Veggie Grill Employee Reviews

Great workplace, amazing experience, vegan food !
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2017
This was one of the best work related experiences I obtained, veggie grill is a great company to grow with. Management was awesome and I learned a lot about customer service as well as leadership skills.
Pros
Free lunch
clean
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 16, 2017
great customers and great management is a busy store which is always good and high volume makes the day go back quit and you never have the feeling of ughh you have to go to work
management is learning the ropes to this new business
Server. Host. Buster. Dishwasher. Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 27, 2016
It is fun meeting all the people that try there hardest to manage veggie grill, but being understaffed was always a big issue. Casual dinning expects you to do so much.
Growing fast
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2016
This company is solid and invests a lot into it's growth. The only hard thing that makes the job hard is the constant turn over of staff and being micromanaged from the home office.
Pros
Excellent job culture and benefits
Cons
tedious and annoying redundant procedures
Fun family friendly Vegan Restaurant
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJune 11, 2016
Veggie Grill is an amazing family friendly restaurant that serves 100% Vegan cuisine. The food is hearty and healthy and I love that the menu changes seasonally.
Wasn't a good job for me
busser, dish, prep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 2, 2016
It was busy all mornings which is good cause time went by quickly. I learned how to work at a really fast paced environment. Learned how to think quicker on my feet. Management was kinda a mess. They didn't know what they were doing for the most part. kept messing up my schedule. Always complaining and making fun of others. Coworkers were ok. A lot didnt talk to me cause i dont spean Spanish. The hardest part of the job was working 6 days a week every week.The most enjoyable part was when i was able to interact with customers.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
6 day work weeks
One of the WORST decisions of my life.
Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2015
Where to begin? This company prides itself on being innovative, cutting edge, hip and courteous and it couldn't be ANYTHING further. The management is constantly confused and no one knows what's going on. The company's unofficial policy is "treat all employees as disposable and replaceable." It was a common occurrence that our manager leave gaping holes in the schedule, knowing well our busy periods, and the understaffing would obviously lead to complaints from guests and horrible yelp reviews, which the company swore by. I had seen NUMEROUS employees, both good and bad be terminated mercilessly because of some uninformed simpleton on YELP. The company as a whole was far too concerned with what others thought of them, as opposed to the wellbeing and working conditions of their employees. The ironic thing is that they make you call your coworkers team members but there is no team work going on at the VG. The higher ups and founders drift about their lives turning a blind eye to the unskilled and selfish people they put in control of their stores, and don't even reward you for waiting on them hand and foot, almost every day! If you want to sign up to be the free servant to a founder, and prepare intricate, custom, to-go orders for their families and friends, which they commonly and routinely place at peak volume hours, while their understaffed employees are trying to support the building from caving in with their very arms, then THIS is the job for you. I know minimum wage is a heated issue in our country at the moment, especially with regard to fast food employees.   more... It's this very experience that has made me EXCEPTIONALLY empathetic and understanding of why that is a good idea. Do yourself a favor and don't even put on the orange apron.  less
Pros
You could get a free lemonade if you were working?
Cons
Everything, from pant-based top to plant-based bottom.
not a very good place to work.
Hostess/Cashier/Busser (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 4, 2015
The management is really confusing, and they don't really know what is going on. The scheduling was never done very well. I didn't like working there at all. My co-workers were all VERY kind. I learned time management, and communication skills while working there. The hardest part of my job was not knowing when I would work never sometimes, so the manager would text me the night before when he got the schedule done to tell me my hours for the next few days. The most enjoyable part of Veggie Grill was the customers, hands down. They made the job worth keeping!
Pros
free food testers for new items, company training
Cons
poorly managed
sucked
Food Expediter (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 8, 2014
my boss sucked. other than that it was fun sometimes. would be nice if they paid more. free food was a big plus. flexible schedule. it is what it is. if you apply yourself and work smart, you can make some good money.
Great fast paced environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CaJanuary 19, 2014
I love working for the veggie grill, Being in a fast paced environment and serving healthy hearty food for everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all my return guests. Recognizing them feels great and makes my guests feel welcomed.
Pros
Free lunch for team members, very courteous to others needs.
Cons
Short breaks.
Productive and fast-paced workplace
Busser (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 20, 2013
I loved working at Veggie Grill for a short time. It was always busy and I was always learning new things. I worked there for about two months before management was changed. I didnt like the new manager much at first but he grew on me and I enjoyed working for him after awhile. The hardest part of the job was leaving I think, I thoroughly enjoyed going to work on my scheduled days. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing a great atmosphere for customers to enjoy great food and music.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
disappointment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  EncinoJune 14, 2013
its a disappointment. I regret applying, bad experience. Sloppy management.
All plant based restaruant
Public relations & community sales management (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 26, 2012
Had a great concept, however the partner that took over the Portland division had much different motives in mind. I did not enjoy working under this unorganized management.
Pros
`
Cons
corrupt management.
Fun and nice atmosphere
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 13, 2012
It's a nice Vegan fast food restaurant. There are about 7 or 8 of them now. It's fun and fast pace but unless you're looking to work with the company for a very long time there isn't much room for advancement and once you advance, the pay increase is minimal. Too my knowledge benefits are not offered until you've really climbed the ladder, unfortunately there's not too far to climb, in my experience. It really is a job for a college or high school student.
Pros
free meal per shift
Cons
short shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veggie Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4