VEGAS.com Employee Reviews

Great Perks
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2016
This was the best job I had all the free show tickets and tours and commission made up for the not so great hourly. The overall experience from working in various properties and meeting new people all while exploring the city in a different way.
Pros
freebies
Cons
constant schedule changes and slow commission months
Travel and Vacation Specialist
Travel And Show Consultant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 22, 2016
I truly adored working and speaking with so many people from different countries, and states. I am honored to be a Resident and spoke fondly of the City to which I reside in Las Vegas, Nv and ALL THAT WE HAVE TO OFFER~ I enjoyed exciting the Client, and preparing them with the eagerness of coming into Town, and highlighting their EXCITMENT and ANTICIPATION of their Vacation
Fun Place To Be
Travel Specialist/ Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2015
Work is really awesome here, and fun. I enjoy coming to work and making life easy for customers who has never been to Vegas, and that makes me feel good inside as if i made a difference.
Fun place to work
Software Dev (Current Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 6, 2015
Pay is good, benefits are comparable to what I had in the past.

The company treats us well. The employee relations people are good about making the place enjoyable.

Overall good work life balance. They understand that we actually have lives outside of the office.
Pros
Fruit, time off and holidays, cake
Cons
office can get warm if air isnt working properly
Nice place to work.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  corporateApril 2, 2015
The company strives to make us happy. They have really good company events. What company lets their staff go the movies during the day or have peanut butter banana cake on Elvis's birthday? Seems like we have something nice done for us every week.

The company also really understands work-life balance.
Pros
Relaxed culture, casual attire, events.
Cons
Overall communication, not a LEED certified building
The atmosphere is a little tougher now
Employee (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 13, 2014
Several years ago, Vegas.com was a tight-knit family. Currently its a bit more like walking on eggshells. Lots of layoffs in recent years. But if you do your job and do it well, impress your managers and take initiative with a smile, you should be fine. HR is typical, they do what they have to do and not much more than that. Lots of office politics which is somewhat expected, but not much being done about those who don't do the right thing for the company. I'd give 3 1/2 stars if it were possible.
Pros
Free coffee, ice machine, water, tea and fruit some days.
Cons
The health plan, depending on one of two chosen, is sketchy. Beware.
All online travel business should strive to be like VEGAS.com
Travel Specialist and Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 12, 2014
A typical day as a Sales and Customer Support Travel Specialist includes fielding multitudes of different call types from people all around the globe regarding travel to my home city of Las Vegas, NV. An example of interactions I've had might include basic itinerary recapping and resending of confirmation information, directly selling customers specific products relating to entertainment or daily activities, as well as fielding questions regarding unique Las Vegas features and activities for future sales.

Direct call center management was quite effective at keeping the calls coming in, keeping quality people on the job, and arranging for new products to sell and support.

The most challenging part of the job was maintaining a positive attitude in the face of adverse customer service situations. There were multiple times where people would expect amazing deals last minute during holiday weekends or special events, and when the deals and sales just did not exist we (as customer service representatives) took the brunt of the less than pleased customers.

Beyond the challenges presented above this company has one fantastic perk; you get to try out most of the products at one time or another. This would include shows, local events/tours, as well as discounted/free hotel stays and dining experiences. The benefits clearly outweigh the challenges.
Pros
Free show tickets, free local tours, a very fun working atmosphere within the office itself, and excellent working relationships with local partner companies
Cons
Strict call center based metrics, less than useful health insurance
Fun Work Culture
Customer Service / Sales & Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2014
In the 9+ years i worked for this company I learned a lot about Las Vegas. I became proficient in booking air and hotel packages, hotel rooms, show tickets and tours all around the city where I live.
good company
Concierge/Box office (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2014
A lot of new learning experiences, learn a lot about Vegas.
They just didn't care so much about the employees.
Ok place to work
Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 2, 2014
They only gave a three day notice when it was time to be laid off so it was a unsatisfying situation
Decent place to work, lots of comps and good people there.
Service Desk Technician / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 8, 2013
Not a bad place to work for, but they do not really have promote people there much.
Pros
free show tickets, and lots of comps.
Cons
not a lot of room to advance.
Work hard, play hard. Lots of great co-workers, partnerships, and perks; there is opportunity for learning new things.
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 26, 2012
In the midst of meetings and conference calls and getting the work done, there's most always a chance of celebrity visits or activity to add a little spice to the workday. The best part of the job is working with such a talented group of professionals.
Good Company
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson NVDecember 14, 2012
Being in accounting a typical day comes quickly follows with repetitive procedures but feeling a sense of accomplishment everyday. Lucky to have been one of the people to see Vegas.com evolve. Lots of good people have come and gone. Many worked together to create what it is today. Hardest part of the job was to keep up with the volume.The most enjoyable part of the company is the people.
Pros
fun place .. clients .. people ...
Cons
not enough ... hours in the days to keep up with it all.
Vegas.com
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 21, 2012
A typical day is busy from start to finish. I run several meetings daily with team members and external partners.
This is a fast paced environment filled with lots of passionate people looking to do their best effort to complete their tasks.
I have a strong management structure that is very supportive in all areas.
Pros
crazy halloween party every year and lots of comps to local shows and experiences
Cons
challenging economy has impacted growth opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VEGAS.com. Our community is ready to answer.

VEGAS.com Reviews by Location