Venterra Realty Employee Reviews

Venterra is great.
BETTER LIVING MANAGER (APM) (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 25, 2017
Venterra is my favorite management company I have worked for, great culture and a very supportive Regional Team. They have so many great ideas on giving back to the employees like getting your birthday off, bring your dog to work days, 401k, and good health insurance.
Pros
401K, Birthday off, Venterra Cares, Bring your dog to work day, Fun Fridays
July 31, 2017

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear you've enjoyed your time on the team! There's always room to improve, so please be sure to speak up or submit a "Better Way" if you do have any suggestions on how we can make that happen. Thank you again for the feedback!

Cut throat management.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TX 77713July 22, 2017
Do trust anything you say to anyone in the company. Even the most inocent coment will be turned around and used against you if it fits their purpose. Do not expect upper management to have your back because they wont.
Pros
Can't think of a single one
Cons
Lie, use things against you that you have no control over, no job security
July 24, 2017

While we appreciate your feedback, we're sorry to hear that your experience on the team was as negative as it was. We aim to create a positive experience for our residents and employees alike and aren't accustomed to seeing reviews as negative as this one come through often, so would love to have a few more details regarding your concerns. Having a better understanding of the situation(s) that led to your negative impression will help us to make any necessary changes to our prevent current or future employees from having the same takeaways. We would love if you could take a moment to send us an email or call us directly to discuss further. Thank you again for taking a moment to share your thoughts here.

Nice company to work for
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 12, 2017
I really appreciated the amount of time they put into training. I felt well equipped to perform my job and see to it that I did everything as it should've been done.

I just wish they would see to it that management also partakes in continued training and doesn't get complacent with their position. Insuring that they do their jobs as property managers/assistant property managers and not pass off things to those beneath them.
July 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experiences here. We're happy to hear that your time with us was positive overall. We aim to create a positive experience for our residents and employees alike, and that definitely means making sure we're providing the training and resources our employees need to be successful and thrive on our teams. While we do have courses and get-togethers geared specifically to our "Experience Leaders," there's always room to improve on this front. Even as a formal employee we'd still love to hear any specific suggestions you have that might help us do better in this area. Please don't hesitate to give us a call or shoot us an email so we can discuss in more detail! Thanks again for the review.

Caring, poductive, innovative comapny
Senior Property Manager/ Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2017
The company overall is one of the best companies I have worked for. They truly care about their employees and they definitely try to promote a fun environment at work.
July 5, 2017

Thank you for the feedback! It's great reading that your experience with us has been as positive as it has. Please be sure to speak up if you do have any specific suggestions on how we can further improve. Thanks again for the review here!

The most enjoyable part of the job
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing prospects become residents and welcoming them to their new home. We would host events at our clubhouse to create that sense of community.
February 20, 2017

We appreciate your review and are happy to hear that your time on the team was positive overall! It's always a blast finding the right home for a new resident and we're all about keeping our communities tight knit through resident activities. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts here!

Great place to work!
Better Living Manager (Current Employee) –  North DallasJanuary 22, 2017
Venterra Realty is an amazing place to work. The company is ran like a well-oiled machine. As an employee your voice is heard. Venterra has several options available that make an incredible work life balance.
Pros
Paid birthday off, Paid time to volunteer, Ample amount of PTO, room for promotion, and plenty of training to get there.
January 30, 2017

Thanks so much for sharing your review! We're so happy to hear that you've seen and appreciated our focus on employee experience during your time on the team and have enjoyed the initiatives that make us unique in the industry. Please be sure to speak up or submit a Better Way idea if you do come across an area for improvement. There's always room to make our culture even better! Thank you again for your feedback!

Try it for yourself
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Venterra and appreciate all that I learned while I was there. I was able to grow as an employee and an individual during my stay and can say without a doubt that they had an impact on my perception of the industry.
January 9, 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to share your thoughts here! We aim to create as positive of an employee experience as we do a resident experience, so are happy to hear you were able to grow during your time with us and had a great experience on the team. We're always on the look out for ways to improve, so if you have any specific suggestions that could better the Venterra employee experience, further, we'd still love to hear from you, so feel free to reach out to us directly. Thank you again for your review!

