Vector Security Inc.

Vector Security Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Commission only
I loved working for Vector security. It is an easy product to sell because of its quality. The only downfall is the commission only pay scale. The commission structure is great but you have to be a really good salesman to make the kind of money you need to.
no strong future in here
Small Business Sales Rep (Current Employee), New JerseyJune 29, 2015
I have been here for a very short period of time and this company is a commission based security company which is not very strong for the future as for pricing. Its like ADT but limited and the things they ask for scare away customers.
n/a
Customer Service/Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), queen nyJune 24, 2015
The job was ok I enjoy it .I like talking to people .I learn how to deal with customer. My co-worker were ok . The hardest part of my day was short breaks . the break should have been at least a hour
Good benefits, nice people, no life
Emergency Dispatcher (Current Employee), Warrendale PAJune 17, 2015
I like Vector for different reasons. The job is not hard but the hours are to long, twelve hour days with tons of over time that is kind of forced onto employees gets to be to much to handle. The management is friendly although there are a couple shady ones in the bunch. There is definitely some favoritism going on in the company. The benefits however are wonderful, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and a pay raise every year if earned.
Vector Security
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJune 12, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: commission
This company really cares for it's employees and has a staff that is easy to acclimate to. While selling the actual product is difficult, the work environment made the work much easier.
Service Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: Short notices on deadlines
Billed 50 jobs on a typical day with minimum supervision and consultations. Management team addressed my professional needs and co-workers were great.
Un professional
Alarm Service Technician/salesman (Former Employee), Garner, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: nice trucks
Cons: not enough hours
The management was very un professional. I leaned a lot but from the senior tech. For the most part it was office workers that caused most of the comficts.
Great National account integration Company
National Accounts Project Manager (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILApril 14, 2015
Enjoyed the lessons learned here, the company culture, and the incredible group of people I had the pleasure to work with everyday.
What is up with this site?
Sr Project Manager (Current Employee), Warrendale PAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Too many to list
Cons: Slackers need not apply
Call me biased as a current employee if you want, but PLEASE take some of the impressively immature rants with a grain of salt. This is a company of 1500+ people who work hard, have a great sense of community, and care deeply about customers and coworkers alike. Are we perfect? Of course not. But there are an incredible number of people who wouldn't work anywhere else. I strongly suggest you find a few of them via LinkedIn and ask why... If you take the time, you'll be glad you did.
Good Company to work for
Service Technician (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 9, 2015
Busy days not much down time. Management is a little high strung. General business Somewhat organized, Support of field personal needs improvement. Very budget driven, middle management Penny wise and pound foolish.
This company and job are a joke SERIOUSLY
Sales (Former Employee), VAJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: not honest people misrepresentation of what job actually is
I replied to a job posting in the paper for this company back in 2009. It was written as if it were a receptionist or office job. So with my skills being in that background I was interested. What a joke that turned out to be. I went in for an interview that was fine, still being put off as an office position. And when I got the call back and got the job, I went to the training, only to find out it was a sales job. I was like.. really? That's how you are doing business. I stayed for the first half of the training just to see what it was like and myself and several SEVERAL others walked out during the first break. They genuinely had no issue with the fact they misrepresented this job position and title. Do not waste your time. Seriously, if you need a job do NOT waste your time with this company it's not worth it. Not honest people at all.
freindly palce to work
Security systems specialist (Current Employee), wilkes-barre, pa 18224January 4, 2015
Pros: paid time off and sick time
Cons: could make better salary
working for vector security i have learned many new things with alarm systems. a typical day if taking incoming calls from customers who need help with the accounts or alarm panels. i enjoy the friendly atmosphere of my work place and the caring management.
Fun Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Gainesville, VAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: down times to get other work done
Cons: late hours
Night shift is very stress free, time flies during busy hours.
long days, face pased
Alarm Dispatcher (Current Employee), Warrendale, PADecember 1, 2014
long days worked 12+ hours . Low pay for amount of work required. no advancement options
good work place
