts of job site experience.
Pros
good pay, benefits, promotion potential
Cons
long hours/days, constantly moving
Productive and really fun place to work,
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 27, 2015
Very competitive environment with great co-workers and an awesome office manager to work for. The pay wasn't the greatest and we ended up loosing our job because the owner of the company didn't have his finances in check and we all ended up laid off. My overall rating would be a 2 out of 5
Pros
Games for prizes and longer lunch hours
Cons
No money to cover our payroll
The Life At VCC
Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 20, 2015
VCC is a very high-paced work place. They do offer Health & Dental, after 90 days. However, Just don't have family/child problems. They dont like you taking off for court, or even being sick.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Not Family Oriented, by any means.
Fun place to work. Team environment !
Customer Service / Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WashingtonFebruary 20, 2015
Amazon is a fun filled working environment. Supervisors, managers and co-workers are there to help when need. Amazon is a TEAM working facility.
Drama
CNA (Former Employee) –  Clinton, INSeptember 19, 2014
Everyone is almost related so therefore there is a lot of drama
Cons
drama
It was a good place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  VintonMarch 14, 2014
It was usually pretty busy with keeping the paper work part up to date and taking pics and the internet up to date. Everyone there is really friendly. It was almost like not being at work most of the time.
Pros
free lunch, leave any time that needed to
Cons
no insurance, hours cut
fun job
Vehicle Control Consultant (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityNovember 25, 2013
cooking, cleaning, and having fun with 2 toddlers.... the job was just like home
Pros
just like home but bigger
Cons
the little boys didnt really listen
Project Engineer, Professional
Project Engineer Internship (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 14, 2013
Able to learn behind Head Project Engineers and Managers for major construction projects all over the U.S. Assisted with any help that was needed. Good Experience, just a short intern period.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Nothings
great place to work
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 20, 2013
I would teach the preschoolers the lesson for the day
they would take a nap in afternoon
then i would prepare the snack for them then an afternoon activity for the rest of the day until the parents picked them for the end of the day
Nursing Home
CNA (Current Employee) –  Clinton, INJanuary 24, 2013
Taking care of residents, I have learned alot not only work wise, but alot about life.. I really enjoy taking care of others.. The hardest part of the job is learning how to let go you get so close to the residents that sometimes its very hard to have to say good bye..
Pros
i can work while my kids are at school and be home when they are home.
Cons
alot of work for not enought money.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2012
VCC ,good company, treated with respect at all times. truly enjoyed my 8.5 years ther, advanced my knowledge in all fields
Pros
enjoyable atmosphere, acceptance by all professional staff.
VCC is a very good company to work for.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 26, 2012
I loved working for VCC. I was taught a lot of information that I can use at other companies, They are a first class company.