Rated one of the best workplaces to work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 31, 2016
This company welcomed me with open arms. Everyone knows or acknowledges one another. No one is looked over. Everyone seems to be very enthusiastic.
January 5, 2017

We appreciate your review and are so happy to hear that your experiences with us have been so positive! We're looking forward to seeing you grow with us into the future. Please be sure to speak up or submit a Better Way if you spot areas for improvement. Thank you again!

Values
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 9, 2016
Venterra values and appreciates their residents. Employees are given a fair balance of work and life. They are on the lower end of pay scale but worth being around constant training and supportive coworkers.
Pros
Customer service is priority
Cons
Low pay scale
October 10, 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review! It's great to read about your positive experiences during your time with us. While we do feel like our unique culture helps us stand out from other companies in the industry, it's still important that our expectations for employees is in line with the pay we are offering them. We've made some recent changes in pay level and use industry salary benchmark studies to help us remain competitive on this front, as well, but there can still definitely be times when we might not be quite aligned with employees' expectations. To this end, we encourage conversations with supervisors on the topic at any time during employment. Thank you again for your review and for your time spent on the Venterra Team!

Best Company Ever!
Irving, TX Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Venterra was like a home to me. I grew so much while working at Venterra. My 10 years of tenure were the best. I take with me the best memories. Employees have a voice. We are able to suggest better ways and they would get implemented. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people. The hardest was the day my property sold. I learned so many leadership skills, how to form a great team, techniques on hiring the right people. With Venterra, we always worked hard and played hard. Employees received recognition and yearly awards.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great People
Cons
Open Sundays
January 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review here! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your team, learning opportunities, and our unique initiatives during your time with the company. We appreciate all of your contributions during your years on the team and are already missing you! Thank you again for sharing your experiences!

Not a fun place to work
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXDecember 26, 2015
Well after reading the reviews on this page it seems to me that if you work in the maintenance department with this company you won't be a happy camper , like always leasing , leasing , leasing is always the problem , why because they get a commission for every apartment they rent so they don't care how is done they just think about the commission , the thing is that if the supervisor don't put his foot down and let the property manager what's going on then there's always going to be a problem, that's why I'm looking to get a career change this maintenance job is not worth it any more , they over work you for a low pay and expect excellence, maintenance do the dirty work and management gets the congrats when in fact maintenance should be getting a better pay rate one thing I don't understand is why when a resident re sign a new lease the leasing department gets a bonus for that when in fact maintenance should get it because the ones that keep the residents happy is the maintenance department when doing a work order to the residents satisfaction , all leasing do is show the apartment do the paperwork and that's it after that is maintenance job to keep the residents happy so they can stay
Cons
Overwork
January 6, 2016

While we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, we're truly sorry to hear that you left us unhappy. We always aim to create positive experiences for both our customers and our employees, regardless of their role with us. Although we do have a number of policies and procedures in place to help ensure that we are working towards this end, they, unfortunately, can still sometimes fall short. When they do, we encourage employees to discuss concerns with their direct manager, or, if this isn't an option, make a report through EthicsPoint (a 3rd party company that allows employees to anonymously raise concerns.)

We definitely do have high expectations for all of our employees, but we aim to provide compensation that is in line with responsibilities. We don’t get this right in every situation, but overall we measure ourselves against industry compensation benchmarks and continue to make adjustments as needed. When it comes to renewal bonuses you're absolutely right! Our maintenance teams play a HUGE role in retaining residents who want to call our communities home, so our renewal bonuses actually are split up across the team quarterly. We feel it's fair for inside staff to enjoy these bonuses, as well, as they also play a huge part in maintaining positive resident relationships.

