Vector Security Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 30, 2016
Supervisors and management are a joke. They want your whole life to revolve around this place. Raises? Don't even ask they will give you a whole 12 cents. Understaffed. Just awful.
Dont go here if you are black
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2016
This place is the worst they are racist and unprofessional I got let go on my first day never got on the call center floor I believe it was because I was a black female I would not recommend nobody to this place
productive work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 9, 2016
vector security is not a bad work place. it is a small business and everyone knows everyone. I would work there again. I personally kept my work at work and my personal life to myself as the coworkers mixed the two. that would be the only downfall
Wonderful people, stressful job, Long Long hours
Station Operator (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PA 15086June 4, 2016
12 hour days, 4-7 days a week, monitoring alarms for customers all over the US. The hours were the killer, as 12 hour days for (potentially) weeks on end is hard to keep up.

More than anything, the time devoted to the job meant you had no other life. I left this job do to exhaustion. I was falling asleep behind the wheel to and from work.
Pros
Great people, Wonderful management, In depth training
Cons
Long hours, Perfection in every task a minimum standard
Fun outgoing position with alot of freedom
Business Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 31, 2016
Like the job
Like the people
Don't like the pay
Fun working with the technology in the security field
Good meetings
Fun work events
job life
Conversion Specialist/Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 17, 2016
This is a call center above all else. Lateral movement is possible. Management varies depending on your position. Benefits are great.
Productive, gained knowledge and experience
Administrative Assistant / SalesForce / Payroll (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2016
Vector Security was the company I learned the most from. For that I will always be grateful. I gained knowledge and experience in the Alarm business. I learned to use software to monitor alarms the same way a dispatch operator would. I mastered customer service skills. Most customer who called were angry because their alarms were going off and it would be stressful for them. I learned to calm them down and help them with technical issues over the phone. I did like working for this company but unfortunately the company was sold in early 2016.
Pros
No micromanaging, trust from managers.
Cons
Company sold
Great Company
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 18, 2016
Great company to work for, very good work and life balance. The people are really nice and it is a very great environment. The only thing is that the only really way to get into the company is to go though a recruiting company
Productive Work Place
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 7, 2016
Company is great, benefits are great. The company truly provides for its clients. It is just difficult for people to grow with in the company.
Cons
I need more room to grow.
adveserial work envirnment
Service Technician Security/Fire Systems (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 29, 2015
Vector was not a good place to work. to many employees left. The supervisors were critical and negative. Since I have left, I have learned that most of the service techs. have lefy the company and moved on to other jobs too.
Pros
Working alone and unsupervised. Daylight shift
Cons
Poor managment and the company was in risk of bankrupsy.
Great stuff great sites
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2015
My review is short and simple this company showed me different sites and taught me great professionalism. through the years working with this company I've learned how to provide customer service and work as a team to accomplish the companies goals.
Pros
varity of work locations.
Cons
minimum wages.
Supervisor was over bearing and obnoxious and Rude
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 11, 2015
I have never in my whole career met such a rude, and demeaning to employees. I saw well paid, skilled employees walk out half in tears due to the onslaught of attitude from this supervisor. She got her management skills while in the army running a motor pool and thinks that army style belongs in private industry. After working 12 hours a day 6 days a week she's all wired. She will actually yell at you and slam things around. What's worse is if you complain to the branch manager he says that's her management style and she's the boss.

The incoming call volume is very high due to repeat calls from the same customers complaining about bad service mostly missed service calls because the scheduling is revised by the supervisor and she'll drop a few here and there from the schedule. The snow birds are difficult but that's all part of the job the problem is getting a Service Tech rescheduled because their either overbooked or under booked and went home because they get paid by the install and not hourly.

My coworkers in the office were good except for 2 permanent fixtures which made the job difficult. The hardest part of the job was putting up with the supervisors attitude and having to take ownership for the problems left behind by your predecessor that walked out on the job.

If you're offered a job in the customer service department pass it up, the rest of the company seems fine.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Terrible management
Productive call center
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 30, 2015
Took inbound calls daily from customers concerning their alarm systems. These accounts were both residential and commercial. Customers would call in to make payments, schedule service or need basic tech support.
limited system support for tax compliance
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PANovember 6, 2015
software systems had limited to no sales and use tax support functions which was problematic for a company of that size

Seemed to be limited interest in working to improve compliance issues which put tax department personnel in a bind situation
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
lack of system support - tax compliance
Vector Security
Data Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VANovember 3, 2015
It is a great work environment. They are all about numbers. They do give out great incentives. It has great job security. However they do go against their word and don't commit to their word.
Pros
buy-in lunches. 401 K, and healthcare
Cons
micro-managed, don't keep their word, and pay
Great People But Horrible Times
Employee/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beaver, WVNovember 3, 2015
I worked 6pm to 3am every day. EVen if i requested off it was denied or my job was threatned. I worked Commission and it was horrible. The boss was very mean and unorganized.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Terrible Hours and Dissrespect
Corporate micro management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PAOctober 6, 2015
Too much time is wasted on corporate mandated "training". There could be meaningful and useful training using the demonstration room that is set up, but never used. Training and learning are always done on the job site,( baptism by fire) which is not effective.

Management is not concerned about individual improvement and management does very poor support on the jobsite level. Too many times engineering and design fall on the technician, using up install and bid hours. Too many times techs arrive on job with no prints or direction. Too many times techs arrive at job and customer has not been contacted in advance, making them upset.

The on call system is terrible. Techs rotate daily and mostly answer customer service type questions at all hours... panels beeping, low battery signals, etc. They do not have a customer service dept that would field these questions.

My co workers are the only good thing about the place. There is a solid bunch of techs that help each other whenever needed. Guys answer their phones after hours to give you some help while on call.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
poor manager support in all departments
Great Company
Senior Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VASeptember 28, 2015
Great people that are always willing to help and mentor, but limited opportunity for growth. Job is challenging but keeps me on my toes.
Pros
Great people
Cons
limited opportunity for growth
People are nice and helpful but long day sitting on the phone all day
Customer Service Monitoring Center (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 24, 2015
Nice place to work for if you like call centers, laid back feeling but in control for a monitoring station. Co workers are nice but not a lot if interaction since they are on the phone all day. Management is lai back and does not bother you very often. Hardest part is sitting for 8 or 12 hours on a phone
Coordinating projects to ensure a timely and quality installation
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 24, 2015
Vector Security has grown as a company since I started in 2007. I have grown both personally and professionally while I have been at Vector. The work environment is stressful however management is focused towards alleviating unnecessary stress when possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning something new on a daily basis and working in a fast-paced environment.

2.8