VelocityEHS Employee Reviews

Great place to work for young adults
Regional Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2017
It was tough sales job, but in an incredibly close knit and motivating atmosphere. There were competitions every week to win free PTO, monthly outings with the team. It was an amazing first 'professional' job.
Good Entry Level Job.
Authoring Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2017
This was my first real job out of college. I appreciate VelocityEHS because they gave me a chance when most companies would not. They also taught me a good set of sales skills. Lots of team outings, group events and nice people in the office. However, they are promote based on favoritism rather than competence/experience. Upper management is completely out of touch with the reps and they are having a hard time hitting quotas because of it.
Above average office job
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
I love working here. The culture is great (most of the people working here are young and very friendly) and everyone seems to work pretty hard. Even so, there isn't much pressure or stress. I don't mind coming to work every day. I am treated well and not micromanaged very much, despite being fairly new.

My pay is not the best but I'm also a temp. My hours were cut but I doubt this is a common thing here, I just happened to be brought on contract-to-hire. I don't hold this against the company and would still recommend working here.
Pros
Free food, drinks, game room, great location, nice employees, laid-back
Cons
Uncertain job security for temps
A good job out of college
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2016
A nice place to work for young executives. Good first job out of college. Very friendly people and the management is very helpful. Good time to start with all of the OSHA laws.
Pros
Great location. The harder you work the more you can make.
Productive, Collaborative and Fast-Paced
Salesforce Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2016
MSDSOnline, now part of VelocityEHS, is a great place to work, with great workplace culture. I've had the opportunity to interface across all departments, improving my skills anad gaining great learning experience.
Fun and fast paced work environment with opportunities for success and advancement
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2016
MSDSonline is a great place to start a career. The training program is very thorough and teaches the basics of sales to someone who may have had no prior experience. The typical work day is pretty standard. We are required to make at least 60 phone calls per day and schedule web demonstrations. On days we are not doing demonstrations, we are partaking in additional training sessions and generating proposals and quotes for potential clients.

I have learned about the sales process and what it takes to understand a customer's needs/wants and build a relationship throughout. I have gained a better understanding of different CRM software and have utilized this software in my daily tasks to stay organized in my territory.

Management is great. Each team has a regional sales manager and 1-2 team leads. These individuals are great resources and are readily available for anything that may be needed.

Co-workers are one of the best parts of the job. The environment is very energetic and all of us provide some sort of uniqueness to it.

The hardest part of the job is overcoming obstacles and rejection. With most sales positions, this is probably the most challenging part.

The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
Pros
Free lunches, sales incentive events, relaxed workplace
Cons
environment can be too casual sometimes
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2015
Young company with lots of young employees. Fun place to work with decent support. A fun growing company. Lots of fun work events.
Good Place to Start
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2015
MSDSonline is a great place to learn sales techniques and gain confidence picking up the phone and calling potential clients.
Pros
Casual, youthful environment.
Cons
Low job security, favoritism
Productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table
CLIENT ONBOARDING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2015
This company is a smaller company but it is expanding rapidly. The office environment is very relaxing and laid back. Every employee is important to the continued success of this company and upper management recognizes that and rewards the employees accordingly.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2014
- A typical day includes cold calling customers in selected territories, setting up and completing demonstrations of the system.
- Learned new ways to approach customers on the phone, as well as, selling techniques to close deals.
- Work under a manager in a team of 10-15
- Co-workers are all friendly and generally easy to talk with.
Productive and Fun atmosphere
Enterprise Accounts Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2014
Good place for a starting sales career. Overall good work life balance. Compensation tends to be on the lower side for those with an international skill-set
Productive and Fun Workplace - yes, with Ping Pong Table
Finance (Current Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 5, 2013
Casual atmosphere SAAS company making life easier for EH&S professionals - dedication and discipline are rewarded monetarily but advancement is slow, staff are young and bright-spirited but not necessarily the brightest.
Fun, great location
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2013
If you want to pursue a career in sales this company is the absolute perfect way to launch your career. It is almost like a transition job for those that are stressed out about joining the real world post graduation. The culture this company brings and the people you meet are great and are mostly young. If you do not want to pursue sales then this company is not for you.

The product and service being sold is great for the next 4-5 years
Pros
culture
Cons
cubical