Vein Clinics of America

Vein Clinics of America Employee Reviews in United States

Indian (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Just No. No no No No No No No No No

Way to many Chiefs, not enough Indians. The Chiefs have absolutely no idea what they are doing. It's ALL about the money.

Plus the treatments don't work. Scam of a company.
Cons
We'll be here all day.
Good place to meet wonderful patients and spend time to make them feel good about themselves
Nurse Provider (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed my patients and the procedures I did very much. My work was fun. There was the "instant gratification" of seeing the veins disappear and notice the progression of their veins healing.
Pros
Our US techs were always there to work with and we helped each other
Cons
short lunches, difficult to schedule any personal time needed
Working at VCA
Employee (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 21, 2015
I have been an employee of VCA for a few years and really love working with all the different people and departments that make VCA what it is. I think our services provided to patients are superior to our competitors and our physicians are very well liked and good at their jobs.
Pros
Employees are close knit
Cons
Hours are long
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 29, 2015
Responsibilities included ensuring company policies and procedures are understood and implemented by clinic staff to maintain compliance. Managed daily operations of the multimillion dollar Raleigh clinic. Monitored the progress and completion of the patient’s treatment plan as directed by the doctor. Clarified insurance coverage to patients and obtain authorizations for treatment. Conducted weekly meetings, presented company goals, and training needs. Traveled to United States clinics to train managers, provide management coverage, and/or interview perspective employees.
Fast paced and keeps me busy
Clininc Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 16, 2015
Answer inbound calls from new patients wanting to schedule consultations. I answer questions about treatment, insurance and locations. Called online and voicemail inquiries to schedule consultations.
Pros
the pay is good
Cons
not a permanent assignment
All the negative reviews are true....
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2015
Upper management in Houston area are non-existent. Clinics run by people in Dallas, only communicating via email. No good communication between home office and upper management. The only good thing is the job pays well, but the bonuses promised are impossible to hit thanks to the company making up number "goals". It is a very negative environment, everyone is back stabbing. I have never seen such a high turnover rate in any company such as this, whether its someone getting fired or quitting. It's a medical practice but they only want to hire "sales" people, without medical experience. Doesn't make sense.
Pros
Base pay is good
Cons
Unpredictable hours, no local support, no good communication, high turnover rate
Controlled patient load, an hour lunch, and very smooth workflow when employees step up and communicate effecticely
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2015
Typical day would comprise of checking email and job workload and plan the patient flow in the mooring.
preform about 8-10 patient's Ultrasound and Ultrasound guided procedure per day.
Obtain training and ensure quality assurance measures are met with my images.
The most difficult part about the job is lack of communication between fellow employees. Working through finding effective ways is the most enjoyable part, for it give me, as well as everyone in the clinic, the time to utilize their skills and deliver excellent care to the patient.
Pros
An hour break for lunch, incentives to compensate for travel time to clinics.
Cons
Poor communication from management to their employees
Busy Office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJuly 21, 2015
This is a busy office with many patients coming in everyday. The management and staff do well. Working at the company was a good experience. Even though I wasn't there for long I learned a lot. I left the job due the situations with the doctor of the office and don't regret my decision of leaving.
High pressure place without having to do "on call"
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 31, 2015
Very tight schedule to map venous system for insufficiency.
I have learned to measure and recognize perforators
There is variety with laser procedures, injections, and mapping.
The patient contact is enjoyable and challenging at the same time.
Pros
No "on call"
Cons
Daily variety
Numbers driven workplace
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2015
A medical office run like a sales position. Very numbers focused with little concern for delivering excellent healthcare
Pros
Decent compensation with bonus structure
Cons
antagonistic workplace
Great Office Canton CT
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, CTFebruary 5, 2015
I am a current and very happy employee. I work at fast pace environment which makes every day challenging, interesting and stimulating. My co-workers are pleasant and patient oriented individuals. Finally our team is whole and filled with individuals who can keep up with this demanding fast pace.
Pros
great benefits, great learning experience
Cons
not enough space
I would not recommend
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  chicagoJune 22, 2012
Lots of problems with senior management. The company let senior management bully employees and if you spoke up against them you would be fired. Treated the patient like $$$$ signs always trying to rip off the patient... I do not recommend this company for many reason. They have lost numerous physicians and office staff due to the way they were treated by senior management. Very hostile work environment... lots of backstabbing which was usually started by the senior management.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
micro-managing, always lying to staff, & disrespect for the physicians that work for them
Fast paced, team oriented office
Front desk, Collector, Asst to the Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 9, 2012
My typical day would start by taking the patient to the exam room for Vitals and explanation of the medical procedure. then back to my desk to pull charts and prepare for the next days procedures, check insurance authorization were present and secure if not, When the patient procedure was complete I would enter charges, request copay or balances, explain balances, schedule the treatment protocol. Answer phones, balance daily receipts, contact Comercial Insurance Company regarding unpaid claims. Collect medical notes needed for resubmission and resubmit claims for payment.
The Doctor once said this office runs like a well oiled machine. I was proud to be part of that team.
Job Experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaSeptember 4, 2013
My daily routine is to maintain the patients medical records, obtain pre-certification or authorization for upcoming procedure. Educate the patients on their insurance plans and schedule them for treatment.
I've learned to multi-task with more responsiblities, task and learn a new software program. My co-workers are pleasant and we are all on the same view of how to take good care of our patients. We have worked great as a team. The hardest part of this job is the closing of the clinic. Its taken alot of effort and hard work to build a repore with our patients and win over their confidence of care. That is very rewarding.
Pros
staff meeting and positive goals and task. contest through out the company for great prizes
Cons
long hours on some days.
Excellent place to work
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 6, 2014
VCA is great environment to work and I do mean work!! There is always a lot to do but the work isn't particularly hard and the day goes quickly. You have to have the attitude of wanting to jump in and help no matter what and you will find that you will be appreciated and rewarded. The benefits are great and it is a stable company to work for.
Pros
no weekends or call
Cons
lots of work to do
worst job experience ever
sonographer (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJune 5, 2012
they like to use people and pressure you to commit fraud so they can make more money, if you dont- you're labeled as a bad employee and "not a team player." A really sad and disappointing experience in my life. A prime example of how to some people/corporations, money is the only thing that matters. People and employees are things.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
horrid work environment
High Stress
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, CTFebruary 16, 2014
Office Manager very demanding, dishonest and does not set good example to co-workers
Office Manager has very high expectations of all employees impacting everyone's personal lives
Fast-paced with Office Assistant assuming most responsibility
Its ok
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2013
Not much to say. Large corporation looking to become less mom and pop and more like an actual company. Its not terrible but company needs improvement... which they are working towards.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
constantly rescheduling patients and sometimes upper management
A Large varicose vein practice that really just cared about the money
Medical Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 29, 2012
Not a very stable or good environment to work in, They
truly did not care about patient satisfaction it was really all a numbers game where everyone was in it for themselves...
Fast and stressful
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 30, 2013
Vascular sonographers are the main stay of the clinic. They diagnose, prepare and guide physicians in all procedures. Great learning experience, extremely stressful environment.

2.8