Ventura Employee Reviews

school
student (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 11, 2017
the job training for landscaping was fun, informative and all around great to learn. after doing it for a year i was not disappointed in the lightest.
Pros
fun
Cons
school
Relax and peace full place
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 15, 2017
Ventura is great place to work the environment is so relaxed but I don't think the pay is fear compare to the valley the pay is higher. This is the only down side.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Salary
Fun environment
Volunteer United Blood Services (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 23, 2017
I was a volunteer but the staff was always friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. The company's cause is a noble one. It's hard not to feel like you're making a difference here.
Pros
Great opportunity to meet people
Cons
Short breaks depending on donor attendance
Panera Bread
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 14, 2017
While working for Panera Bread Franchise group I was given great opportunity to open as General Manager 3 store opening where I opened and developed teams from ground up with each unit I was responsible for hiring training and people development. While exhausting it was great fun. I was able to train people from crew to shift supervisor to management and up to GM to replace me as I moved on to next opening.
Pros
Greatr to open new units and develope teams
Cons
Being a small new franchise company had some challenges
Must be vert skilled to do the job
Crane operator (Former Employee) –  offshoreMarch 6, 2017
Some of the toughest work I have done. This is not for everyone not even land crane operators. I have seen several walk away from double dynamic crane pick's .
Pros
You become very skilled in this field
Cons
Long hitches offshore.
Voting Clerk
County Voting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 3, 2017
This is a labor of love. It took a lot of time and on voting day, it was approximately 16 hours. I enjoyed assisting the community and participating in a civil service. .
This is a great program connecting kids with nature and learning about surrounding watershed.
Camp Counselor, Ojai (Former Employee) –  Ojai, CADecember 27, 2016
I would arrive before the children to the camp host site. I would work directly with the founder of the company and lead an introduction and ice breaker for the day. I would drive a van with the children to a spot and lead a hike, lead activities and tell stories.
Good people to work with
Electrical Tech R&L Mfg / R&L Eng (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2016
The most opportunities to learn and apply new skills with friendly and skilled management that I have ever worked for. I was able to travel to places I had never been and take my wife with me on occasions.
Assmebly warehouse
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 22, 2016
Assmebly warehouse for chevy front and rear fascias. Know all the Ops. Buickd as well. Inspecting parts
I liked the job just wish I could.of hot hired on and made more money
Its good jobs
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 11, 2016
A typical day of work was intensive. Management worries for the employee health. The hardest time is when I have to fired someone. I have a good relationship with my co-worker. My favorite thing would have to be the activities.
Pros
birthday day free
Good place to work for field experience.
Asst. Office Mgr. of Customer Service Dept (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXApril 11, 2016
I learned about the product manufacturing industry. Learned the different printing methods possible on different material products. Involved with wholesale and distributor sides of the marketing field.
Relaxing place to work
Spot Welder (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, the atmosphere was relaxed not rushing to get work out the door. The company was more for the people and management was willing to come out and help out were needed
Productive workplace
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAFebruary 15, 2016
Typical work day is very busy, customers coming in from all directions. There is much to learn and many areas to expand if you have the time. The hardest part of the job is users not understanding that you have to consider higher priority first then first come first serve tickets. Most enjoyable is that your always busy.
Pros
lunch time
Cons
healthcare is expensive
Good Company / Family Feel
art director (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJanuary 17, 2016
Needs to be a smoke-free place to work / unhealthy. This company is situated just across the border from Mexico in which they have over 200 employees at the sister plant in Mexico... not to mention... that is a smoke-free place to work!
Pros
Access to current software and educaton of industry standards within the promotional product world
Cons
Not a smoke-free place to work / unhealthy
Collector
Collector (Former Employee) –  Realible building in Monte HiedraDecember 12, 2015
Making outbound collection calls to debtors. Reducing the outstanding debt owed to a company. Responding to telephone inquiries using standard scripts and procedures. Working with debtors to work out payments. Following up clients on previous payment arrangements. Locating and establishing contact with debtors.
Great law firm that works for the people.
Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 9, 2015
VRS is a very busy firm, handling about 2500 calls a day. All the employees always put the needs of their clients first and went above and beyond. In my time there I learn much about personal injury and insurance. I also learned how to draft letters for court as well as for clients.
The hardest part of the job was that we were not always able to help everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing clients so happy and grateful to have their cases resolved. The staff was also great to work with from the interns all the way up to the head attorneys.
Non-productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2015
This company let it's people in the dark when it come to funds and when the contract was going to end. Most of us were out of jobs with no replacement or future with the company at all.
Excellent company
Hardware/Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 8, 2015
Excellent place to work. Employees and managers are very approchable. Great work-life balance, very fun people to work with. Fun social events. Great family atmosphere to work in.
Pros
fun and motivating environment. Every fellow employe that I met was mission oriented.
Retail
Paint Specialist / Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 3, 2015
Not much room for advancement because the company generally doesn't promote from within. If you're looking for more of a career I would advise to look elsewhere.
great
Pipe Welder & Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 26, 2015
good weather. good people. the working enviroment was great. very safe. good pay. learned a lot. lots of overtime. co-workers were cool.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ventura. Our community is ready to answer.