We'd like to encourage you to reach out to us directly at recruiting@venterraliving.com so we can make sure that we have a full understanding of the specific concerns that you had during your tenure with us. Having a clear picture of these issues will help ensure that we have done our best  more... to address each of them so they don't repeat with current or future employees. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.  less

High expectations low pay Joke
Apartment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2015
I spent years learning this trade throughout high school working for the family at a complex and turn key company for family. After 4 years as a semi truck mechanic I decided I wanted to go to maintenance as it had been a good career to my dad. With no Official "work history" in the business they hired me at 11 an hr as a porter with promise for 90 days evaluation and raise . I turned apartments, took call 1/3 weeks, diagnosed and repaired ac units , replaced repaired water heaters ,repaired dishwasher anything you'd expect a tech to do. After a year (not 90 days) they offered me a 36 cent raise . Then I left . You can't pay people dirt and expect gold from them .
Pros
minor discount on rent if you live on site
Cons
low pay, over worked under appreciated
December 7, 2015

We appreciate your taking the time to provide a review, but are sorry to hear that your experience wasn't as positive as it should have been with us. We will always strive to offer pay that is fair, competitive, and in line with an employee's prior experience, current responsibilities, and company expectations. However, there can still definitely be times when there is a misalignment between expectations and reality. While our evaluations are definitely a great time for us to look at pay raises, our goal of creating amazing employee experiences means we also ask employees to have open discussions with their manager on this topic (or any other) whenever they see fit.

In your case, it sounds like you had an open conversation early on about adjusting pay to be more in line with a technician role, but didn't see a promise followed through on in the way that you had expected. This is definitely something that we don't want repeated with employees in the future, so we'd like to encourage you to reach out to us directly at recruiting@venterraliving.com so that we can gather the details of your specific experience. This will allow us an opportunity to make sure we've taken the appropriate steps to remedy any issue. Thank you again for sharing your personal experience with us.

Loved the people I worked with
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 11, 2015
At the property where I worked we were like a family. We always pitched in together to get the job done. This company searches out the best they can find in our field to help them grow and develop their company into an industry leader.
Pros
Very positive place to work
Cons
have to work weekends
November 13, 2015

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide a review! We're so happy to hear that your time with us was positive overall and that you enjoyed your coworkers as well as our company culture. Thanks again!

Don't Waste Your Time
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 22, 2015
You are somebody else's property when you work here. The leasing agents are the people who determines your job . If they tell you something stupid to do you do it other wise get FIRED! Everybody demands you to do everything in a short time limit. There isn't much staff but there is always a disagreement between leasing and maintenance
Pros
Generally work alone, but that's good.
Cons
No family time off.
October 26, 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review, but are sorry to hear that you ran into some negative experiences at your community. While we do set a high bar for the expectations of our employees, we also strive strive for each of our communities to foster a team oriented environment where amazing employee experiences happen. We're disappointed to hear that's not what you experienced.

We take our time to recruit and hire individuals who are a good culture fit in order to avoid terminations down the road. To this end there should also always be multiple conversations taking place before we get to that point. If this wasn't the case for you or you feel like there are specific areas of improvement that we need to be aware of we'd like for you to reach out to us directly so we can further discuss the specifics. Although you might no longer be with the company, we would love your insight so we can work to create a better experience for any current employee who might be feeling the same way.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We're looking forward to hearing from you directly.

Perfect balance of professionalism and fun
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2015
Venterra was an amazing company to work for. I looked forward to going to work everyday and was never in a rush to leave. The company sets very specific standards and guidelines that creates a fair and consistent environment. There is ample room for growth, personally and professionally. I definitely walked away from the company a stronger employee than when I began.

The company does an excellent job choosing its staff. My entire office had a more collaborative feel than any other company I have ever worked for. We were all willing to pitch in and pick up slack where it was needed. Even company wide meetings created the same feeling. It never ceased to amaze me that a company managed to hire so many positive, goal orientated people.

My days flew by. There was always ample work to do. As a result, I learned the importance of organizing information effectively, communicating every detail, multitasking, and prioritizing my days. You gain a great since of accomplishment when you can check off the list of goals that you started your day with.

The hardest part of the job, by far, was conflict resolution. You are the face of the company. As a result, you are the first person a prospect or resident deals with and it is very important that you deal with their issues constructively. Thankfully, Venterra gives you an enormous amount or resources to work with. They put the power to solve problems in your hands without you having to climb up a ladder to get the issue resolve. More likely than not, you have the power as an employee to say yes, within reasonable limitation.

