Venable LLP

Venable LLP Employer Reviews

no comment
Production Support Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: variety of duties
Cons: attitude and lack of respect of some upper management
A typical day as a production support assistant at Venable meant that there would be variety in your duties. Duties ranged from filing client/matter folders; creation of new files or pleadings backers; processing FedEx/UPS shipments; processing large/small mailings; input of new client matters; processing of outgoing invoices or letters. This was my – more... 1st position in a legal field and I found it extremely interesting and I learned quite a bit. My co-workers were professional and the attorneys were friendly and easy to work with. – less
Attorneys were difficult to support and HR was unfair
LAA (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: difficult attorneys and inconsistent hr policies
I found attorneys difficult to support and when HR was notified, more times than not, that department was unfair in their responses. They clearly did not respect the side of the support staff.
Billing Specialist
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: great healthcare package
Cons: terrible firm, hr favors certain people
DC Accounting Office is not a great place to work. The manager thrives off gossip and disordered,Will try to befriend you only to get in your business and share with the entire department, the HR department favors long time employees and not trust worthy, if you have an issue with someone their just keep it to yourself b/c if you share with HR it will – more... be used against you only to have you terminated or your time their will be miserable. – less
This firm had a diversity of people to work with and that helped me to grow.
Accounting Assistant A/P (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2012
After a short while Venable was just not a good fit for me because I didn't see any advancement for myself.
Venable LLP is not a fair employer
Client Intake Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: health insurance is awesome.
Cons: no one will listen. hr is horrible. management is terrible. no employee perks.
Venable LLP favors the employees who have worked there for several years. New employees have no voice. They are abused, and HR does nothing to help them. HR doesn't take issues seriously. The training is horrible. There are no employee perks and nothing to boost morale amongst employees. There is nothing good about this place, except the health insurance.
Nice firm downtown
Marketing Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 6, 2012
Nice firm downtown Washington DC. Depends on which department/attorney you work for which will determine your quality of life. Over all I really enjoyed working at this firm.