VENTURA FOODS, LLC

VENTURA FOODS, LLC Employer Reviews

The most incompetent place to work, no Managemnet structure, no direction, no motivation, no processes. This company is filled with lazy employees.
SUPPLY CHAIN/PRODUCTION (Former Employee), ONTARIO, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: management with no meaning, ignorant and lazy employees, change is not welcome here!
Absolutely the worst place to work for, do not be surprised if this company will go bankrupt in no time. Management is a joke at Ontario. There is absolutely no direction given to employees. HR is a joke, the most unqualified lady to ever run HR at Ontario. The company is very scared of the local Union, the hourly employees dictate and demand HR. Pathetic! – more... Most terminated Union hourly employees get their jobs back after legal battles.The Production Managers do not have a clue on how to run their team, buddy system is incorporated. A British Production Manager got hired a year ago and he already got a promotion, he had no experience or degrees from the USA, they accepted his limited British qualifications, he has only been in the country for over a year. Absolutely clueless! He gets influenced by his peers who feed him false information. No Processes for any department, each department selfishly works for itself and at the expense of others. Purchasing is a joke, Safety is even worst, the very core basics or fundamental set ups are missing. Very unorganized. Most new comers are made a scape goat and get fired for nothing. No consistency! They bombard new managers and supervisors with tons of responsibilities which is very unrealistic, the layout and the design of the building is horrible which creates no productivity and the building is crammed. The new hired plant Manager/VP of Operations cannot multitask, just greedy about money and climbing the ladder! Audits get failed almost every month. Q.A department head makes scape goats to cover his own mistakes and has a reputation of doing it. Spanish is widely spoken and encouraged as the first language. This company is meant for Managers who just want to count their years before they retire. Maintenance ,Q.A, Production, Sanitation and Distribution is extremely under-staffed. There is no talent in the talent acquisition team, they just cannot sustain or retain employees. Average tenure for Management is less than 3 years. Words like being proactive, trust, competence, results, reputation, credibility, experience, performance, integrity, fairness, authenticity or caring DO NOT EXIST AT VENTURA FOODS, ONTARIO.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE STILL IN THE STONE AGE! – less
Fast pace environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: sometimes free lunch, good people
Cons: no incentives for your hard work, and long hours
A typical day at work is very busy always in the middle of a project and sometime there is no time for breaks.

I am in the process of learning how to enter Journal Entries as this is done by my supervisor during month end.

Most of my co-workers are very nice and respectable and always willing to help out.

The hardest part of my job is having to deal – more... with people who do not communicate or the unwillingness to cooperate. This is why we need to be very resourceful here.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I was part of something that had a good outcome for ex: keeping on top of our discounts making sure that we have the correct information to take advantage of our discounts. – less
new industry
Production Operations Superintendent (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: work schdedule
this was new industry for me...food manufacturing was on the rise
A company in search of a direction
Group Product Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: southern california location/strong foodservice business
Cons: few promotion opportunities/layers of management
A typical day was managing 20 -30 projects, updating activities and timelines, 3+ meetings and managing unrealistic expectations There were too many projects for available resources to handle. I learned that managing unrealistic expectations is futile and that more Chiefs don't help get the work done. My co-workers were very capable and experienced – more... much the same thing. The hardest part of the job was knowing that you accomplished more than was humanly possible, but it didn't make a dent in the workload. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with competent, dedicated people. – less
Fast paced company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 1, 2014
Within my 5 years here I have been able to move around the warehouse and fulfill my interests in different departments; alongside some awesome hard-working co-workers.
Great company!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brea, CADecember 15, 2013
Pros: secure extensive growing company.
Very good company. Worked with Ventura Foods for 12 years and was very sad to leave.
Rookie IT Management Team
IT (Current Employee), Brea, CANovember 24, 2013
Pros: local
Cons: everyday fire fighting, poor planning and execution
New management team brought in less than 2 years ago. They demand everything with no regard to staffing, training, talent, costs.
Challenging place to work but Fun
Production Manager (Former Employee), Saginaw, TXOctober 5, 2013
Managed three shifts of production. Responsible for production team performance. The most difficult part of the was keeping up with the rapid growth of the facility. The job was demanding and required 24/7 attention.
Ventura Foods - manufactures oils, margarine for retail and food service
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), HUNTERSVILLE, NCSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: all departments working in concert to acheive corporate objectives.
Immediate supervisor - V.P. Sales
Interaction as needed within departments to include: Marketing, Production, Logistics, Financial, and Legal.
Daily Activities - Planning, forecasts, sales execution, monitor results, corrective action if needed.
All bad! you do not want to work here. Management and Sups are Dictators.
Logistics (Former Employee), Ontario, Ca.April 8, 2013
Pros: management is so disconnected they dont know or care whats going on.
Cons: management is so disconnected they dont know or care whats going on.
Terrible place to work. The management does not care about It's staff. Most of the employees there are miserable. No communication and lots of threats. The HR department is non existent just hot lines to call with no real help. Do yourself a favor skip this place trust me you will be sorry if you don't.
Very interesting place to work in.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 16, 2012
Nice place that helped me improve my skills.
Testing salad dressing, mayonnaises and BBQ.
Productive and good working place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Saginaw, TXApril 24, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my day is when I get easy work on a Friday.