Ventura Foods Employee Reviews

Fast paced enviroment plenty of money to make
Production Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 1, 2017
Straight to work ready to start production line. You learn how to multitask and work with different people. Management can really need some improvement
Pros
money
Cons
management
Planning Dept Leaves Much To Be Desired
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth Sales OfficeNovember 14, 2017
Very unbalanced plannng team. Some work 40hrs a week and others 60+. The pay and benefits are good, but does not make up for lack of a decent work-life balance for some. Exec management is not in tune to the reality of most of the planners daily/weekly situation. Certain Planning Team Managers (not all) are only concerned about checking items off their "to-do" list and couldn't care less about hours involved for their team. Don't get a serious illness unless you've been there for at least a year, they will terminate you before FMLA kicks in at the one year mark. Perfectly legal, but unethical in my opinion.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
No work-life balance
Great place to work and grow
VP Operations Finance (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 10, 2017
A growing company that invests in its people. The company is an aggressive marketing and sales organization supported by a manufacturing group that excels at product development, engineering, manufacturing, and distribution.
Productive and fun place to work
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAOctober 14, 2017
Love working there, worked hard at what I was given to do. Wish it wasn't temp job. Drove forklifts to unload trucks, and to load them. Also was showed how to use and yard jokey.
decent place to work
pc operator (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 10, 2017
training could use some help but,my work schedule and benefits is a plus with plenty opportunity for overtime fellow employees can be easy to get along with
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
equipment can be slowed correct repairs, rare time for preventive maintenance
Hard place to work. No life outside of work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXOctober 9, 2017
Lots of hours to be worked. If you all you want to do is work, then it shouldn't be a problem. I worked for a month straight of 14 hour days at one point.
Fast paced, stressful, yet rewarding
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 4, 2017
It was sometimes very slow, sometimes very fast paced and stressful. The redeeming trait was working as a team to meet production goals. This was extremely rewarding.
Food Manufacturing and Distribution
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXOctober 2, 2017
Fast paced, team-work environment. Picking and building orders with forklift drivers, receiving and shipping by the truckload. Great culture, involved leadership. Hardest part of job is mandatory overtime, most enjoyable would be shared triumph and teamwork.
Pros
pay and overtime
Cons
mandatory overtime
Ventura Foods
National Leader - World Class Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 2, 2017
Enjoyed time at Ventura. Had to leave due to the amount of travel. Great senior management in place. See a lot of potential for growth. Would recommend working with Ventura foods.
Temp Work
Temp (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LASeptember 29, 2017
As a temp worker they really dont care about you at all when it comes to your well being. Worked for them for 11 months, no issue. Bust my butt to get my job done everyday and do a good job. And when they decide to let me go give you all of 2 days notice with no warning of hey we may not be able to keep you. The work is still there you just aren't in their budget anymore. Poor leadership / upper management to do that to someone that has given you a year of their life.
productive
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TX 76131September 27, 2017
this is a good company very busy its been around for years. Always some thing to do. they have a lot of employees that work hard as a team. I enjoyed the work experience
Uneven workload with excessive hours
Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 26, 2017
workload unevenly distributed. Many work barely 40 hours per week and others work 60 hours plus per week with no extra compensation.. Management is aware of the issue but no hope for change is in sight.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many hours
Training sucks, long shifts, short breaks
Production Tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Training is horrible, you work 12 hour shifts and when it's time to go the shift coming in has a meeting and you have to wait to be relieved. If you are 1 minute late for your meeting at the beginning of your shift ( even if you're clocked in already) it is counted against you. Not a positive work environment at all. Supervisors and managers will get onto you in front of other employees. You get three 15 minute breaks for a 12 hour shift and they like to rush you to get back to work. All while certain employees and management can break as long as they want, then they go get food catared in to them and sit in the conference room for an hour. Pay is pretty decent tho, not really worth all the BS.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Training, short breaks, management
Good place to work with excellent benefits, yearly raises.
QUALITY CONTROL LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOSeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work. Some of it is hard work but the work day flies by. Good people to work with too. Everyone helps each other out when needed. Lot of employee events, company parties and a whole week for employee appreciation. I felt like the company was really good to it's staff.
Pros
401K match and profit charing. Make a good hourly wage too.
Cons
Hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Started off great, ended horribly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2017
When I first started with Ventura, the work environment was great. The balance of work was manageable, sometimes even enjoyable. However the company has gone though many changes in the last 8 months or so, much for the worse. The workload has at least tripled and the stress level has risen with it. No one seems to be able to keep up and most everyone I talk to leaves each day with work left unfinished, including myself, because there's not enough time in the day to deal with everything. This causes even more stress because our customers are not being serviced at the level which they have come to expect, and the company is apparently unable to keep up, while at the same time trying to expand. It is spreading the employees too thin. I know I am not the only one looking for new employment.
Pros
Vacation for time worked
Cons
Stress level, unbalanced workload
Can be very fast paced, but enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LASeptember 11, 2017
Ventura Foods offers some of the best benefits for their employees. They are second to none in that area. The work can be physically draining, but the benefits are well worth it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can be physically draining.
Good pay lots of hours if you want no personal life
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 7, 2017
If I had known going in what I know now I'd have looked for a better job and never worked there. Most of the good employees are leaving or actively seeking a new job.
Pros
Good pay lots of hours if all you want to do is eat sleep and work.
Cons
Constantly changing shifts with less than 24 hour notice what you work from one day to next.
Fun laid back
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph MissouriAugust 26, 2017
I would recommend Ventura Foods it's a great place to work. It has wounderful team work great cultural. It's not too over welmeing. I find it a joy a friendly environment.
Pros
It's truly a safe place to work
Cons
The hours
The people I worked with made sure I knew how to do my job
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILAugust 24, 2017
I like the job I just wanted it to b a permanent spot and the job was not hard actually easy I just wanted a secure spot instead of waiting to see if they was keepin me
Fast paced and can be stresfule
Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 21, 2017
Great place to work for job stability and good pay. Fun atmosphere but the hours can be long. I have learned a lot and enjoy being a team player. People tend to stay here until they retire