Venetian Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place to work
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2016
Good place with the free meals and good people you work with but stay hourly being salaried is not worth the small amount of pay.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Low Pay
Productive, fun place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2016
Everyday, I learned a lot, take seriously on how are the process. Team members were very easy to work with, cheerful and with positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I accomplished something that made my superior proud of me.

The hardest part of the job, is when deadlines meet one after the other and adding additional works.
Pros
Free lunch, Free Insurance
Cons
Overload of works
good job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2016
decent place to work. If you like dealing with people this is a good place for it. The benefits are really good and you can accumulate time off in this field. administrative jobs are different. They work 9 hours with an hour break. In guest services you work 8 hours with and hour break.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 26, 2016
I love working at the Sands Casino in Bethlehem, But I am from the south, and HATE the snow!
I am from Bossier City, La. where I learned to deal...but I want to live on the Gulf Coast where I intend to retire....eventually.
Pros
Daily hot meal, open salad bar, great PTO and Flex/ vacation benefits..401Kmatch 50 cents on the dollar, great health care benefits, terrific management team
Cons
Snow, Snow and more snow!!!
It was a nice room should of been a great room.
poker dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 24, 2015
I felt the room was not utilized to its full potential. I felt more types of cash games could of been spread, I liked my co workers and immediate management. They made the job enjoyable. Most of our guests were great.
Pros
Free Meals, Discounts
Cons
Poor management
Not so good Management Team
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2015
The Venetian/Palazzo has no idea when it comes to good employee relations. A non union establishment and rules are broken and re-written everyday. This is a short term working company unless you have the patience of Job from the Bible.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
No advancement unless you know somebody.
Great Place to work
EMT/Security (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NvOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work, always room for advancement. Management works well with team members. Exciting, energetic place for those who like a challenge.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Great job. No complaints.
Banquet server on call (Current Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 6, 2015
Venetian is a beautiful place to work. The management is great. I love working there.
I am well informed of job expectations. My co workers are helpful and enthusiastic copartners.
The hardest part of the job is just being physically fit.
the most enjoyable part is I get to work with good people and make good money.
Pros
I am able to pick and choose when I want to work
Cons
Sometimes it can be hard to get enough work. Seasonal
Fun place to work, decent provision of staff meals
Housekeeping Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job for me is guest complements
Learning something new every day
co-workers or friendly, (mostly)
Senior management is supportive and encouraging
Meetings are held regularly to update employees with company progress and policies
Pros
With hard work and commitment one can grow and move up to higher status with the
Cons
A lot of politics and back biting
Great place to work with great benefits.
Level 1 Desk Side Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2015
If you're looking for a fun/energetic place to work, Venetian Resort and Casino is the place for you. They serve great benefits and is ultimately a reputable company to work for.

A typical day at work consists of communicating with guest daily, troubleshooting their Internet issues, as well as resolving team members challenges throughout the property.

I've gained all my Information Technology experience from Venetian and the coworkers I had were helpful, friendly, easy to talk to when needing assistance.

Hardest part of the job is being able to escalate a trouble ticket to a higher level as it may be out of your authorization and power to resolve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with different types of people. There are hundreds of guest checking in/out of the Venetian and you meet a variety of personalities which makes the job interesting and fun.
Fun Place to Work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2015
I just love working here as a matter of fact, wished I still worked here. I started as a money runner, until they got rid of the coins. I then became a Guest Service Rep., I learned all the gaming rules and regulations. Management was wonderful and understanding. co-works were like sisters and brothers. The hardest part of the job was not being there. The most enjoyable part of the job was see people win and being able to be the person to put a smile on a guest face.
Pros
free food and health benefits and matching 401K
Cons
I have nothing
Fun in the workplace
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2015
I have learned a lot while being in these companies. before becoming a server in theses places, I thought I was perfect. After a while, I realized that my knowledge in serving food was not good enough in the past. These knowledge's have help me a lot and I can now be proud of myself taking order and answer guests question related their orders. I think talking to coworkers/ or guests making eye contact is appropriate in the workplace and it is leaded in a good behavior. Asking coworkers opinion when you are suffering a problem help reduced stress. The hardest part of my job was when I was on training. The most enjoyable part is mostly when the business is busy.
Pros
We always have free lunch
Cons
Always have break
Self improvement and enhances problem solving skills
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2015
There was little micro managing as an Administrative Manager, learned to trust my instincts and was encouraged to develop new ideas to create a more productive workplace.
Awesome place to work if you are HOURLY!
Assistant Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2015
This place treats HOURLY Team Members like royalty. The benefits are awesome and they bend over backwards to keep HOURLY Team Members happy. Once you become salaried, you are theirs to abuse. The mandatory training sessions are scheduled so they are during your off time, not during your shift. In my department, many hourly Team Members make more per year WITHOUT overtime than their manager...crazy...
Pros
being hourly
Cons
being salaried
productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2015
The job was good but i was only seasonal status. I like working there because they offer free food 2 times a day. They also have family events and give a reasonable discounts like rooms and restaurants.
Pros
free food 2x a day
Cons
i had no breaks but 1 hour lunch
High Paced, High Volume. Get ready to work..
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2014
Cause you're going to LOVE IT. Working at the Venetian has indeed upped my work experience. As long as you have a willingness to learn, you're not lazy, and have a open mind, you'll do just fine. Hope to see you around!!
Pros
2x free meals!!
Cons
waiting to pass probationary period.
Amazing pay, amazing benefits, easy job, bad hours, bad management
Guest Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Venetian Las VegasSeptember 22, 2014
Amazing pay. Started off as a Venetian Coordinator in Guest Services, full time, $18hr., amazing benefits, free benefits, generic prescription free, hands down amazing pay and benefits.

