VECTOR Security

VECTOR Security Employer Reviews

Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2013
Management is great and company is as well. Pay seems to be a little unbalnced. Slaes people and management gets paid fairly well, but the office staff does not.
Great experience
Security Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: crowded marketplace
Enjoyed the people and learning the latest technology in home automation and security.
Productive Company, Difficult to communicate with upper Management
Field Services Manager (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 28, 2013
Although I enjoyed my time in Management at Vector, it was very difficult to communicate with upper management.
Decent first job
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMay 28, 2013
Pros: easy job
Cons: commute
Decent first job, long communte for interview unless you are sure you are being hired the same day
Large Company with Small Company Values
General Manager (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 8, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay, ethics
After spending nearly 11 years out of the industry after working 6 years in the industry at all levels of the former organization, I thouroghly researched Vector Security, it's management & principles before committing my families financial security by accepting a position here in Tallahassee, FL as the general manager.
Since returning to the industry – more... in August 2012, I have been pleasantly suprised to learn even more about the president of the company, my superiors and my teams values, commitment to the families we protect and their work ethic.
I'm proud to work with a company that treats their clients, employees and vendors with a high level of respect. – less
Beware
NA (Former Employee), NAFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: insurance, awards
Cons: management, job
unqualified managers, no communication, old buildings,etc.
Work friendly enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2012
Pros: plenty of work hours.
Cons: travel
I liked working at vector they gave me a great opportunity to advance in the field of security.
Nice people, good company, great benefits, holds business to high standards.
Customer Service Technician Lead Dispatch (Former Employee), 2604 North Parham Road Ste 500 Henrico Va 23294September 2, 2012
Pros: free lunches lots of avtivities
Cons: lots of high stress situations
Working as a Customer service rep, I provided much needed help over the phone with security systems and their operations. There was allot of troubleshooting on a daily basis. I learned many new ways to use security systems and camera systems and many techniques of sales to new clients. Co-workers were wonderful. Loved all 6 years of employment.
Solitary work
Guard (Former Employee), Hamlin, PAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: not much
Cons: everything
I was responsible for locking up the pride mobility corporate building at night.
Suck
Service Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 4, 2012
They suck, and dont give raises and expect people to just live with it. No room for advancement stay away
Very positive atmosphere
Data Entry/Dispatch Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 27, 2012
Pros: very positive atmosphere
Cons: had to leave personal family issues
Very fun place to work. Management really showed you they appreciated your work. Always had some type of incentative if you picked up extra hours, stayed over late and for coming in on your off day. Co-workers were very friendly and any personal problems in you personal life they were very sensative to your issues. Hardest part for me was I had to leave – more... after my husband died because my children were young. – less
Good learning Exprerince
Electrician (Former Employee), Joshua, TXJune 18, 2012
I Helped my uncle for one year helping and learning to put in fire and burg security for Wal-Mart, Home Depots and Lowe's stores i have pulled wire and put up and bent conduit.
Awesome place to work. Excellent training and cross training. Thought of excellent customer service as a culture.
Day Shift Central Station Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 8, 2012
Pros: benefits, 401k, extensive training, closeness of workers
Cons: n/a
Typical day was working from 7am-7pm. There was always a full day of reports,meetings,customer interactions, team members concerns and support. I learned how to be a team player. I learned that the group is only as good as the leader which made me want to be an example of excellence. My teammates (co-workers) were a supportive family. The hardest part – more... of the job was training someone else to take my place. The most enjoyable part was when someone came to me and said thank you for all that you do. – less
Great deal of independance working has the only security guard on the job site
security guard (Former Employee), bel air,md perry hall,mdJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: a very good work schedule, recieved awards when recognized for good work
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Nice managers,cowokers,and customers to work with .A job
enviorment to work at I had fairly got compensated for when working extra hard,and working overtime.