VENTURE DYNAMICS Employee Reviews

It's was a fast paced , laid back place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAOctober 19, 2017
The employees was pretty cool , and they didn't drag me , they actually helped and showed me actually what I needed to do . They made sure we ate , if we didn't have enough money . They've also made me faster worker .
good place to work
Shipfitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 28, 2017
venture dynamics treated me fairly. I was paid on time every week.they look for work for me constantly. they keep me posted on all events.I would recomend anyone to work for them.
Fun & challenging place to work
OUTSIDE SHIPYARD MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 27, 2017
This was a good company to work for & was helpful when I needed assistance. I worked for a local shipyard that treated me well & provided plenty of work. The work was challenging & satisfying.
Pros
Flexable work schedule with plenty of work.
Cons
No benifits before one year of employment.
fun work environment to work for
Outside Machinist, X38 (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 30, 2017
Venture has come along way from when i started and if giving the opportunity would work for them again had fun working for the folks in charged there would recommend working for venture to anyone
Pros
freedom of work place
Cons
no one to represent you on the spot when working abroad
fire watch
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 28, 2017
working with ventura was okay, I like how they was on time with everything. I enjoy working there, I feel like that's a men job. some people are respectful
Can have potential for career
Fire Watch/laborer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 3, 2017
Just work hard and you will advance you will get hours as long as you come to work you work in any condition just be prepared to have to travel around to different shipyards so u need reliable transportation
Very helpful with job placement
Painter/FireWatch (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 9, 2017
Overall , This job is a good learning experience as well as a opportunity to advance your career in ships , work ethics are good and the employees are good and easy to work with as well.
Pros
Im able to advance in this company.
Cons
No benefits unless your a company worker.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Laborer/Firewatch (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA 23707March 28, 2017
To me, the most enjoyable part of the job is lunch and being able to talk to one another and laugh and share thoughts. It makes the day go by quicker.
Pros
great food, communicating with others
Cons
short lunch breaks, certain policies
Venture
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  340 w.26th. suite:B national City, can 91950March 18, 2017
Great work environment, great team work,and professional.The pay is great you get paid weekly.very easy to get promoted to a better position great benefits
Venture is a great place to work
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 1, 2017
I liked working for Venture the employees are good people and they help you find a place to work when the assignment was over

Want to know more about VENTURE DYNAMICS?

Ask a question
Very productive workplace
Ship Fitter Asst/pipefitter asst./ Fire watch (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92101December 30, 2016
A typical day at work was repairing steel beams and steel plates with heavy machinery and power tools. With this occupation I learned how to operate heavy machinery, use power tools and also learned pipe installation and welding for ship repair. Co-workers were always helpful and there when needed. Management was great, they always had the day planned out before we arrived for a more efficient day. The hardest part of the job was working in very tight spaces yet it still wasn't a problem for me. the most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge I gained everyday.
Pros
overtime hours when ever you asked for them
Cons
short breaks and congested lunch areas.
Fantastic Work Area
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2016
I had a chance to work at Naasco thru Venture Dynamics it's a great area to work in. Found myself working long hours and a lot of Overtime which is a plus.
Pros
Lots of Work
Office Environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 14, 2016
Venture Dynamics was a great place to learn and advance. Monday through Friday, Saturdays if approved. It's a temp agency for the shipyard so work can get slow at times. But when work is booming, so are your hours.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Wonderful employer that trained well
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 10, 2016
The typical day starts at about 6 o'clock and I was in charge of monitoring the welders to ensure there was no fire hazards. I learned how to move around the different boats in a timely manner.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long Hours
ishhhhhh
Electrician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 8, 2016
Dont make enough to wipe your butt with the pay is low takes forever to get any benifits never again i work there just a bad place to work 4 real
Pros
cool people
Cons
Right to Starve for less State
A very good place to work
Painter, Sprayer, Blaster (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 10, 2016
The personnel were very friendly. I was able to make a very good income to provide for my family. The hardest part of the job was the weather conditions. You are always outside most of the time. The best part of the job was receiving your pay check on pay day and see what your labors produced.
Pros
Paid Holiday
Cons
Working in Bad Weather
Temp Labor
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 16, 2015
I am working as a scheduler for a shipyard, under contract with Venture. It takes a year to get benefits here.

The recruiters seem to work to find jobs for you, easy to talk to.
Great Diverse Work Environment
RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 12, 2015
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Pros
Commission every bi-weekly
Cons
Na
Receptionist
Receptionist/ Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth VaApril 6, 2015
Its a busy job, but it is a lot of fun and you have to be a people person because there is always people in the office. You do occasionally get some people in the office who have bad attitudes but you have to just brush them off. I have learned so much at this office, I never knew much about the shipyards until I started working here.
Pros
awesome staff
Cons
people come in with attitudes
Temporary Placement Job
Insulation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 6, 2015
Venture provided OSHA training class with certificates and provided proper job related PPDs. They also provided Rapid Gate access passes to obtain access on Norfolk Naval Base. The pay was great, but no benefits
Pros
Great pay, steady work schedule
Cons
Communication between management and Job supervisor