VENTURE DYNAMICS Employee Reviews in United States

Temp Labor
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 16, 2015
I am working as a scheduler for a shipyard, under contract with Venture. It takes a year to get benefits here.

The recruiters seem to work to find jobs for you, easy to talk to.
Great Diverse Work Environment
RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 12, 2015
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Pros
Commission every bi-weekly
Cons
NA
Receptionist
Receptionist/ Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth VaApril 6, 2015
Its a busy job, but it is a lot of fun and you have to be a people person because there is always people in the office. You do occasionally get some people in the office who have bad attitudes but you have to just brush them off. I have learned so much at this office, I never knew much about the shipyards until I started working here.
Pros
awesome staff
Cons
people come in with attitudes
Temporary Placement Job
Insulation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 6, 2015
Venture provided OSHA training class with certificates and provided proper job related PPDs. They also provided Rapid Gate access passes to obtain access on Norfolk Naval Base. The pay was great, but no benefits
Pros
great pay, steady work schedule
Cons
communication between management and job supervisor
Overall Job
(Temp Service) - Second Class Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VirginiaOctober 19, 2014
I enjoyed working with this staffing company. They give the employees on the job medical benefits which is rare in most staffing agencies. They also paid me per diam for living out of state.
Vd
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 5, 2014
They are very helpful and go out of their way to meet your needs. Venture Dynamics are one of the best companies I've worked for.
Hard work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 15, 2014
A typical day working at this job was digging hole, and laying pipes. I learned how to weld pipes together. The hardest part about this job was the temperature. The most enjoyable part of this job was my coworkers.
Cons
short breaks
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 14, 2013
lots of hard work. Learned a lot about different equipment. Management was good
Great place to work at and good people to work with
Hardest part was some times long ours
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lack of pay raises
Was happy to leave
Outside Machinist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 27, 2013
This company hires temporary employees for other companies. However when you as an employee needed anything you had to contact Venture. These calls usually were not answered, you would have to take off from work to personaly go see them to get things done.
Cons
the cons are so many, paying for identification, ppe and everything you need to perform your job.
Productive work place
2nd Class Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  NorfolkVAJune 11, 2012
Typical work day would consist of jobs needed to be started or finshed on the ships in the yard. The Formans would asign all the jobs and the personel needed to complete the work. It was easy to work with all my co-workers.
I spent over 2 years with Venture Dynamics
1st Class shipfitter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 17, 2012
They have gone out of their way to take care of myself and other co-workers who've traveled outside the state. The pay is really good. They workers go out of their way to say hello whenever they see you. Pam was the one person I dealt with the most. Most of the others I don't really know. Pam was always smiling and greets with a big hug. If you ever have a problem she's always there to help you. One of my co-workers had his car towed when we got out of work. Venture Dynamics gave him an early check so he could get his car back from the towing company. The woman worked late that night to meet him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
as silly as it sounds, i loved getting the $25 gas card, for working 48 hours/week., when my hours were cut back to 40, i really missed it
Cons
for a contracting company there were no cons
out of state traveling
2nd insulator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth,VirginiaMarch 26, 2011
I basically insulated military ships in other states.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VENTURE DYNAMICS. Our community is ready to answer.