VENTURA FOODS, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

This has been the best job experience
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 24, 2015
I had a great time working for Ventura Foods. Great co workers, pay and benefits are great also. The company cares about their employees and makes them feel valued and respected.
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
7 day operation
Hardworking environment
Quality Assurance, Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Thornton, ILMay 9, 2015
The days can be very hectic or smooth depending on the product being ran. Learning opportunities are numerous and so I learn plenty of things such as cross training of food science and data entry. Every worker works together and independently of each other. Management does a great job of execution.
Good pay, but poor life/work balance
Material Inspector (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 6, 2015
I posted on this before. Company isn't bad from a wage standpoint, but you practically live there due to it being under staffed.
Pros
Good wages, compensation
Cons
Almost no time away from the job without using vacation time to get a weekend day off.
Fast pace manufacturing facility
Operation Manager - Thornton (Former Employee) –  Thornton, IllinoisMarch 9, 2015
Ventura was a great company to work for with a diverse group of people from across the world. Fast pace with the ability to change on the fly for customers.
Good company to work for
PRODUCTION / SANITATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNFebruary 19, 2015
I saw many changes in the 19 years that I worked for this company and I believe there are a lot more to come. The hardest part of my work experience there was converting to a new computer software that has many issues that need to be worked out. But, as with all changes, it will take some time.
Pros
very good benefits
Cons
employee morale
Loved job, disappointed with my Manager
Payroll Processor/ Account Payable (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 13, 2014
I was hire thru a temp agency and then after 6 weeks was hired by Ventura. My Manager agree at the interview to pay me a certain wage. When it came to be hired in the six weeks, she didn't keep her word on the amount per hour, by .50 an hour. I worked for them for over a year and confronted the manager and she would not admit to the promise. I was not the only employee at that time that was hired that way. The company it self is great, but I do believe that the employee should be able to feel free to talk with there manager and or upper management to settle a problem. I would suggest to any one that is in my situation to get it in writing then there is no problem on what your wages are when hired after the 6 weeks. It is to bad you can't take people at there word, but in this situation I thought I could and learned the hard way.

The company has great benefits and for the food industry it has great hours. The people in production could work 4 10 hour days. But they did have to work over time if it was needed. Great people, you become one of the family
Pros
hour for the office were good, they gave you samples of food
Cons
need to listen to there employee's
The most incompetent place to work, no Managemnet structure, no direction, no motivation, no processes. This company is filled with lazy employees.
SUPPLY CHAIN/PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  ONTARIO, CASeptember 18, 2014
Absolutely the worst place to work for, do not be surprised if this company will go bankrupt in no time. Management is a joke at Ontario. There is absolutely no direction given to employees. HR is a joke, the most unqualified lady to ever run HR at Ontario. The company is very scared of the local Union, the hourly employees dictate and demand HR. Pathetic! Most terminated Union hourly employees get their jobs back after legal battles.The Production Managers do not have a clue on how to run their team, buddy system is incorporated. A British Production Manager got hired a year ago and he already got a promotion, he had no experience or degrees from the USA, they accepted his limited British qualifications, he has only been in the country for over a year. Absolutely clueless! He gets influenced by his peers who feed him false information. No Processes for any department, each department selfishly works for itself and at the expense of others. Purchasing is a joke, Safety is even worst, the very core basics or fundamental set ups are missing. Very unorganized. Most new comers are made a scape goat and get fired for nothing. No consistency! They bombard new managers and supervisors with tons of responsibilities which is very unrealistic, the layout and the design of the building is horrible which creates no productivity and the building is crammed. The new hired plant Manager/VP of Operations cannot multitask, just greedy about money and climbing the ladder! Audits get failed almost every month. Q.A department head makes scape goats to cover his own mistakes and has a reputation  more... of doing it. Spanish is widely spoken and encouraged as the first language. This company is meant for Managers who just want to count their years before they retire. Maintenance ,Q.A, Production, Sanitation and Distribution is extremely under-staffed. There is no talent in the talent acquisition team, they just cannot sustain or retain employees. Average tenure for Management is less than 3 years. Words like being proactive, trust, competence, results, reputation, credibility, experience, performance, integrity, fairness, authenticity or caring DO NOT EXIST AT VENTURA FOODS, ONTARIO.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE STILL IN THE STONE AGE!
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
management with no meaning, ignorant and lazy employees, change is not welcome here!
new industry
Production Operations Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2014
this was new industry for me...food manufacturing was on the rise
Pros
experience
Cons
work schdedule
A company in search of a direction
Group Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 11, 2014
A typical day was managing 20 -30 projects, updating activities and timelines, 3+ meetings and managing unrealistic expectations There were too many projects for available resources to handle. I learned that managing unrealistic expectations is futile and that more Chiefs don't help get the work done. My co-workers were very capable and experienced much the same thing. The hardest part of the job was knowing that you accomplished more than was humanly possible, but it didn't make a dent in the workload. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with competent, dedicated people.
Pros
southern california location/strong foodservice business
Cons
few promotion opportunities/layers of management
Fast paced company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 1, 2014
Within my 5 years here I have been able to move around the warehouse and fulfill my interests in different departments; alongside some awesome hard-working co-workers.
Great company!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 15, 2013
Very good company. Worked with Ventura Foods for 12 years and was very sad to leave.
Pros
secure extensive growing company.
Rookie IT Management Team
IT (Current Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 24, 2013
New management team brought in less than 2 years ago. They demand everything with no regard to staffing, training, talent, costs.
Pros
local
Cons
everyday fire fighting, poor planning and execution
Challenging place to work but Fun
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXOctober 5, 2013
Managed three shifts of production. Responsible for production team performance. The most difficult part of the was keeping up with the rapid growth of the facility. The job was demanding and required 24/7 attention.
Ventura Foods - manufactures oils, margarine for retail and food service
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  HUNTERSVILLE, NCSeptember 9, 2013
Immediate supervisor - V.P. Sales
Interaction as needed within departments to include: Marketing, Production, Logistics, Financial, and Legal.
Daily Activities - Planning, forecasts, sales execution, monitor results, corrective action if needed.
Pros
all departments working in concert to acheive corporate objectives.
All bad! you do not want to work here. Management and Sups are Dictators.
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Ontario, Ca.April 8, 2013
Terrible place to work. The management does not care about It's staff. Most of the employees there are miserable. No communication and lots of threats. The HR department is non existent just hot lines to call with no real help. Do yourself a favor skip this place trust me you will be sorry if you don't.
Pros
management is so disconnected they dont know or care whats going on.
Cons
management is so disconnected they dont know or care whats going on.
Very interesting place to work in.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 16, 2012
Nice place that helped me improve my skills.
Testing salad dressing, mayonnaises and BBQ.
Productive and good working place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXApril 24, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my day is when I get easy work on a Friday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VENTURA FOODS, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.