Velocity Credit Union Employee Reviews

Productive, Well rounded place to work
Indirect lending processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Velocity was a high energy place with excellent partners. I worked in the Indirect Lending office. My experience with this company was beyond rewarding.
Lead Personal Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Supportive energetic place to work. Sales program with incentives, room for growth within the company. Team oriented, management was extremely supportive of staff.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 1, 2018
VCU works with your schedule, off on Sunday's, great management, great team and staff, lots of knowledge, communicate with the general public, it is a great place to work!
Velocity Credit Union is wonderful
Round Rock TX (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 13, 2017
I loved working for this company. I loved the co workers I Had, I loved the management. They were a really supportive environment on a personal level. They cared for their employees and I would've continued to work There, but the birth of my son made me incapable of continuing my employment with them.
Pros
PTO/Sick leave based on how many hours worked, premiiue
Inferior to the Competition
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 14, 2017
One of the smaller credit unions in the Austin area, VCU severely lacks a strong core (HR/Training Management), which impacts employees across all departments. The organization lacks a comprehensive procedure manual as well as training for all positions besides teller. New account reps, or Branch Associates, open and service all account types without formal training or reference materials, while other credit unions have departments that specialize in IRAs, trust & estate accounts, etc. Procedures are lengthy, time-wasting, and create a disservice for members and branch employees alike.

I have worked for a much larger competitor and I have several friends at other credit unions in the city. Velocity expects more work for less pay and no resources to reference other than e-mails sent by other departments when errors in certain areas increase considerably.

In recent years the company has stopped promoting from within (quite unsuccessfully) in hopes of changing certain aspects of the culture, but all they have succeeded in doing is destroying the morale of several talented individuals who are slowly choosing to leave for better treatment and actual opportunities for promotion.
Pros
Generous PTO but don't expect to use it all because everyone is always short-staffed.
Cons
Poor training, no resources, and HR practically ignores you at the branch level.
Velocity Credit Union
Card Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2016
I have been with Velocity Credit Union for the past 11 years now. I started off as Financial Services Associate level 1. By my second year, I was a level II lead, and by my fourth year I was a level III lead.
A typical day would entail answering 60-80 incoming calls. I would assist with basic account inquiries from members as well as provide support for the entire credit union. I would also process incoming faxed/mailed requests, emails, and online secured chats. As a lead, I would also coach fellow team members on calls and sales and I'd write up procedures and ensure that policy is being followed.

My current manager is amazing. She does not micro-manage and trusts that her employees will get their daily/weekly/monthly tasks completed in a timely manner.

I have made some great friends over the past 11 years at Velocity. Management takes the time to make sure that any new hire that is brought on board will mesh well with the team.

The hardest part of my job is that we're are not allowed to work overtime. In my current position as a Card Specialist, we monitor and audit all atm/debit/credit cards. We audit the issued and monitor them for potential fraud. We are able to complete daily duties within a reasonable time frame, however fraud tends to occur right before holiday weekends. The following business week is usually very busy with case loads/disputes/research. That tends to take up most of the day, and it would be nice if we were allowed to work later to finish, or work from home. Basically I'd like to have the option to work later or longer to
  more... match the workload.

I enjoy many things about my current position. I like that each fraud case is different, and sometimes I'm challenged by them. I also enjoy the investigation that comes with each fraud claim. I enjoy the member and merchant interaction as well.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
wages
Wonderful customer relations, but inconsiderate to employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2016
The job is interesting and has plenty of interaction with the credit union members, however management seems to be poorly organized and there is little-or-no opportunity for advancement and pay raises. The health care benefits are incredible, though.
Great Place to work but no room for Growth
Branch Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Velocity is a good place to work but lacks the opportunity for growth and advancement. Offers bonus and sales are easily obtainable. I enjoy all the employees that I have had the pleasure to work with.
Great work environment
Lead Operations Processor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2016
All of the employees are assigned specific duties and tasks. Mine consist of handling ach,wires and atm disputes for the members at the credit union.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Small parking space
Productive Work PLace with great on the job training
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2015
I loved working at Velocity and made great friends. I left only to move closer to my family and go back to college to finish my degree.
Summary
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2015
A typical day at work was good but they were always short staffed so you would always have to relocate to different branches and preforming every month was the hardest part of the job just because there wasn't enough customers that wanted to open an account with IBC.
Productive, with positive morale
Personal Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 27, 2014
Working with a team and sharing ideas to accomplish the ultimate goal or task.
Overall good place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin TXJuly 2, 2014
There was some division in leadership ideals and a tendency to hold grudges. The organization was nonetheless well run with effective technology and a strong focus on compliance.
General
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 17, 2014
Maintain appropriate cash limits, cash checks, establish deposits, issue cashier’s checks, cash orders, traveler’s checks, money advances, and funds transfers.Perform cash management, customer service, balance cash drawer and petty cash management
Keep a record of excess or less cash at the end of shift and support clients in every part of banking transactions
Cons
Continuous weekends
Ok place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2014
I worked for them and after 3 months will they moved and when done moving I was laid off.
Pros
It was downtown free drinks
Cons
Didn't like the short amount of time
It pays the bills
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2013
I enjoy working with my co-worker's. I go to work and I have fun.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
no overtime
I loved the people I worked with, it was like family.
collector (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxAugust 3, 2012
I was a collector, I dealt with difficult customers at times and made lasting friendships. I loved my coworkers and for the most part had a great supervisor. Hardest part of the job was listening to customer that were on hard times and still asking them to make payments.
Pros
small company
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Velocity Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Velocity Credit Union Reviews by Location