Venable LLP Employee Reviews

Disappointed
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2016
My experience working for Venable in the IP department was not a pleasant experience. Between a bipolar & lying supervisor made it very depressing and borderline harassment
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Great place to intern at
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2015
I am very happy that in 2011 DC Central Kitchen paired with Venable Law Firm for my intership. My experience there was really benitfical and I learned how to properly cut fruit and work with a divers group of people. I was happy to hear that i had left a good impression on the chef that was there. It was a great experience that i will never forget
Pros
Got to work with great people
Cons
I wasn't able to get hired
Great job training and experience
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 4, 2014
Great teamwork, Good Firm to work for. Supported 4-5 attorneys who were very personable. A typical day at Venable was busy, but I met challenges because they have a great support system. Job training was readily available and they stayed abreast of technology.
Pros
Holiday lunches, healthcare fairs and challenges, anniversary acknowledgement
Cons
Unexcused policies
Very Productive
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Checking Outlook on the computer for e-mails from management and co-workers for changes in duties.
"Setting-up" conference rooms.
Relieving reception.
Going to the different floors to make sure every thing is functioning properly.
The pantries are well stock.
Stocking the medicine cabinet.
Typing letters for attorneys.
Checking the mail room to assist.
Assisting with the marketing department.
Working in the library.
Taking care of inventories.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Breaks morning and afternoon. Health and dental. Messages

Comment – March 14, 2014

This is how this Law Firm discriminates, because I worked at Venable LLP New York (the same position) and was NEVER given a break, neither in the morning or evening. Occasionally we will get lunch, or whatever is left over in the conference rooms. One hour lunch, that's it, and you are going from the time you reach to work till the time you leave.

no comment
Production Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2014
A typical day as a production support assistant at Venable meant that there would be variety in your duties. Duties ranged from filing client/matter folders; creation of new files or pleadings backers; processing FedEx/UPS shipments; processing large/small mailings; input of new client matters; processing of outgoing invoices or letters. This was my 1st position in a legal field and I found it extremely interesting and I learned quite a bit. My co-workers were professional and the attorneys were friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
variety of duties
Cons
attitude and lack of respect of some upper management
Venable LLP is not a fair employer
Client Intake Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2012
Venable LLP favors the employees who have worked there for several years. New employees have no voice. They are abused, and HR does nothing to help them. HR doesn't take issues seriously. The training is horrible. There are no employee perks and nothing to boost morale amongst employees. There is nothing good about this place, except the health insurance.
Pros
health insurance is awesome.
Cons
no one will listen. hr is horrible. management is terrible. no employee perks.
Billing Specialist
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2012
DC Accounting Office is not a great place to work. The manager thrives off gossip and disordered,Will try to befriend you only to get in your business and share with the entire department, the HR department favors long time employees and not trust worthy, if you have an issue with someone their just keep it to yourself b/c if you share with HR it will be used against you only to have you terminated or your time their will be miserable.
Pros
great healthcare package
Cons
terrible firm, hr favors certain people
Attorneys were difficult to support and HR was unfair
LAA (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2013
I found attorneys difficult to support and when HR was notified, more times than not, that department was unfair in their responses. They clearly did not respect the side of the support staff.
benefits
Cons
difficult attorneys and inconsistent hr policies
Nice firm downtown
Marketing Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2012
Nice firm downtown Washington DC. Depends on which department/attorney you work for which will determine your quality of life. Over all I really enjoyed working at this firm.
This firm had a diversity of people to work with and that helped me to grow.
Accounting Assistant A/P (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2012
After a short while Venable was just not a good fit for me because I didn't see any advancement for myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venable LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9