Vectren Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work environment
Credit & Risk Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 22, 2016
I would rather not comment with my opinion regarding this position. It was an extremely stressful work environment. I learned that this particular type of work environment did not suit me. The most enjoyable part of the job involved my co-workers.
Engaging and friendly work environment
Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 30, 2015
I start my workday at 7:00 am. I begin by reviewing the progress made from the previous day. From there I perform any analysis that needs to be done and compare it to my prior findings. Once I have made good progress I collaborate with fellow colleagues and management on what has been done and where we need to go. I have learned to effectively communicate through personnel interactions as well as technical reports. I have improved my abilities in Microsoft Excel and analytical problem solving skills. I listen and learn from more experienced professionals and do what management asks of me in a timely and efficient manner. My co-workers are friendly, helpful, and considerate. The hardest part of my job is performing in depth analyses on different fields with very limited data. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the people and the varying challenges from day to day.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly staff, flexible work hours, decent pay.
Cons
It can be difficult to convince management to approve recommendations and requests.
Very screwed up management at Culley Station.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newburgh 5 IndianaApril 14, 2015
Watched a coworker get fired for something he had no part of. Worst management of any facility I have ever been at. Terrible place to work. Maintenance and production manager have no backbone and will not make a decision regarding ANYTHING
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Where do I start
Professional Corporate Environment
Manager , Energy Delivery Support Services (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 5, 2012
A professional corporate environment with many options for employees. Nice benefits and employee programs. Interesting work and great people who work for the company.
Pros
health benefits, great co-workers, employee development programs, diverse work staff
Cons
vision benefit, very lean staffing in most areas, limited opportunity at middle management level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vectren. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2