VelociTel

VelociTel Employer Reviews

a few good people in the office
Field Project Construction Manager (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 16, 2013
to much drama , but alot of good co-workers you can trust getting the job done.
Going down hill
Site Acquisition Manager (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 30, 2013
Pros: started out well
Cons: new "management" undermined staff morale
Velocitel was a good company at the outset, but upper- and mid-management changes at the Eden Prairie office made the workplace intolerable for anyone with professional/marketable credentials. The office transitioned from a pleasant work environement to one where managers undermined staff morale. The strange part is that the weight on the shoulders – more... isn't realized until one leaves. I have empathy for those good producers still there.

One more point--I saw the best people initially encouraged with increases in salary; BUT this quickly changed after the big contract was grasped. After landing the big contract, the company's corporate "leadership" began forcing the higher paid staff into corners. Some left on their own when undue pressures grew intolerable. Others were let go under scurrilous circumstances. Enter this company with your eyes wide open – less
Hectic negative workplace
Administrativ Assistant / Paralegal (Former Employee), Eden PrairieFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: good people, good pay
Cons: job duties didn't match job description.
My job description did not match job duties. Lease administrator/ paralegal is expected to also courier documents to and from client 3-5 days a week depending on time of year. In addition, this position acts as an administrative assistant to 8 or more site acquisition personnel ( includes offsite contractors). Little training provided on what client – more... expectations were for completing client's legal review form.

There was allot of frustration on managements part in trying to meet clients needs, and allot of swearing. There was also allot of employee turnover.

The company wouldn't spring for cleaning more than twice a week for over 80 people. Garbages were overflowing by 3rd day of no cleaning.

On the plus side, there were some excellent people working there and the pay was good. – less

Joelt – April 30, 2013

Velocitel was a good company at the outset, but upper- and mid-management changes at the Eden Prairie office made the workplace intolerable for anyone with professional/marketable credentials. The office transitioned from a pleasant work environement to one where managers undermined staff morale. The strange part is that the weight on the shoulders isn't realized until one leaves. I have empathy for those good producers still there. One more point--I saw the best people initially encouraged with increases in salary; BUT this quickly changed after the big contract was grasped. After landing the big contract, the company's corporate "leadership" began forcing the higher paid staff into corners. Some left on their own when undue pressures grew intolerable. Others were let go under scurrilous circumstances. Enter this company with your eyes wide open

Hectic negative workplace
Pros: good people, good pay
Cons: job duties didn't match job description.

Extremely Fast Paced Job
Project Coordinator Intern (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 14, 2013
Work day consisted of coordinating job sites to be completed, and contacting all material handlers in order for the jobs to be completed for wireless cellular tower upgrades.

I learned a lot about wireless, and how to handle many different job responsibilities at once.

I was put into a management intern position to assist to progress of the upcoming – more... jobs.

Co-workers were great to deal with, everyone had to work together in order for the jobs to be completed in a timely fashion.

The hardest part of the job was making sure that the job sites were to be done in the scheduled time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to making a difference in the company and that the jobs were getting done on time. Self gratifying experience when a job was completed. – less
Exciting and fast pace work environment
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 24, 2012
Pros: per diem and expenses were always covered
Cons: being away from home months at a time
Working for VelociTel offered a wide variety of opportunities for advancement on a daily basis. I started with them through a staffing agency called Solus Technical Resources and was hired directly on after 5 months. I was sent to San Francisco as a Network Installation and Commissioning Field Technician.

Management was outstanding and I built a great – more... report with all my managers and was constantly requested back in markets I previously worked in.

My co-workers were extremely knowledgeable and provided great support; which was beneficial in getting up to speed on each new project I was deployed too. – less
productive fun work place
Architectural CAD Operator II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 21, 2012
great management.
learned a lot about wireless communication site installations.

About VelociTel

VelociTel speeds up the delivery of telecommunications. The company provides outsourced planning, design, and┬ámanagement of wireless – Read more