This job was fairly easy.

I did anything from dispatching luggage to being at the GS podium upstairs in sight of the breath taking views..

This job was a miracle for me, especially being new to Las Vegas.

During the first week I became friends with many coworkers and they had advised me that it is not the best place to work for at times but they are only there for the pay and to provide for their family.

I wondered why this was and thought to myself no that will never be me.

I been realized a couple months in that when you are bottom of seniority you have the scraps of hours I am talking about overnight shift swing shift and many times over time but the only problem is there's not much life hours that they give you between the shift but I still continue to do so to provide for myself and my fiance at the time.

I thought to myself if I only had a child would I be completely miserable with the hours it did not matter how good of a worker or team member you would call I was I would still end up with horrible hours.

Even if I switched positions, you start at the bottom which is even worse than you are right now.

I also realized that the executive director has daytime hours and is not paying any attention to middle management all of middle management are on different pages. Managers are not following the guidelines and the rules as you would call it, and it is extremely confusing and difficult
  more... knowing that you cannot change something that is not in your power.

This company is far too big for my knowledge.
Management " party" with coworkers have clicks and gossip just as bad as anybody else it is almost like high school, but I stayed with my head up high and did not go in that favouritism route that everyone else got caught in.

I personally advise you that anybody and I mean anybody with the brains just as good as a dog can be promoted to management.

Its all in who you know, not who you are

As a team member, you are also allowed to know anybody and be related to anybody that works for this company which actually is not professional at all.

The company actually suggests that you know somebody in order to even get the job in which I did know somebody.

This whole situation really got to me. All the affairs between co workers, gossip, and ultimate favoritism depressed me. When I first began working for this company my only goal was to advance higher, seeing what was in store for me I did not want to be management anymore

If you end up working for this company I should just to keep your head up high and start to mingle nicely with all managers.
Pros
amazing pay, amazing benefits, easy job
Cons
horrible hours, bad favoritism, horrible middle management
It was Cool
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2014
It really didnt have any problems just the sweat I Break every day
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no insurance
5 Star Hotel, great benefits, good co-workers, mediocre management team
Resort Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2014
Arrive ready for work. It's usually very busy and you're put to work immediately. There's no time to check emails and very little to no down time.(On Venetian side of property) The quality of guests has changed over past few years and expectations of Concierge have changed as well Seasoned guests know what services a Concierge can provide, others are not sure and have no regard for the experience, value or knowledge of a Concierge. It's always refreshing to teach a guest how to best utilize their time while in Vegas and how a Concierge can assist with the planning of a great vacation. A good Concierge is always learning something new in Las Vegas. There's always a new show, new restaurant, new attraction and other things as well. The company has been making new attempts at attractive team member perks. There are reduced cost movie tickets, in house day care, free employee parking and other perks available. The company has a history of showing the employees how much they appreciate hard work. It goes rewarded with special invites, dinners, etc. Management is changing and with that comes high turn over, new rules and lack of understanding as to how a cohesive concierge team works. The Concierge team at Venetian/Palazzo is great and works well together. There is no hard part for a Concierge. Some guest look for coupons or free items. The hardest part is explaining the value of things to a guest who doesn't come prepared to spend "some" money. One of the most enjoyable perks of the job is when a guest comes back to thank you for a service, advise or recommendation. The other is  more... that the Venetian/Palazzo are very beautiful properties to work at. The history is rich and it holds everything under its roof from a convention center, over 30 wonderful restaurants, a full service spa, great shopping, over 7,000 beautiful suites and much more.  less
Pros
great benefits, 2 meals/shift, uniforms provided and maintained, employee parking
Cons
busy all the time in the venetian, need good shoes for standing for long periods of time
I learned a lot
Brand Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2014
The Venetian/The Palazzo have an amazing culture of quality. They promote from within in many cases - and the leadership is top notch.

4.2