Vector Media Group is looking for a full-time PHP web developer in the New York City area to join our team immediately. We’re a growing interactive agency of 14 people near Union Square in Manhattan with great clients (like The Associated Press, Nielsen, New York City, St. Regis, and WPP) and an incredible roadmap.
Our development projects are typically built on PHP (the LAMP stack) and are often CodeIgniter-, Laravel-, or ExpressionEngine-based. You don’t need to know those to join our team, as long as you’re experienced with another modern framework (such as CakePHP, Zend, or another MVC- or SOA-oriented system). And given the range of work you’ll be doing you’ll never get bored. We need someone who loves keeping up-to-date on the newest advancements in the field and can figure out when to start applying those advancements to client work.
You’ll be a member of our backend development team, working closely with our other fantastic front-end and backend developers during every phase of your projects. You’ll also be communicating directly with clients and with our project managers to understand their requirements and present your work. Your job will be fun, challenging, and interesting.
You’ll be working on 2-3 projects at any time; typically one large application and a few smaller projects so you don’t get burned out. And you’ll work on the perfect development system: a huge monitor and a new computer of your choice.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience working on PHP-based applications. Knowledge of version control systems is a plus but not a requirement; we use git on all projects.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Implementing and improving websites built on PHP/MySQL-based CMSes and frameworks.
- Working with CSS/HTML layouts and templates. You don’t need to be a designer.
- Working closely with our front-end development team on site projects. We’ll want and expect your input on the best ways to structure the build — from start to finish.
- Building internal products and tools
- Staying up-to-date on the latest development technologies and methodologies.
- Flexible hours and paid vacation policy
- Lunch paid for by the company, every day, via your own Seamless account
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company matching
If you’re interested please apply as soon as possible, attention Matt Weinberg. Examples of your real-world work are more important than a perfect resume. If you worked on a project with a team, please tell us which parts you were responsible for.