Vencore Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Company In Transition
Software Engineer Tech Spec (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work starts at 06:00 and ends around 15:00.
I've learned that a company that was a spin-off from an leading innovative company does not necessarily keep that heritage. Management is crises management. The hardest part of the job is trying not to fall behind and the most enjoyable part of the job is completing an assignment successful.
Pros
The People
Cons
The management.
Excellent People Oriented Company
Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 29, 2017
Relaxed people oriented company with great benefits and management. Limited opportunity for advancement or cross domain work. Flexible work hours are a bonus that permits ease in scheduling personal appointments and being able to attend family events such as school meetings with your children.
Pros
Excellents benefits
Cons
Limited internal advancement
Good place to work, contract ending
PROJECT MANAGER/ Chief Test Conductor (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLAugust 22, 2017
44 hour work week
Exceptional exposure to all aspects of engineering
Exceptional management in an unconventional transition
New culture currently being defined
Pros
Work at Kennedy Space Center
Cons
Contract ending
Good work place.
Space Systems Integration and Analysis Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 17, 2017
Good work place. Great people. Management is good but underpaid entry level employees. Would recommend to people looking for a clearance or with some work experience.
Good experience and good people.
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 26, 2017
It's a decent environment and the work is challenging. Lots of dedicated people that are hard workers, and willing to assist each other in order to complete the mission.
Great people!
Task Order Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 21, 2017
Been with the company 7 yrs and have enjoyed every minute of it! Management lets you get your job done, they are always having some kind of get together so that you have a chance to meet others in different departments
Long Term care
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 20, 2017
Caring for those that are no longer able to care for themselves. Very rewarding but difficult at times when patients who have no visiting family.
company was great to work for and had patient care above all
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
staffing issues
it was decent
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 19, 2017
a typical day at work for me at my old job is classified. I can not describe neither a typical day at work nor what I learned there. I can say that I got along well with my co-workers, I enjoyed the independent culture of the workplace, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the management opportunities.
Zero loyalty to employees
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 27, 2017
I was laid off 5 months pregnant with no warning, no legal notice, no benefits after 3 yrs with the company. When i asked about why i wasn't given a notification they told me that they didn't want me stressing out ahead of time another words they didn't want my stress to cause myself or the baby any issues while i was employed by them...they wanted to get rid of me last minute so whatever happened to me after was my problem not theirs...they also asked me to sign a document that i wouldn't claim anything else from the company after my lay off day and offered me money if I signed the document within a week. Perhaps what they did was within VA state legal rights of employers but it certainly was not right or humane.
Highly professional
System Engineer Sr. Staff (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 6, 2017
Really nice folks; very professional; friendly. Will provide a challenge for an individual. You get to work on interesting and highly varied tasks. You also work with dedicated professionals
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Could do a better job on time off, like comp time
Productive and great place to work.
Editor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJune 5, 2017
Great job work/life balance. Compensation and benefits are in line with other companies. Good job culture and management. Job security difficult since it is a government contractor.
great
Security Officer/ Escort Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 9, 2017
It is a good company to work for. The people are firendly and it allows you to get experience in a field that you enjoy. The community is close knit and i enjoy it.
Good Company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 9, 2017
Good company with strong leadership. Only reason I am looking is because career development is not available for my position. I would recommend for anyone looking to get
Fastpaced, never a dull moment.
Discrepancy Analyst/Deficiency Reporting Lead (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 3, 2017
Always changing, fast paced. Management team in El Segundo is very supportive. I enjoy all the people I work with, nothing but the best of the best.
Interesting work
Financial Analyst, Sr., Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAMay 1, 2017
When I worked at Vencore it was The SI ORG that provided system support for Government Contracts. But when there was a government budget problems we had to take off without pay.
Good Work Life Balance
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 7, 2017
Company offers good work life balance. Benefits are reduced every year. The people are wonderful in general and make it nice to come to work every day. There have been several promises made that were never met.
Pros
People
Cons
Benefits/Disorganization
Learn what you can at Vencore and then move on
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Northern VirginiaMarch 21, 2017
Company has a top down mantra "Be happy you have a job"- in other words don't expect promotions, significant raises, or good benefits. Gained numerous skills while at Vencore but your manager can make or break your career. There are more bad managers than good managers. Depending on contract, an individual may be able to work from home regularly or occasionally. Worklife balance is good as I never really had to work more than 40 hours a week and they allow you to flex your time reasonablely if you need to take care of personal business. Company values loyalty and believes they have some ownership over employees. Example, company has done some questionable practices such as colluding with other companies to prevent current employees from joining new firms and other contracts.
Good group of people to work with.
Program Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAFebruary 25, 2017
Vencore is comprised of good people working closely with their Government customers to provide good products and processes to the USMC.
Worked from home
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 9, 2017
I worked from home so I didn't have to deal with a lot of the corporate stuff. However, there was no room to grow and we lost our contract very soon after I was hired on.
Branch management is good. Corporate management needs to better understand the markets they serve.
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 9, 2017
Has extensive background in Army market, however the corporate management does not have the same experience. How to grow in market still evades the company in DoD market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vencore. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8