Venezia Transport Employee Reviews in United States

run hard for nothing
Driver (Former Employee) –  LimerickMay 15, 2015
If your on the buddy list your good. They have a driver who hit the tollbooth with Trailer and still driving for them. If your not on the Buddy list don't screw up, they like to "Blackball" their Drivers. I was told about this the first three months in and experience first hand when I applied for a good paying local driving job. I pass road test was even told the job was mine. The following day it was shot down cause of this company. If you have no experience driving tractor trailer, this company is a good stepping stone to get it. Get your 1yr experience and start looking elsewhere.
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
to much time vested for money earn
Multiple Pay Issues w/ Local Job and no hourly pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  SwedesboroSeptember 1, 2014
As with many of the local positions that dont pay hourly, as a driver you wind up being at work, on the job, behind the wheel and are putting hours in For FREE. Cant think of any other industry where employees are asked to work for free. This is the main reason these companies are recruiting non-stop. Whether its burning time checking in, waiting to load nor unload, traffic and congestion, road construction, the list is long. A top Class A driver will always find a good position that pays hourly. When you consider what you lose in pay once you cross 40hrs, its a huge loss in income. There are literally weeks at a time where you could divide your gross into hrs worked and its around 14/ hr. To drive a Class A vehicle, often with HAZMAT, at anywhere near that is crimanal. I started at 16.34/hr plus OT over 40 back in 1998. I'm not looking to make less 16Years later.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
pay structure
Excellent
CSR/Planner York/Hagerstown Dry Bulk Division (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMarch 30, 2016
Excellent Co. to work for, challenging and rewarding. This is the annoying part about applying online, face to face is always best.23 words.
not employee oriented
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 20, 2015
They only care about them selfs. As said in another post working here as a mechanic they don't give you anything to work with. You have to buy everything yourself and if you tell them there is a problem they say there is not and what they say is wrong with it is true. They don't belive anyone but them selves. I said i had another job offer given to me and they said they don't care. I didn't even give notice and they are advertising for a new mechanic already. I know when i get a new job they won't get a 2 week notice.
Pros
health insurance cost
Cons
attention to detail and respect to employees
Awfull company.
Driver (Former Employee) –  OTROctober 14, 2015
If I stated everything that is wrong with this company I would sound crazy as a loon!Venezia Is setting itself up for a wrongful death suit.Horrible bunch of people.They stoled $700 from me.I was lied to on numerous occasions about how I would be paid.They live by the axiom that if you repeat a lie often enough it will become the truth!
Pros
I lived long enough to leave!
Cons
unsafe equipment. illegal dispatches. culture of lies and deception
this company is a joke and will use you
diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  nazareth, paMay 19, 2013
if you are a mechanic, dont bother!! no one is ever good enough for venezia and they will fire you in a second. they wont help with even buying a pair of boots, as for shop tools..good luck have fun buying every large tool yourself. run by nothing but scum mafia. if you want a job look elsewhere. you dont get payed enough to exist..a 10 cent raise a year thats all you get and thats before taxes
Pros
zero
Team work to get the job done
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJanuary 8, 2016
Clean and professional environment with positive attitudes. Everyone works together with the respect to other co-workers.
Pleasant personalities help make the job enjoyable to be there.
Excellent company to work for, family atmosphere
Driver (Current Employee) –  NazarethApril 22, 2015
Working for this company has been great. Equipment is good and the atmosphere is family. Ownership is involved with daily operations so you know they care. Maintenance department does a great job with equipment, the mechanics all seem like they love their job and so do the dispatchers. Overall great family company to work for, THEY REALLY DO CARE and will work with you in any way possible.
Pros
Family business, they care, great pay
Cons
long hours (as usual for this industry)
Recruiting Supervisor
Recruiting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PANovember 7, 2012
I managed a staff of anywhere from 0 to 3 at any given time, I placed and composed all newspaper advertising. I processed applications and took phone calls from potential company drivers and told them about the job. I scheduled orientations as well as pre-employment drug screens and physicals. I also arranged transportation to orientation.
Pros
interaction with staff and applicants, the management at venezia, the challenges of the job itself.
Cons
none. i would have never left but i thought i was going to a better position.
ok as a beginners job
diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJApril 22, 2015
they under pay everyone. they don't care if you have a home life. they will work you to death. they have a one bay shop but expect four mechanics to work out of it. most of the foremans don't know what they are doing
Cons
cameras, overwork, dont care about home life, dont care about the mechanics, under pay everyone
good people to work for
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAAugust 10, 2012
nice trucks, good loads but didnt like traveling to the north east
N/a
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAJune 26, 2013
1 00 %Hardworker I learn how to work others around different inviroment they were very professonial coworkers were very nice hardestfinnish getting paid
Pros
they run good
Cons
they got slow