Vein Clinics of America

Vein Clinics of America Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: no weekends or call
Cons: lots of work to do
VCA is great environment to work and I do mean work!! There is always a lot to do but the work isn't particularly hard and the day goes quickly. You have to have the attitude of wanting to jump in and help no matter what and you will find that you will be appreciated and rewarded. The benefits are great and it is a stable company to work for.
Job Experience
Office Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: staff meeting and positive goals and task. contest through out the company for great prizes
Cons: long hours on some days.
My daily routine is to maintain the patients medical records, obtain pre-certification or authorization for upcoming procedure. Educate the patients on their insurance plans and schedule them for treatment.
I've learned to multi-task with more responsiblities, task and learn a new software program. My co-workers are pleasant and we are all on the same – more... view of how to take good care of our patients. We have worked great as a team. The hardest part of this job is the closing of the clinic. Its taken alot of effort and hard work to build a repore with our patients and win over their confidence of care. That is very rewarding. – less
Run don't Walk
Medical Liasion (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2013
Poor Management/Poor corporate Management/Out of touch with the "real world" with regards to what is possible.
Poor product training
Fast and stressful
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 30, 2013
Vascular sonographers are the main stay of the clinic. They diagnose, prepare and guide physicians in all procedures. Great learning experience, extremely stressful environment.
Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), north eastJune 11, 2013
Pros: decent pay if you dont lowball yourself.
Cons: no breaks
If you are training in a very busy office, you will not get the best training experience. Doctors always pressuring you to move along faster, getting mad if you're not fast enough on procedures. So my training experience was horrible. I go in there with major anxieties and definitely dont give me a great learning experience. I was kept longer for training – more... supposedly because I needed more training but meanwhile they had me independently working on patients 2 weeks prior to when my training was suppose to end (they wanted to keep me 3-4 weeks after my training period). Found out they were short on staff during that time so I was "forced" to stay. Living out of a hotel and being away from home when not needed really pushed me over the edge and clearly they are out for their own. Drs do care about patients but pressures are pushed down to sonographers to find abnormality in patients. More lasers=more money. I've seen sonographers manipulating studies showing diseased vessels that require lasers but in reality it is perfectly normal. – less
Its ok
Office Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: constantly rescheduling patients and sometimes upper management
Not much to say. Large corporation looking to become less mom and pop and more like an actual company. Its not terrible but company needs improvement... which they are working towards.
Fun place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 17, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: short breaks
A very fast pace, and growing company. With great team memeber.
Nice place to work
RN (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: fun environment with nice staff
Cons: too far away from home
VCA is a great place to work. They work with my schedule as much as possible. Unfortunately it is very far away from home.
I enjoyed helping patients with their varicose veins!
Sonographer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 9, 2012
It was very rewarding helping patients feel better by treating their varicose veins! However, this company lacks fairness and stability!
A Large varicose vein practice that really just cared about the money
Medical Office Manager (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILJuly 29, 2012
Not a very stable or good environment to work in, They
truly did not care about patient satisfaction it was really all a numbers game where everyone was in it for themselves...
Fast paced, team oriented office
Front desk, Collector, Asst to the Manager (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 9, 2012
My typical day would start by taking the patient to the exam room for Vitals and explanation of the medical procedure. then back to my desk to pull charts and prepare for the next days procedures, check insurance authorization were present and secure if not, When the patient procedure was complete I would enter charges, request copay or balances, explain – more... balances, schedule the treatment protocol. Answer phones, balance daily receipts, contact Comercial Insurance Company regarding unpaid claims. Collect medical notes needed for resubmission and resubmit claims for payment.
The Doctor once said this office runs like a well oiled machine. I was proud to be part of that team. – less
I would not recommend
Office Manager (Former Employee), chicagoJune 22, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: micro-managing, always lying to staff, & disrespect for the physicians that work for them
Lots of problems with senior management. The company let senior management bully employees and if you spoke up against them you would be fired. Treated the patient like $$$$ signs always trying to rip off the patient... I do not recommend this company for many reason. They have lost numerous physicians and office staff due to the way they were treated – more... by senior management. Very hostile work environment... lots of backstabbing which was usually started by the senior management. – less
worst job experience ever
sonographer (Former Employee), Trevose, PAJune 5, 2012
Pros: weekends off
Cons: horrid work environment
they like to use people and pressure you to commit fraud so they can make more money, if you dont- you're labeled as a bad employee and "not a team player." A really sad and disappointing experience in my life. A prime example of how to some people/corporations, money is the only thing that matters. People and employees are things.
Fast Paced
AUDITOR/CERTIFICATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILApril 25, 2012
Pros: fast paced
Cons: communication
Leading provider of specialty varicose vein treatment and IGI services with more than 45 clinic locations throughout the country.
• Conducted Insurance/Medical Audits for 45 clinics throughout the United States.
• Performed Insurance verifications and authorizations for surgical procedures.
• Ensured medical compliance with various payers’ medical policies – more... to obtain reimbursement.
• Created educational documents and guidelines for all medical staff regarding procedures and audit preparation. Utilizing knowledge of Medicare guidelines including, but limited to:
o Educating providers/medical staff on appropriate documentation and ICD 9/CPT coding protocols.
o Maintained updates regarding changes and government mandates
o Performed Peer to Peer reviews with Medical directors of various insurance companies and labor groups.
• Transcribed clinical documentation to Nurses/Doctors to prove medical necessity.
• Attached appropriate ICD 9/CPT/MODIFIERS codes to patient’s claims.
• Performed reviews and follow-ups on denied claims.
• Acted as right hand to Biller by processing Direct Data Entry of Medicare claims, billing and coding; transmitted all patient assessments to the State of Illinois via Medicare’s Oasis website.

The employees are great. – less
Central Services Manager (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJanuary 5, 2012
I loved working for Vein Clinics of America and if given the opportunity I would go back to work for them.