VENTURE DYNAMICS Employee Reviews

the most enjoyable part of the job
Laborer/Firewatch (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA 23707March 28, 2017
To me, the most enjoyable part of the job is lunch and being able to talk to one another and laugh and share thoughts. It makes the day go by quicker.
Pros
great food, communicating with others
Cons
short lunch breaks, certain policies
Venture
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  340 w.26th. suite:B national City, can 91950March 18, 2017
Great work environment, great team work,and professional.The pay is great you get paid weekly.very easy to get promoted to a better position great benefits
Venture is a great place to work
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 1, 2017
I liked working for Venture the employees are good people and they help you find a place to work when the assignment was over
Very productive workplace
Ship Fitter Asst/pipefitter asst./ Fire watch (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92101December 30, 2016
A typical day at work was repairing steel beams and steel plates with heavy machinery and power tools. With this occupation I learned how to operate heavy machinery, use power tools and also learned pipe installation and welding for ship repair. Co-workers were always helpful and there when needed. Management was great, they always had the day planned out before we arrived for a more efficient day. The hardest part of the job was working in very tight spaces yet it still wasn't a problem for me. the most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge I gained everyday.
Pros
overtime hours when ever you asked for them
Cons
short breaks and congested lunch areas.
Fantastic Work Area
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2016
I had a chance to work at Naasco thru Venture Dynamics it's a great area to work in. Found myself working long hours and a lot of Overtime which is a plus.
Pros
Lots of Work
Office Environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 14, 2016
Venture Dynamics was a great place to learn and advance. Monday through Friday, Saturdays if approved. It's a temp agency for the shipyard so work can get slow at times. But when work is booming, so are your hours.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Wonderful employer that trained well
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 10, 2016
The typical day starts at about 6 o'clock and I was in charge of monitoring the welders to ensure there was no fire hazards. I learned how to move around the different boats in a timely manner.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long Hours
ishhhhhh
Electrician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 8, 2016
Dont make enough to wipe your butt with the pay is low takes forever to get any benifits never again i work there just a bad place to work 4 real
Pros
cool people
Cons
Right to Starve for less State
A very good place to work
Painter, Sprayer, Blaster (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 10, 2016
The personnel were very friendly. I was able to make a very good income to provide for my family. The hardest part of the job was the weather conditions. You are always outside most of the time. The best part of the job was receiving your pay check on pay day and see what your labors produced.
Pros
Paid Holiday
Cons
Working in Bad Weather
Temp Labor
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 16, 2015
I am working as a scheduler for a shipyard, under contract with Venture. It takes a year to get benefits here.

The recruiters seem to work to find jobs for you, easy to talk to.

Want to know more about VENTURE DYNAMICS?

Ask a question
Great Diverse Work Environment
RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 12, 2015
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Pros
Commission every bi-weekly
Cons
NA
Receptionist
Receptionist/ Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth VaApril 6, 2015
Its a busy job, but it is a lot of fun and you have to be a people person because there is always people in the office. You do occasionally get some people in the office who have bad attitudes but you have to just brush them off. I have learned so much at this office, I never knew much about the shipyards until I started working here.
Pros
awesome staff
Cons
people come in with attitudes
Temporary Placement Job
Insulation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 6, 2015
Venture provided OSHA training class with certificates and provided proper job related PPDs. They also provided Rapid Gate access passes to obtain access on Norfolk Naval Base. The pay was great, but no benefits
Pros
Great pay, steady work schedule
Cons
Communication between management and Job supervisor
Overall Job
(Temp Service) - Second Class Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VirginiaOctober 19, 2014
I enjoyed working with this staffing company. They give the employees on the job medical benefits which is rare in most staffing agencies. They also paid me per diam for living out of state.
Vd
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 5, 2014
They are very helpful and go out of their way to meet your needs. Venture Dynamics are one of the best companies I've worked for.
Hard work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 15, 2014
A typical day working at this job was digging hole, and laying pipes. I learned how to weld pipes together. The hardest part about this job was the temperature. The most enjoyable part of this job was my coworkers.
Cons
short breaks
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 14, 2013
lots of hard work. Learned a lot about different equipment. Management was good
Great place to work at and good people to work with
Hardest part was some times long ours
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lack of pay raises
Was happy to leave
Outside Machinist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 27, 2013
This company hires temporary employees for other companies. However when you as an employee needed anything you had to contact Venture. These calls usually were not answered, you would have to take off from work to personaly go see them to get things done.
Pros
Cons
The cons are so many, paying for identification, PPE and everything you need to perform your job.
Productive work place
2nd Class Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  NorfolkVAJune 11, 2012
Typical work day would consist of jobs needed to be started or finshed on the ships in the yard. The Formans would asign all the jobs and the personel needed to complete the work. It was easy to work with all my co-workers.
I spent over 2 years with Venture Dynamics
1st Class shipfitter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 17, 2012
They have gone out of their way to take care of myself and other co-workers who've traveled outside the state. The pay is really good. They workers go out of their way to say hello whenever they see you. Pam was the one person I dealt with the most. Most of the others I don't really know. Pam was always smiling and greets with a big hug. If you ever have a problem she's always there to help you. One of my co-workers had his car towed when we got out of work. Venture Dynamics gave him an early check so he could get his car back from the towing company. The woman worked late that night to meet him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
as silly as it sounds, i loved getting the $25 gas card, for working 48 hours/week., when my hours were cut back to 40, i really missed it
Cons
for a contracting company there were no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VENTURE DYNAMICS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3