Vectren Employee Reviews in United States

Very screwed up management at Culley Station.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newburgh 5 IndianaApril 14, 2015
Watched a coworker get fired for something he had no part of. Worst management of any facility I have ever been at. Terrible place to work. Maintenance and production manager have no backbone and will not make a decision regarding ANYTHING
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Where do I start
Operations Assistant
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 21, 2013
I had the best supervisor, who was the Operations Supervisor for the area. He had hired me previously for another area, when he was the Operations Supervisor there. He was great to work for. He wanted you to "own" the job, and I did. He was an exceptional manager. However, Vectren created a new job for an Operations Assistants supervisor, and everything changed. The new supervisor was a micro-manager and expected 100% loyalty overnight. That would have been fine, except she expected me to throw my old supervisor under the bus, which I would not do. All the good work I did was not acknowledged and any extra work I did was ignored by her. All overtime was canceled, which substantially increased my workload. This new supervisor was unbelievable. Her managers ignored any complaints about her, as she was of a different race working in a "boy's club" atmosphere. I was a contract employee, and she did not extend my contract. I loved working there until she was promoted. And I am not the only person who did not like her, either. Vectren tends to hide their head in the sand when things get a little rough and they don't want to handle it, which is too bad. Overall, Vectren is a great place to work for and I wish I was still working there.
Pros
great supervisor
Cons
new supervisor was a nightmare to work for
Professional Corporate Environment
Manager , Energy Delivery Support Services (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 5, 2012
A professional corporate environment with many options for employees. Nice benefits and employee programs. Interesting work and great people who work for the company.
Pros
health benefits, great co-workers, employee development programs, diverse work staff
Cons
vision benefit, very lean staffing in most areas, limited opportunity at middle management level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vectren. Our community is ready to answer.