Service Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 4, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
job was always fun to come to and work due to the way all the employees and management treated one another and it was a easy going work place.
Long hours of repetitive work
Lead Operator/Service Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches from time to time
Cons: short breaks, long hours
Long hours of processing alarms and receiving calls. Shift storages lead to being called into work. High turnover rate. Good camaraderie among team members. High pressure atmosphere.
Can you hear that door opening and closing?
Dispatch Center supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: 3 stooges management team
Cons: pretty much everything
I worked there for a little over 5 years. I was a supervisor for the last 3 years. I had to chuckle when I read the other recent negative reviews. They could have easily been written by any employee, past or present. I am very sorry for those of you that had to deal with that low class management team or the uppity "supervisors" as they call themselves. They really are entertaining. I was on to all of their underhanded tricks so they fired me and allowed me to collect unemployment. That was the best thing that they ever did now that I look back. That place was very stressful and full of lazy degenerates that got rewarded for their overall lack of productivity. I remember I tried to write up some guy because I caught him eating someone elses lunch in the breakroom. Management just happened to like this guy a bunch because he had been there like 20+ years and he did whatever they wanted. They told me that him eating someone's lunch was NOT considered stealing and that I could not write him up for that. I should have headed for the door right there and then. I myself was written up by management for not coming into work(was not even on call) on my day off during the blizzard in early 2010. The working supervisor for that Saturday called off, but was not written up because he was a favorite, or more a loyal, brainless drone that they adored. This was mind boggling to me. I don't think that they will go out of business though. They have a fair amount of stooges and it's really a revolving door job that anyone can be trained to do.
Daily Functions
Dispatch Operator (Current Employee), Warrendale, PAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: 12 hour shifts overnight. in appropriate behavior that was non business like
Process and dispatch the appropriate emergency response unit.
McDonalds Would Be Better
Central Station Operator (Former Employee), Warrendale, PAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
If you're like to be taken advantage of and treated like a child, then this is the job for you. The lies start from the moment you apply to be an "alarm dispatcher." This position is a glorified customer service rep. Beware, the lies don't stop there. Vector has a severe staffing issue, not to mention a good portion of the staff they do have are completely incompetent. What do they expect, no ones jumping at the opportunity for low pay, twelve hour shifts, constantly being on call, and being degraded by customers and MANAGEMENT. Vector has had a few decent employees, but don't worry, they screwed that up too. Vector has a three person upper management team that is pure comedy. It's even funnier when they try and process alarms. It's a wonderful system where they berate you for your performance on a job they can't do themselves. The ignorance of management is incredible. Management enjoys taking advantage of people so much they even created a fake title for it, "acting supervisor." This position allows you to help with supervisor work, while continuing to receive the same ridiculously low amount of pay. It's a relatively easy title to get. They have been known to hand it out to the most incompetent of people, they really like their own kind. In the end, the screw over the staff worth having and do a good job securing the people who have no future. It's a relatively smart move on their part. They know the people who work hard are going to leave them anyway, so why not screw them over first. In addition to being the worst place to work, I wouldn't recommend using them as a security – more... company either. Response times are ridiculously low due to a lack of staff, and the majority of the staff they do have being illiterate. I'm sure the company will soon go under, after all, what's an alarm company without people to monitor the alarms. Vector's only saving grace would be to fire the three members of upper management immediately. You can't expect to have a competent staff without having competent management. – less
A Taste of being a patrol police officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Hamlin, PASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches, you own boss threough the shift, meet new people everyday
Cons: if your relief did not show you would have to stay until someone shows up, not much useable sources
On a my set job site, each day consisted of driving through a Private community and being alert of any suspicious activity, ensuring all homes were kept well, monitor speed limits throughout community. I learned how to look out for any suspicious activity from the job. My co-workers were very well aware of what they had to do each day and were very friendly.

1 2 3

About Vector Security Inc.

For more than 40 years, Vector Security® has protected people and property by providing intelligent security solutions tailored – Read more

Vector Security Inc. Salaries