Vention Medical Employee Reviews

productive
Assembler Technician/Lead (Former Employee) –  malborough, maMay 1, 2017
very productive company, need improvement on management, typical day required to meet goals per day/week, workplace is friendly and so are the people.
Great place to gain experience
Contract Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 22, 2017
Its a great place to get experience in any and all aspects of engineering and operations. Whether it be a sustaining project or new product launch there is always enough to keep you from being bored.They preach quality and do their best to stand by it.
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 28, 2017
Great management. Understanding and I was always busy. Very hard working and must pay attention to detail also very organized. Punctuality is key.
Works with college students
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 21, 2016
Works well if your college student or need extra money by being a weekend warrior you work weekend and can pick up additional hours if you need more money.
Face paced and hard work
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 26, 2016
Vention medical is a good company to work for and has good opportunities. Unfortunately Vention's compensation is low and the work is mind numbing. There is some advancement, but not as much for those that want to work hard. Although these are a negative impact the work environment is friendly and up beat. Management is great and they communicate changes frequently. Also the after work activities helps create a family feel for the company. I would recommend this company for anyone that enjoys working with good people.
Pros
Friendly staff, Good communication, and Personal time off
Cons
Low pay, long hours, and mind numbing work
more productive , very interesting the product
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 20, 2016
Every day I come early to make sure everything is ready for our work group. Ask my supervisor which job is priority to support the final assembly.
The product is call Endovascular stent graftings. The product need two kinds of Aortic and Iliac stent grafts. I learned from all sub assembly to final assembly. I'm very happy that certified all procedure. Because my previous job was no chance to learn.
Supervisor and engineer are always meeting with our group and how to improve quality, make more productive, and reduce scrap the part.
We are very good team work and always help each other.
Loading the part sub assembly is very difficult to build.
we always finished our goal in timely manner, so the management team treat breakfast or lunch most the time.
Pros
free lunch, breakfast
Cons
free massage and free medical check up
A Day at Vention Medical
Assembly & Kitting
Assembly Equipment and Automation
Packaging
Supply Chain & Sterilization Management
Pros
drinks are 25 cent in the break room. paid break
Cons
short break
nice
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJuly 5, 2016
Nice place to work for, clean, well organized and well air conditioned.
This is big when working in Texas.
Positive work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 2, 2016
This is a stable company with an excellent foundation. They invest a lot of time into their employees, and encourage growth for their dedicated employees.
Pros
Positive enviroment, that fosters growth.
No structure/mentorship/poor management
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 2, 2016
The company is stretched thin - expected to wear many hats with not much help. Guidance and mentor ship is severely lacking. no sense of camaraderie between employees - mostly a I'll do my job and you do yours attitude. Terribly unfriendly!
Pros
experience
Cons
everything else
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJApril 26, 2016
Good place to work for experience.
You need to be flexible and multitask
Company runs 24/7.
The hardest part of the job is rotation on you schedule.
miss Atek...with Ventionmedical does not care about night Crew
quality technician (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJanuary 12, 2016
This company is all corporate. I worked for several years when It was not corporate and WAY better company. NOW they do no care about their employees especially night Crew. Say they are compensated but really not for extremely hard work they do for them. They spread everyone too thin and some get so overwhelmed that there will be errors. They break policy a lot and then find someone to take the fall while others admit to not caring and they only get suspension. So unless your a favorite you will be set up to fail even though you work hard, dedicated, have continuous improvement ethics. New Management in Quality is so bad that since they have started they have been late to almost every meeting and they never even came on night shift. Always had to change my hours to meet with them and since they started never really had but one dept meeting and changing policies and processes whenever they want.
Pros
Good pay, friendly coworkers
Cons
spread to thin, management doesn't really listen, takes several times and when you question management your set up to fail.
Enjoyable
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  620 Watson Grand Rapids MIJanuary 5, 2016
Loved working here very clean and to the point job. Very detailed, must be able to read and understand instruction, not many instructions are given verbally you must read and identify specs. Computer friendly.
Pros
clean enviornment
Love being able to solve problems as they arise.
MEDICAL ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 17, 2015
Come in to work in the morning, clean my work area, see if I need any material for inventory for that day, begin my duties. If problems arise that I think I can solve will do what I can, and if still having issues will get the engineering team involved. Communicate well with engineering staff on progress being made. Train employees working on the project that need training.
Pros
Work hard, play hard attitude.
Cons
Have to bring problems to light many times before a solution is brought up.
Expectations are higher than reality
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 14, 2015
Workplace has several pros and cons. Pros of workplace include friendly co-workers, extreme amounts of overtime, learning new material everyday. Cons of company includes extreme amounts of overtime, attendance policy is not as willing to accommodate with employees, constant strain and stress of the job.
Long days
Clean Room Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2015
This employer pushes the workers very hard. They require you to work 10 hour days, six days a week for long periods of time. The employees are tired.
Good company to work
Operations Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTAugust 31, 2015
I worked at Vention Medical - CT for 12 years. I really enjoyed working with amazing people,. It has good benefits but It was too bad that they decided to close the manufacturing here and relocate to NJ.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Continuous change Managment
Its different ,stationary . Its great .
Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Vega Baja, PRJune 30, 2015
A typical day starts off by reporting to group leader, getting instructions as to what machine I would handle and begin operating machinery. I've learned to work an assembly line and have managed to dominate different types of machines in short time.

Co-workers here are really great people , they make sure to answer any doubts thus guiding me thru the training process of different tasks.

The most enjoyable part of this job has been the opportunity to train in the manufacturing industry.
Clean Workplace
Inspector/Boxer (Former Employee) –  Watson StMay 14, 2015
Inspect medical devices for particular matter, print is good, seals are fine. Also box them in a specific order to get shipped out
Vention Medical
Packing (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Inspection of Medical Devices
Packing and boxing medical devices
Standing on a assembly Line
Cleaing
Working with a computer on the assembly line

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vention Medical. Our community is ready to answer.