Venetian Employee Reviews

Excellent benefits and amazing co workers
PBX Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2017
Co workers were amazing team but micro managing and threats that someone else was always waiting for your position was pretty intimidating to work under . Felt like a number not an employee who had been working for 7 years and never been late or missed a day . I was an asset and they lost many good employees
Great management and co-workers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 21, 2017
Basic work duties each day, learned basic office skills, management is fair and very skilled in what they do, most enjoyable part of the job was working with the great staff and assisting the courteous residents of the building each day coming to work.
Cons
Beautiful Upscale Catering Hall!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJOctober 8, 2017
The Venetian is a breath taking catering hall that goes above and beyond for every client on a personal level. The clients happiness is their #1 priority shown with the time they spend with each client to understand their wants, needs and desires. They pay exceptional attention to detail and all workers are extremely attentive.
Pros
Everyone leaves happy!
Cons
None.
on call dealers are he first to get cut when slow,.
ON CALL poker dealer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2017
You have to try to pick up shifts that nobody wants.this place shows favoritism.No money to made anymore it has dried up.managament might be able to convince you but the money is gone!!!!!
Very professional place to work.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2017
The Venetian is a place of elegance and beauty.
We create an environment based on the culture of Italy. We have gondolas and singers for guests to enjoy. Our architecture takes our imagination into another world. We pride ourselves on the creative fantasy we offer to our guests with our top service.
Pros
Employee dining room discount hotel rooms
Cons
Health care is based on how many hours we work...sometimes no work
Casino Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2017
Looking for a change. I need a change. Management is going to make this place go under. People are treated very badly. I have seen the morale continually dwindle.
Pros
wonderful environment to be at and work for
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2017
We would start with a pre shift meeting. Our mangers would delegate responsibilities for the function being held. Then we would break into teams to set up the event. Once the event starts we would cater go guests accordingly. When the event is over we break down the function.
Pros
excellent pay and free food
Cons
not enough work
Productive and fun workplace
Engagement & Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2017
As in any workplace, as long as you get on board with genuine intentions to learn, add value, and share and accept information, there will always be a place for you at The Venetian. I had the fortunate experience to wrap up my Vegas sojourn with this company, and it was a truly unique and unforgettable experience. The team I as on was the HR Engagement Team. This team is made up of smart and witty people. They value knowledge sharing as much as they value the task at hand. It is imperative to provide support if you expect to ask for support as well. This is something that they do not force on you, but something that you will learn to be a success. It is always a two-way street in that you will receive feedback, and you will be asked for it to make sure they are doing everything they can to keep their Team Members happy and satisfied, as well as ensure that the policies and procedures in place are understandable by anybody in the property.
Pros
Two free meals during your shift, benefits, culture
Cons
Starting pay, no holiday except for Christmas
Loved working at the Venetian
Salon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAJuly 13, 2017
I greeted customers daily I learned how to deal with someone that's having a bad day, multicultural. The hardest part of the job was the long hours I enjoyed talking to my customers.
Pros
company dinner, gift exchange (christmas), meeting people from different walks of life
Cons
short breaks, no benifits
Good benefits, fair salary but hard to move up
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2017
Venetian has the best benefits in Las Vegas. If you are leaving the company to work for competitors such as Wynn, MGM and Caesars, you are looking to lose 5K+ in benefits and potential medical costs due to bi-weekly insurance payments and worse coverage. You don't have to pay a dime for medical, dental and vision insurance and almost everything is covered with a small copay. Great employee dining room. Great co-workers. Only downside is that it's very hard to move up and when people leave their job, their positions don't get filled and you get more work without being compensated. Management doesn't care if you're unhappy about the situation as long as they can save money by having fewer and fewer staff. Job is pretty secured because firing is a multi-step process so it's hard to even get rid of the worst employee ever. I've seen people who haven't been working for years and they still have their jobs. Higher-up management is not approachable.
Pros
Great Benefits, free lunch buffet, fair starting salary, great same level co-workers, job security
Cons
Hard to move up, vacant positions don't get filled, resulting in more work for non-managerial employees, workplace injustice
A high paced environment that offers a lot to learn
ISD Cook 3 (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2017
A high paced kitchen with a great crew. Many chefs to learn from and mentor with.
Excellent benefits and pay, with side perks like an onsite gym. A fun place to be.
Fast Learning Workplace
HOUSEKEEPER/FLOOR ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  3355 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109June 18, 2017
Everyday was a new learning experience. As I progressed in the knowledge of what my position represented I also progressed my pace, work ethic and character.
Pros
Learning
Nice Place to work odd guests
Box Office Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2017
A nice place to work. Management can be stressful but that happens when you work on the strip. It really depends on which department your are working in. If you have to deal with guests be very patient.
eh
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJMay 5, 2017
the pay really well, but overall its physically demanding and tedious and an aggravating job. The staff is very friendly though, you get along with everyone rather quickly.
Pros
sometimes they feed you, very well pay, tips
Cons
no benefits, no security, inconsistent hours, overbearing management and physically exhausting
The Venetian
Waitstaff/Cook (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJApril 13, 2017
A lot of hard work and effort has to be put in. Pay is great and a raise is almost guaranteed. Lunch is provided for the staff. As a waiter/waitress you can make a lot of extra money off tips.
Fun job with plenty of opportunities
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2017
Very friendly team environment with the opportunity to make tips. Guest are very friendly for the most part. Management was always professional and willing to help.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/a
Love working here! Love the people! Love the customers! Love the FOOOD!!
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Poker room, Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2017
Wonderful company, great work environment and would NEVER leave this place, if I stood a chance in a million, to become a pokerdealer here "full-time".

Think that when it comes to "my turn", I´ll already be over 70 years old.
:p

Would never even THINK about leaving this place, if not for the lack of hours and the seniority scale that moves SOOOO SLOOOOW!

I need more hours of work, so I can earn FMLA, and I need a STEADY FULLTIME JOB.

Kindst Regards/// Britt E Korsman
Pros
Great food, friendly staff, well educated managers, clean and FUN environmentronment
Cons
Not enough chance to get the hours I need for benefits.
work at the Venetian was fun
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJJanuary 16, 2017
The work was honestly, the co workers were friendly and very helpful. The people in charged or management were also working on the ground floor with the rest of the employes. I'll say the hardest part about the job was carrying all the glass cups and plates back and forth without the thought of dropping it. the most enjoyable part about the job was looking at all the clients smile and having a good time.
Pros
pay was good co workers helpful
Cons
long hours sometimes
Health Insurance
Leisure Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2016
The company does a great job of giving benefits to the employees. However, management for the most part have toxic attitudes and mostly people aren't trying to improve their job life or others, they are simply surviving in hopes for another paycheck and another month of amazing health insurance. The walking dead.
Pros
health Insurance and team member dining rooms
Cons
Nobody there is happy hardly
Be nervous all the time because most managers are uneducated and scared to lose their jobs
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2016
If you hide out all the time and never try to excel you will be there a long time however if you go to school and get educated you are looked at as a threat and will be ran out of there.
Pros
Free lunch and gym
Cons
Managers are constantly scared because they were juiced in and have no prior education