Vention Medical Employee Reviews in United States

miss Atek...with Ventionmedical does not care about night Crew
quality technician (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJanuary 12, 2016
This company is all corporate. I worked for several years when It was not corporate and WAY better company. NOW they do no care about their employees especially night Crew. Say they are compensated but really not for extremely hard work they do for them. They spread everyone too thin and some get so overwhelmed that there will be errors. They break policy a lot and then find someone to take the fall while others admit to not caring and they only get suspension. So unless your a favorite you will be set up to fail even though you work hard, dedicated, have continuous improvement ethics. New Management in Quality is so bad that since they have started they have been late to almost every meeting and they never even came on night shift. Always had to change my hours to meet with them and since they started never really had but one dept meeting and changing policies and processes whenever they want.
Pros
Good pay, friendly coworkers
Cons
spread to thin, management doesn't really listen, takes several times and when you question management your set up to fail.
Good company to work
Operations Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTAugust 31, 2015
I worked at Vention Medical - CT for 12 years. I really enjoyed working with amazing people,. It has good benefits but It was too bad that they decided to close the manufacturing here and relocate to NJ.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Continuous change Managment
Love being able to solve problems as they arise.
MEDICAL ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 17, 2015
Come in to work in the morning, clean my work area, see if I need any material for inventory for that day, begin my duties. If problems arise that I think I can solve will do what I can, and if still having issues will get the engineering team involved. Communicate well with engineering staff on progress being made. Train employees working on the project that need training.
Pros
Work hard, play hard attitude.
Cons
Have to bring problems to light many times before a solution is brought up.
No structure/mentorship/poor management
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 2, 2016
The company is stretched thin - expected to wear many hats with not much help. Guidance and mentor ship is severely lacking. no sense of camaraderie between employees - mostly a I'll do my job and you do yours attitude. Terribly unfriendly!
Pros
experience
Cons
everything else
Positive work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 2, 2016
This is a stable company with an excellent foundation. They invest a lot of time into their employees, and encourage growth for their dedicated employees.
Pros
Positive enviroment, that fosters growth.
Enjoyable
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  620 Watson Grand Rapids MIJanuary 5, 2016
Loved working here very clean and to the point job. Very detailed, must be able to read and understand instruction, not many instructions are given verbally you must read and identify specs. Computer friendly.
Pros
clean enviornment
Expectations are higher than reality
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 14, 2015
Workplace has several pros and cons. Pros of workplace include friendly co-workers, extreme amounts of overtime, learning new material everyday. Cons of company includes extreme amounts of overtime, attendance policy is not as willing to accommodate with employees, constant strain and stress of the job.
Its different ,stationary . Its great .
Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Vega Baja, PRJune 30, 2015
A typical day starts off by reporting to group leader, getting instructions as to what machine I would handle and begin operating machinery. I've learned to work an assembly line and have managed to dominate different types of machines in short time.

Co-workers here are really great people , they make sure to answer any doubts thus guiding me thru the training process of different tasks.

The most enjoyable part of this job has been the opportunity to train in the manufacturing industry.
Long days
Clean Room Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2015
This employer pushes the workers very hard. They require you to work 10 hour days, six days a week for long periods of time. The employees are tired.
Great Company to Work For
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 22, 2014
This was the most enjoyable job I've ever had. I had to move away from the location for family reasons, and I miss it everyday. I was treated wonderfully everyday I worked there. The management was extremely fair and engaged, and I felt strongly the company cared about the health and wellbeing of the employees. The work was steady, the customers were demanding like all customers are, but the teams I work with were fun, outgoing and got things done. I am certain Vention will be the best job I will ever have. I wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
great people, autonomy, leadership, work environment, respectful, product line
Cons
limited locations to the mid-west and northeast
Great place to work if not on 3rd shift in Clean Rm 1
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand RapidsOctober 25, 2014
If you love doing something that is very rewarding and will possibly one save someone's life then Vention is for you but on Watson on 3rd shift in Clean 1 and 2 you might want to stay clear and ask to be sent to another area because they are always behind which is very stressful. The 3rd shift Utility Clerk is very mean and unprofessional. She does not like temps and plays favorite with some of her full time employees. The people training sometimes do not want to be bothered so your left to figure it out. There is way too much drama. If you have no choice for that room then go in don't talk, do your work and go home.
Pros
free pop and popcorn on every 1st fri of the month. employee drawings for gift cards.
Cons
unpaid breaks, poor trainers, unprofessional utility clerk.
Clean Workplace
Inspector/Boxer (Former Employee) –  Watson StMay 14, 2015
Inspect medical devices for particular matter, print is good, seals are fine. Also box them in a specific order to get shipped out
Academic Project
Academic Project: Labor Efficiency Improvement (Former Employee) –  Vega Baja, PRJanuary 29, 2015
Opportunity for academic project, good working environment with peers willing to explain and help to understand the process plant. The hardest part was the need to learn a lot in a short time.
Vention Medical
Packing (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Inspection of Medical Devices
Packing and boxing medical devices
Standing on a assembly Line
Cleaing
Working with a computer on the assembly line
The workplace doesn't pay competitively but my team is great.
Setup Technician (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHDecember 14, 2014
A technician learns a lot, but it is independently. We are put in very stressful, time sensitive situations constantly. The team is great, which is the best part of the job.
Pros
the team
Cons
low pay
A Good Place to Work But Stress full environment.
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids MIMay 22, 2013
A ton of paperwork. Management very demanding of you to perform projects on time when the team involved does not perform the task on time. Co-workers are challenging. No enjoyment at all.
Pros
hands on experience
Cons
no growth
Decent manufacturing company, a lot of changes
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJOctober 26, 2014
Constant organizational changes. Work place culture is lacking
Quality Inspector/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 25, 2014
I enjoy working here, it is a rewarding and positive environment.
Pros
you get to wear scrubs, which are paid for by the company upon hire
Cons
unpaid lunch breaks
Great place to work, great people.
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 12, 2014
I learned a lot about the medical device and technology.
The most enjoyable part was knowing the finished product would
help someone.
Grate Experience
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vega Baja, PRSeptember 10, 2013
6 month special project to improve OEE by 20%
Reduce setup time on molding machine by 5.3 hours
Improve ergo risk on Dflash operators by 50%
$132,500 in savings per year with a $1,181 investment
Pros
experience
Cons
no payment