Venetian Employee Reviews

Complex and challenging workplace with with a strong operational structure
Housekeeping Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2016
Great learning experience, one of the most challenging workplaces I have ever worked for, but definitely a great platform for those whom seek career advancement in hospitality, this is a great place to learn and a great place to strengthen your soft skills.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Really bad management attendance policy
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 26, 2016
I love working at the Sands Casino in Bethlehem, But I am from the south, and HATE the snow!
I am from Bossier City, La. where I learned to deal...but I want to live on the Gulf Coast where I intend to retire....eventually.
Pros
Daily hot meal, open salad bar, great PTO and Flex/ vacation benefits..401Kmatch 50 cents on the dollar, great health care benefits, terrific management team
Cons
Snow, Snow and more snow!!!
Be nervous all the time because most managers are uneducated and scared to lose their jobs
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2016
If you hide out all the time and never try to excel you will be there a long time however if you go to school and get educated you are looked at as a threat and will be ran out of there.
Pros
Free lunch and gym
Cons
Managers are constantly scared because they were juiced in and have no prior education
good job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2016
decent place to work. If you like dealing with people this is a good place for it. The benefits are really good and you can accumulate time off in this field. administrative jobs are different. They work 9 hours with an hour break. In guest services you work 8 hours with and hour break.
Great place to work with great benefits.
Level 1 Desk Side Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2015
If you're looking for a fun/energetic place to work, Venetian Resort and Casino is the place for you. They serve great benefits and is ultimately a reputable company to work for.

A typical day at work consists of communicating with guest daily, troubleshooting their Internet issues, as well as resolving team members challenges throughout the property.

I've gained all my Information Technology experience from Venetian and the coworkers I had were helpful, friendly, easy to talk to when needing assistance.

Hardest part of the job is being able to escalate a trouble ticket to a higher level as it may be out of your authorization and power to resolve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with different types of people. There are hundreds of guest checking in/out of the Venetian and you meet a variety of personalities which makes the job interesting and fun.
The company itself was spectacular!
Floor Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2014
This is a corporate company: multiple businesses in multiple countries. In some regards, it operates like a business, as in you are given a number that is required everywhere you go. But at the same time, The Venetian is very much a family business. You become very attached to the people you work with and relationships come easy. This makes it a very enjoyable place to work.
Workers are compensated very well financially and with benefits. This is a positive, however it is also a springboard for very "political" practices by those in upper management. Your advancement (and even your current position) is directly related to your relationship with your department head.
Pros
Pay
Cons
"Politics"
Fun Place to Work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2015
I just love working here as a matter of fact, wished I still worked here. I started as a money runner, until they got rid of the coins. I then became a Guest Service Rep., I learned all the gaming rules and regulations. Management was wonderful and understanding. co-works were like sisters and brothers. The hardest part of the job was not being there. The most enjoyable part of the job was see people win and being able to be the person to put a smile on a guest face.
Pros
free food and health benefits and matching 401K
Cons
I have nothing
Not so good Management Team
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2015
The Venetian/Palazzo has no idea when it comes to good employee relations. A non union establishment and rules are broken and re-written everyday. This is a short term working company unless you have the patience of Job from the Bible.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
No advancement unless you know somebody.
Balanced workplace, good tips and customers
Cocktail Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 14, 2016
Overall rating of the venetian is a good working place, I learned more about new cocktails which help me improve my efficiency. My coworkers were pleasant and helpful.
Learning to be the Best
Guest Services Front Drive Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaOctober 23, 2013
A typical work day is making sure not only the guest but also my team was happy. I have learned what it has mean to be the best but providing the best services. Many of the managers that you will work with has been there since day one so they have seen the company grow and seen alot of things that will help you move forward with your career there.

The hardest part of the job is that you cannot make everyone happy no matter how much you try. Sometimes the guest will not understand no matter how hard you try.

I enjoy making smiles on my teams faces and guest. Always seeing people saying this is my second home is very rewarding.
Pros
Two meals were included everyday and great benefits
Cons
Equal partnership insurance
Awesome place to work if you are HOURLY!
Assistant Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2015
This place treats HOURLY Team Members like royalty. The benefits are awesome and they bend over backwards to keep HOURLY Team Members happy. Once you become salaried, you are theirs to abuse. The mandatory training sessions are scheduled so they are during your off time, not during your shift. In my department, many hourly Team Members make more per year WITHOUT overtime than their manager...crazy...
Pros
Being HOURLY
Cons
Being Salaried
fun work place
Lifeguard position, 5 diamond guest service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas stripDecember 22, 2012
Had a great time working here, the benefits were nice also!
My co workers were like family
Management had its ups and downs
Hardest part of the job was getting paid
most enjoyable part was getting a tan
learned that guest service goes a long ways
Pros
2 meal swipes daily, health care, 1 hour paid lunch
Cons
seasonal, management for pool wasnt all that great
Good Place to work
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2016
Good place with the free meals and good people you work with but stay hourly being salaried is not worth the small amount of pay.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Low Pay
5 Diamond Resort
Best of the Best
Part of Sands Corporation
Community oriented
Team member oriented
Pros
Free Food all hours of the day
Cons
8200 Team Members a major corporation
Worlds largest resort
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2012
Overall, an excellent place to be a part of. Fantastic benefits and competetive pay range.
Pros
everything you need is provided including free hot meals and paid breaks.
Cons
due to the size of the property, all team members are constamtly on the run, it's a good thing as this keeps venetian/palazzo at the top.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2014
Always something new. Great benifits. Co-workers and management were good together
Pros
Over time and benifits
Cons
The place is huge. Be prepaired to walk
5 Star 5 Diamond Property that Provides unmatched guest service and is a global corp.
Lead Guest Service Agent Supervisor Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2013
5 star 5 diamond global company with over 7,326 Suites says it all!!!
Pros
Paid Lunch Full Benifits great employees. Amazing environment.
Cons
Productive, fun place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2016
Everyday, I learned a lot, take seriously on how are the process. Team members were very easy to work with, cheerful and with positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I accomplished something that made my superior proud of me.

The hardest part of the job, is when deadlines meet one after the other and adding additional works.
Pros
Free lunch, Free Insurance
Cons
Overload of works
Productive and fun workplace
CLEANER/HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Venetian HotelMarch 27, 2016
It was a fun place to work. I was able to meet several people I already knew. Co-workers were very friendly. The only downside was the pressure we all had to get through to get the job done., but things were always done in a timely manner.
Well structured and rewarding work
Pool Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2013
At times it was a little hard to do work when management was hard to find. It was difficult, but very fun to work at the pool. Some of the co-workers were fun and really hardworking. Because of some of the work relationships that I developed, I stayed with the company for several years. There were, however, several girls who did not work hard and did what they wanted. Management seemed to have a hard time with any punishment. The hardest part of the job was when the pool deck was very busy and it was hard to take orders from all the guest. I felt that this made if very difficult for me to do my job and represent the Venetian well.
Pros
Cafeteria for free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venetian. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3