Venetian Employee Reviews in United States

Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 26, 2016
I love working at the Sands Casino in Bethlehem, But I am from the south, and HATE the snow!
I am from Bossier City, La. where I learned to deal...but I want to live on the Gulf Coast where I intend to retire....eventually.
Pros
Daily hot meal, open salad bar, great PTO and Flex/ vacation benefits..401Kmatch 50 cents on the dollar, great health care benefits, terrific management team
Cons
Snow, Snow and more snow!!!
Not so good Management Team
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2015
The Venetian/Palazzo has no idea when it comes to good employee relations. A non union establishment and rules are broken and re-written everyday. This is a short term working company unless you have the patience of Job from the Bible.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
No advancement unless you know somebody.
good job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2016
decent place to work. If you like dealing with people this is a good place for it. The benefits are really good and you can accumulate time off in this field. administrative jobs are different. They work 9 hours with an hour break. In guest services you work 8 hours with and hour break.
Fun Place to Work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2015
I just love working here as a matter of fact, wished I still worked here. I started as a money runner, until they got rid of the coins. I then became a Guest Service Rep., I learned all the gaming rules and regulations. Management was wonderful and understanding. co-works were like sisters and brothers. The hardest part of the job was not being there. The most enjoyable part of the job was see people win and being able to be the person to put a smile on a guest face.
Pros
free food and health benefits and matching 401K
Cons
I have nothing
Fun place to work, decent provision of staff meals
Housekeeping Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job for me is guest complements
Learning something new every day
co-workers or friendly, (mostly)
Senior management is supportive and encouraging
Meetings are held regularly to update employees with company progress and policies
Pros
With hard work and commitment one can grow and move up to higher status with the
Cons
A lot of politics and back biting
Great Place to work
EMT/Security (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NvOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work, always room for advancement. Management works well with team members. Exciting, energetic place for those who like a challenge.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
It was a nice room should of been a great room.
poker dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 24, 2015
I felt the room was not utilized to its full potential. I felt more types of cash games could of been spread, I liked my co workers and immediate management. They made the job enjoyable. Most of our guests were great.
Pros
Free Meals, Discounts
Cons
Poor management
Productive, fun place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2016
Everyday, I learned a lot, take seriously on how are the process. Team members were very easy to work with, cheerful and with positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I accomplished something that made my superior proud of me.

The hardest part of the job, is when deadlines meet one after the other and adding additional works.
Pros
Free lunch, Free Insurance
Cons
Overload of works
Great job. No complaints.
Banquet server on call (Current Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 6, 2015
Venetian is a beautiful place to work. The management is great. I love working there.
I am well informed of job expectations. My co workers are helpful and enthusiastic copartners.
The hardest part of the job is just being physically fit.
the most enjoyable part is I get to work with good people and make good money.
Pros
I am able to pick and choose when I want to work
Cons
Sometimes it can be hard to get enough work. Seasonal
Great place to work with great benefits.
Level 1 Desk Side Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2015
If you're looking for a fun/energetic place to work, Venetian Resort and Casino is the place for you. They serve great benefits and is ultimately a reputable company to work for.

A typical day at work consists of communicating with guest daily, troubleshooting their Internet issues, as well as resolving team members challenges throughout the property.

I've gained all my Information Technology experience from Venetian and the coworkers I had were helpful, friendly, easy to talk to when needing assistance.

Hardest part of the job is being able to escalate a trouble ticket to a higher level as it may be out of your authorization and power to resolve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with different types of people. There are hundreds of guest checking in/out of the Venetian and you meet a variety of personalities which makes the job interesting and fun.
The company itself was spectacular!
Floor Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2014
This is a corporate company: multiple businesses in multiple countries. In some regards, it operates like a business, as in you are given a number that is required everywhere you go. But at the same time, The Venetian is very much a family business. You become very attached to the people you work with and relationships come easy. This makes it a very enjoyable place to work.
Workers are compensated very well financially and with benefits. This is a positive, however it is also a springboard for very "political" practices by those in upper management. Your advancement (and even your current position) is directly related to your relationship with your department head.
Pros
pay
Cons
"politics"
Good Place to work
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2016
Good place with the free meals and good people you work with but stay hourly being salaried is not worth the small amount of pay.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Low Pay
Learning to be the Best
Guest Services Front Drive Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaOctober 23, 2013
A typical work day is making sure not only the guest but also my team was happy. I have learned what it has mean to be the best but providing the best services. Many of the managers that you will work with has been there since day one so they have seen the company grow and seen alot of things that will help you move forward with your career there.

The hardest part of the job is that you cannot make everyone happy no matter how much you try. Sometimes the guest will not understand no matter how hard you try.

I enjoy making smiles on my teams faces and guest. Always seeing people saying this is my second home is very rewarding.
Pros
two meals were included everyday and great benefits
Cons
equal partnership insurance
Well structured and rewarding work
Pool Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2013
At times it was a little hard to do work when management was hard to find. It was difficult, but very fun to work at the pool. Some of the co-workers were fun and really hardworking. Because of some of the work relationships that I developed, I stayed with the company for several years. There were, however, several girls who did not work hard and did what they wanted. Management seemed to have a hard time with any punishment. The hardest part of the job was when the pool deck was very busy and it was hard to take orders from all the guest. I felt that this made if very difficult for me to do my job and represent the Venetian well.
Pros
cafeteria for free lunch
Fun in the workplace
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2015
I have learned a lot while being in these companies. before becoming a server in theses places, I thought I was perfect. After a while, I realized that my knowledge in serving food was not good enough in the past. These knowledge's have help me a lot and I can now be proud of myself taking order and answer guests question related their orders. I think talking to coworkers/ or guests making eye contact is appropriate in the workplace and it is leaded in a good behavior. Asking coworkers opinion when you are suffering a problem help reduced stress. The hardest part of my job was when I was on training. The most enjoyable part is mostly when the business is busy.
Pros
We always have free lunch
Cons
Always have break
Awesome place to work if you are HOURLY!
Assistant Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2015
This place treats HOURLY Team Members like royalty. The benefits are awesome and they bend over backwards to keep HOURLY Team Members happy. Once you become salaried, you are theirs to abuse. The mandatory training sessions are scheduled so they are during your off time, not during your shift. In my department, many hourly Team Members make more per year WITHOUT overtime than their manager...crazy...
Pros
being hourly
Cons
being salaried
fun work place
Lifeguard position, 5 diamond guest service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas stripDecember 22, 2012
Had a great time working here, the benefits were nice also!
My co workers were like family
Management had its ups and downs
Hardest part of the job was getting paid
most enjoyable part was getting a tan
learned that guest service goes a long ways
Pros
2 meal swipes daily, health care, 1 hour paid lunch
Cons
seasonal, management for pool wasnt all that great
A great place to have the opportunity to grow with!
Equipment Coordinator/Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2014
Spending over 10 years with this company provided the unique experience of helping a company grow from unprecedented to international with a family of team members beside me. I was afforded the opportunity to learn so many new things during my time there, and was able to spend time with everyone from Executive staff to contracted on-site staff. There are difficulties associated with every pioneer trek, simply because no one has ever done it before! I believe each one was handled with a combination of teamwork, communication and positive reinforcement. I loved being able to branch out and learn, and felt very blessed to be used in a variety of roles to benefit both myself and the company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2014
Always something new. Great benifits. Co-workers and management were good together
Pros
over time and benifits
Cons
the place is huge. be prepaired to walk
5 Diamond Resort
Best of the Best
Part of Sands Corporation
Community oriented
Team member oriented
Pros
free food all hours of the day
Cons
8200 team members a major corporation

4.2