Velocity Merchant Services

Velocity Merchant Services Employer Reviews

Great family owned company to work for.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great supportive management team, always offering training, great business solutions, flexibility
Cons: nothing at all
I've been with VMS for 8+ years and I can honestly say they are a great company to work for. I love the people I work with everyone is great you have something in common makes the work day go smooth. I love what I do love helping others, if you are looking for a great sales job with great supportive management staff look into velocity merchant services.
Pretty good place to work...
Lead Generator/Marketing & Sales (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILOctober 16, 2013
This company has great values and is very encouraging. Management is encouraging & supportive. Overall, a good place to work. The only downside is the hours can be crazy and not the usual 9-5.
Fun, High Energy Place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILApril 12, 2013
Pros: great work hours, health insurance, central location, ample free parking
Cons: none this place is great!
VMS is a great place to work, the workers are all relatively young and have a work hard play hard idealism. It is a family business but that's what is so nice about working there. The owners make all of the employees also feel like they are part of the extended family. The product is great, they have new bundle packages that make sense for small business – more... owners so its a product you are proud to sell. Management is fair and open to ideas from their employees, they actually encourage it. They have great benefits, health insurance after 6 months, Paid Time OFF % 401k after a year and they match 50% of it.

Great work schedule as well... WEEKENDS OFF! – less
VMS
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJanuary 6, 2013
Cons: everything bad, no ethics
Misleading Hiring practices and management. I waited 3 days there and received no pay. 90% Turn-over I found out. Save your gas money on this one.

April 5, 2013

Its a SALES JOB, in order to make money you have to sell. That is how the pay scale is set up 24k VS Commission. And if you are only making 24k that means you are not selling, and let be honest this is a business, it must be profitable for both the rep and the company. If you are hired on for a position then you need to be sure and do that job. If you are not a sales person then you shouldn't apply for a sales job. Also the turn over rate is no where near 90%. Its disappointing when a former employee has to slander a company because they couldn't perform. Nonetheless, we wish you the best of luck.

Friendly, supportive place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILDecember 28, 2012
Pros: friendly coworkers, accessible management, beautiful office, convenient location, perfect size (you can make a difference in our success)
Cons: health benefits for individual employee only (not family), work hours not flexible
As an employee of VMS since 2010, I can say this company makes an earnest effort to satisfy every single one of our merchants on an individual basis. I've been a part of several customer satisfaction initiatives and we've modified about a half-dozen processes to better serve our customers in the time I've been here, including soliciting customer feedback – more... and improving our internal customer management system. We're even working on launching a loyalty program for our merchants and their customers.

My workday starts at 8:30am and goes to 5:30pm with a one-hour lunch, M-F. There are sales meetings led by our management team each morning that start at 8:15am and all account executives are encouraged to attend. Everyone here is friendly and helpful. My co-workers are truly my second family. Upper management is always available to support your success and you can feel comfortable asking them anything.

With so many competitors in the credit card payments processing industry, we've got to provide something worthwhile to stand apart from the crowd. VMS is big enough to provide a low cost advantage yet small enough to know many of our merchants on a first name basis. We're also agile enough to personalize solutions for each client, making it super easy to get your business up and processing quickly.

If you're a business owner looking for a better processing solution, give us a try. We'd be honored to have your business.If you're a smart, motivated self-starter with a passion to learn our industry and help this company reach its goals, we'd love to have you on our team. – less
Great Atmosphere
Technical Support (Former Employee), Dupage, IllinoisNovember 3, 2012
Pros: freindly enviroment
My responsibility was tech support and custmoer service. I engagaed with comstumers regarding the purcase of equipment, the advantages of such equipment adn how to properly manage equipment. I took service calls for troubleshooting issues or connection issues.

Velocity Merchant Services Photos