Vector Security Inc.

Vector Security Inc. Employer Reviews

safe and well being work enviroment . Advanced opportunitys to grow with .
Security Officer (Former Employee), Hamlin, PASeptember 11, 2014
typical day at work is logging and monitoring traffic in and out of premises and logging guest in . observation on all areas assigned to.
I learned to read gages and know what to look for on a chemical spill and what to do and where to go to report an emergency and respond to Alarms and activate and deactivate .
hardest part of the job is relief officer – more... not showing up for duty. Most enjoyable part was seeing a guard fulfill there work obligations to the client and take action with no delay . – less
Stressful environment with minimal compensation.
Central Station (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: health benefits, 401k, as much over time as you want to work
Cons: mandatory on call, 12 hour shifts, constantly called on days off to pick up time, poor pay when compared to stress/expectations of job
Central Station - Pittsburgh

Hands down one of the worst jobs I've ever had. You're not and employee, you're just a body filling a seat. You're taken for granted and treated like an incompetent child by a laughable, self important upper management staff, most of which could not actually function/handle everything a 12 hour shift in this department – more... entails. – less
Productive and fun working in Collections
Billing and Collections Coordinator (Former Employee), Geneva, OHJuly 25, 2014
I had fun while doing my job in Collections. I learned to be more sympathetic and empathetic to customers. That enabled me to do my job more proficiently.
misunderstood the definition of "PROFESSIONCY"
DVR Technician (Former Employee), VirginiaJune 21, 2014
POOR MANAGMENT SKILLS
This is a big one "NOT EXCEPTING THEIR MISTAKES"
all they know is YOUR WORNG AND WE ARE RIGHT
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT they bought you your sold to them in BAD WAY...
Me as new employee working there...LEARNED HOW CAN I BE THE BEST MYSELF FROM THERE CURROPTION THAT IS GOING ON THERE MANAGEMENT WORLD. BY ME DOING THE RIGHT THING...

BOTTOM – more... LINE IS I HAVE WORKED IN MANY DIFFERENT COMPANIES IN MY ENTIRE CAREER. I NEVER ECOUNTERED THIS KIND OF POOR IMPROFESSION, CORRUPTED MANAGMENT IN MY ENTRIE WORK EXPERIANCE IN UNITED STATES... – less
Not a great call center
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wilkes Barre, PAJune 15, 2014
Company has no support for working parents and does not motivate employees.
Productive workplace, fast pace, stay busy
Admin Support II (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMay 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches on certain holidays, room for advancement, health benefits
Cons: management and how some employees act
A typical day at work was that I came in to do my work, met all deadlines. I have learned the security trade while working for Vector Security. Management tends to favor some employees over the others. Most co-workers were very pleasurable to work with. The hardest part of my job, was completing all paperwork at end of month by a specific day and time – more... and the most enjoyable part of the job was the picnics, parties, birthdays, etc... – less
A great place to work!
Compliance Clerk (Former Employee), Warrendale, PAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria area
Cons: can't think of any!
Everyone at Vector was very nice and helpful. I enjoyed my experience with not only my job, but interacting with a diverse group of people of on a daily basis.
Vector Security
Tech./Lead Tech./Training Tech./Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: positive feedback and freedom to grow.
Cons: salary not competitive in the industry.
I came into the this position as an entry level technician and was able to gain experience trouble shooting many different products and security platforms. Management had a very hands on approach and were always there to assist. The most difficult part of the job was my initial lack of experience. The best part of the job was making progress and getting – more... recognition for performance milestones. – less
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2013
Management is great and company is as well. Pay seems to be a little unbalnced. Slaes people and management gets paid fairly well, but the office staff does not.
Great experience
Security Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: crowded marketplace
Enjoyed the people and learning the latest technology in home automation and security.
Productive Company, Difficult to communicate with upper Management
Field Services Manager (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 28, 2013
Although I enjoyed my time in Management at Vector, it was very difficult to communicate with upper management.
Decent first job
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMay 28, 2013
Pros: easy job
Cons: commute
Decent first job, long communte for interview unless you are sure you are being hired the same day
Large Company with Small Company Values
General Manager (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 8, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay, ethics
After spending nearly 11 years out of the industry after working 6 years in the industry at all levels of the former organization, I thouroghly researched Vector Security, it's management & principles before committing my families financial security by accepting a position here in Tallahassee, FL as the general manager.
Since returning to the industry – more... in August 2012, I have been pleasantly suprised to learn even more about the president of the company, my superiors and my teams values, commitment to the families we protect and their work ethic.
I'm proud to work with a company that treats their clients, employees and vendors with a high level of respect. – less
good co workers
installation technician (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: small co
Cons: communacation
very famaly based,ladback work envoroment
good times ,wored well with coworkers
Work friendly enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2012
Pros: plenty of work hours.
Cons: travel
I liked working at vector they gave me a great opportunity to advance in the field of security.
Nice people, good company, great benefits, holds business to high standards.
Customer Service Technician Lead Dispatch (Former Employee), 2604 North Parham Road Ste 500 Henrico Va 23294September 2, 2012
Pros: free lunches lots of avtivities
Cons: lots of high stress situations
Working as a Customer service rep, I provided much needed help over the phone with security systems and their operations. There was allot of troubleshooting on a daily basis. I learned many new ways to use security systems and camera systems and many techniques of sales to new clients. Co-workers were wonderful. Loved all 6 years of employment.
Solitary work
Guard (Former Employee), Hamlin, PAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: not much
Cons: everything
I was responsible for locking up the pride mobility corporate building at night.
Suck
Service Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 4, 2012
They suck, and dont give raises and expect people to just live with it. No room for advancement stay away
Very positive atmosphere
Data Entry/Dispatch Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 27, 2012
Pros: very positive atmosphere
Cons: had to leave personal family issues
Very fun place to work. Management really showed you they appreciated your work. Always had some type of incentative if you picked up extra hours, stayed over late and for coming in on your off day. Co-workers were very friendly and any personal problems in you personal life they were very sensative to your issues. Hardest part for me was I had to leave – more... after my husband died because my children were young. – less
Good learning Exprerince
Electrician (Former Employee), Joshua, TXJune 18, 2012
I Helped my uncle for one year helping and learning to put in fire and burg security for Wal-Mart, Home Depots and Lowe's stores i have pulled wire and put up and bent conduit.

About Vector Security Inc.

For more than 40 years, Vector Security® has protected people and property by providing intelligent security solutions tailored – Read more