Venterra Realty

Venterra Realty Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work and Energized.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), OrlandoMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: Nothing
Venterra is a great company to work for. I did enjoyed working for them and my job duties. Mostly my experience with the residents and prospecst that I would miss.

May 11, 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review! We always strive to create the best possible employee experience, so it's great to know that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you again and take care.

Awesome company!
Property Manager (Current Employee), FloridaApril 2, 2015
Great values but work hard! Love the WOW program, co-workers are genuine, regional can be a little abrasive, Love the residents!

April 7, 2015

Thank you for your review! It's so great to hear that your experiences with us have been positive overall, that you've enjoyed your coworkers and residents, and that our values are in line with yours! – more... The WOW program is definitely a favorite of many of us.

In the spirit of our Core Value of "Candor and Openness" we definitely want to encourage you to speak up to an appropriate person whenever you come across something that can be improved within the company, our policies, or our teams. We want our employees to be as happy as possible and having open dialogues about any and all concerns is critical to making it happen! Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts! – less

Fun workplace
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of many prospects as well as problems with tenants such as work orders or just unhappy tenants. My coworkers were easy to get along with and we worked very well as a team. – more... I learned that for the most part, management cared about the employees but they seemed to be cutting back on commissions when I was leaving. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the angry people who came in, but the most enjoyable part was helping some of the people who came in. – less

October 17, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! It sounds like you enjoyed your coworkers and role overall during your time with us. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid all upset folks in a customer – more... service focused role, but we're glad to hear that working with people was the best part of the role, too. We're all about finding "people people" to join our teams!

While the commission structure has changed once or twice in the past we definitely strive to remain competitive within the industry. This means not only maintaining a focus on our residents and prospects, but also on our employees, so thanks for your input on this front as well! Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review. Best of luck to you in the future!

-Venterra Realty, Recruiting Department – less

Fun place to work
Property Manager/ Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: i learned so much about accounting as well as management
Cons: the turn around of the leasing agents
My typical day as an Assistant Property Manager would be to deal with the resident problems and post all rent checks. My typical day as a Property Manager would be looking after the property issues as well as all of the residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is mentoring the leasing agents.

October 17, 2014

Thanks so much for your review! It's great to hear that you learned a lot and enjoyed your time with us, especially mentoring others! We're always focusing on ways to improve our recruiting and employee – more... retention to cut down on turn over wherever possible, and we anticipate continuing to see improvements with this in all of our positions as we move forward. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts!

-Venterra Realty, Recruiting Department – less

Na
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio TXApril 3, 2014
Venterra is a fun and great company to work for. Very understanding management but pay is not ideal

May 19, 2014

Thank you for your response! We are excited to hear that you enjoy working for Venterra. We are currently reviewing pay scales. Venterra strives to stay competitive with pay & benefits!

Fast paced work enviornment with fantastic staff
Property Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2013
No day was ever the same and there was always tons to do! I learned so much about myself while managing this Community and the staff. I polished my Customer Service skills and replaced 8 outside staff – more... members during the busiest part of the year, Q3. My co-workers made work fun and I thoroughly enjoyed being at work! The hardest part of the job was definitely the staffing issues and I mostly enjoyed handling resident complaints. I feel really comfortable in these types of situations and learned that mostly people just want someone to talk to. I'm definitely a better person and a better Leader for having tackled this challenge! – less

June 11, 2014

Thank you for your response! We are glad to hear that your time with Venterra was enjoyable & that you learned a lot. Venterra is a company that values its employees' development and growth.

Very frustrating place to work
Make Ready Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: discount on rent at any company property, quarterly bonuses
Cons: not having a manager who is committed to the property
Typical day would be to do my make ready and the many other things that i were asked to help out with. What i learned was how to prioritize my day to help out my co workers , maintenance manager included – more... and still get my job done. Management was great on a co worker boss level but the actual management decisions made my job a little bit harder and more frustrating. Loved my co workers they were the best. Hardest part of my job was having enough time to give them a perfectly turned unit but still being there for my co workers when called upon. The most enjoyable part of my job was all the overtime i would get paid for being on call it was a lot of work but more money for my family is always a good thing. – less

June 11, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience with Venterra wasn't as expected. We recognize all feedback to benefit in making Venterra a better environment for its employees.

Early mornings and long nights...
Property Manager Houston (Former Employee), La Porte, TXAugust 1, 2013
I made sure i kept the residents happy and and I made sure rent was taken in and sent to the bank. I gave the residents incentives like parties.

June 11, 2014

Thank you for your response! We are glad that your experience with Venterra was enjoyable.

Great place to work!
Corporate (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2013
Pros: upbeat environment, good work/life balance, training & education opportunities, benefits package, open communication, family friendly, quarterly bonus, paid holidays, promote from within, 20% discount at all venterra properties for ft employees
Cons: no real downside to working for venterra.
Venterra is a great company to work for. They truly believe & practice their core values. Employees are rewarded based on their performance. Great training program & a fun work environment.

June 11, 2014

Thank you for your response! We are excited to know that you are enjoying working for Venterra & love the culture!

Productive,
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 24, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Ensured continuous training and compliance of standard operating procedures among staff members

June 11, 2014

Thank you for your response! We are glad that your experience with Venterra was a good one! Venterra values its employees' career development, which includes continuous training - Venterra Realty, Recruiting Manager

Great company to work for.
Property Manager 592 Units (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 8, 2012
Pros: everything about the company.
Offer good benefits, room for advacement and the pay structure is above market averages.

June 11, 2014

Thank you for your response! We are glad that you enjoyed working for Venterra - Venterra Realty, Recruiting Manager

About Venterra Realty

Venterra Realty is the owner/operator of multi-family apartments focused on the Sunbelt States with properties located in Texas, – Read more

Venterra Realty Salaries