Overall,
  more... I cannot think of anything I did not love about the company. Every position has its pros and cons, but the pros outweighed the cons by a long shot.  less
Pros
Great staff; benefits; organized professional company; company wide fun days
Cons
Regular "shops" that determine compensation
July 21, 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review and are so glad to hear that your time spent with us was such a positive experience! We do our best to create a great work environment and culture across the portfolio, so it's great to know that you saw the results during your tenure with the company.If you ever know of anyone who you feel might be a good fit for the culture you describe, be sure to send them over so we can get a referral bonus your way! Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts here.

Very fun place to work and Energized.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  OrlandoMay 5, 2015
Venterra is a great company to work for. I did enjoyed working for them and my job duties. Mostly my experience with the residents and prospecst that I would miss.
Pros
Great company
May 11, 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review! We always strive to create the best possible employee experience, so it's great to know that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you again and take care.

Awesome company!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 2, 2015
Great values but work hard! Love the WOW program, co-workers are genuine, regional can be a little abrasive, Love the residents!
April 7, 2015

Thank you for your review! It's so great to hear that your experiences with us have been positive overall, that you've enjoyed your coworkers and residents, and that our values are in line with yours! The WOW program is definitely a favorite of many of us.

In the spirit of our Core Value of "Candor and Openness" we definitely want to encourage you to speak up to an appropriate person whenever you come across something that can be improved within the company, our policies, or our teams. We want our employees to be as happy as possible and having open dialogues about any and all concerns is critical to making it happen! Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Used and Abused
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXNovember 6, 2014
Venterra is a company that I truly believed in and loved in the beginning. After a few months though, it was clear that the "core values" of the company were a joke. My coworkers were constantly breaking Fair Housing, which I was punished for because I continually brought it to upper management. We were required to work almost a full hour a day that we were not compensated for. Managers forced me to allow residents to move in to apartments that were infested with roaches. What's worse is they would blame it on me when the new resident complained.
The best way to convey the unprofessional manor in which Venterra deals with employee problems- A resident complained to the PM about the APM asking her to dance on the table in exchange for her balance due. This was after the APM had several complaints about breaking Fair Housing. What was done, you ask? NOTHING. She didn't even get an apology.
ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.
Pros
20% ridiculously priced rent to be on-call for free 24/7
Cons
Losing your values
November 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. You're correct - the situations that you discuss in your review are absolutely out of line with our values. We would very much appreciate it if you would please reach out to us directly at recruiting@venterraliving.com as soon as possible so that we can discuss the full details with you in person or over the phone. We are always looking for ways to better the company and having as much information as possible regarding your experiences will help us to take action to do so. Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review.

June 6, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here. While your review is definitely very atypical, you hit on a lot of items here that we consider completely unacceptable as you've described them. Please contact us at recruiting@venterralviing.com so we can make sure that we are able to fully understand your concerns and so we can make sure that we've taken all necessary actions to address them. Thank you again for sharing your experiences here.

Fun workplace
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of many prospects as well as problems with tenants such as work orders or just unhappy tenants. My coworkers were easy to get along with and we worked very well as a team. I learned that for the most part, management cared about the employees but they seemed to be cutting back on commissions when I was leaving. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the angry people who came in, but the most enjoyable part was helping some of the people who came in.
October 17, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! It sounds like you enjoyed your coworkers and role overall during your time with us. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid all upset folks in a customer service focused role, but we're glad to hear that working with people was the best part of the role, too. We're all about finding "people people" to join our teams!

While the commission structure has changed once or twice in the past we definitely strive to remain competitive within the industry. This means not only maintaining a focus on our residents and prospects, but also on our employees, so thanks for your input on this front as well! Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review. Best of luck to you in the future!

Fun place to work
Property Manager/ Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
My typical day as an Assistant Property Manager would be to deal with the resident problems and post all rent checks. My typical day as a Property Manager would be looking after the property issues as well as all of the residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is mentoring the leasing agents.
Pros
I learned so much about accounting as well as management
Cons
The turn around of the leasing agents
October 17, 2014

Thanks so much for your review! It's great to hear that you learned a lot and enjoyed your time with us, especially mentoring others! We're always focusing on ways to improve our recruiting and employee retention to cut down on turn over wherever possible, and we anticipate continuing to see improvements with this in all of our positions as we move forward. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts!

-Venterra Realty, Recruiting Department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venterra Realty. Our community is ready to answer.