Venture Express, Inc. Employee Reviews

Bad Company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 4, 2017
Was lied to when hired on about my run. Equipment at the time was poorly maintained. Low pay and no retirement or holiday pay.
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Didn't know if the equipment would make it back
great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Falkville, ALJanuary 28, 2017
Good steady job. I have nothing bad to say about this employer . u work 12 hour days, Monday-Friday good new trucks dispatch is good willing to work with u
Pros
good pay
Cons
slipe/seats
Great pay, easy work
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2017
Transport automotive parts to various smaller plants in Alabama and East Georgina.. Parts are shipped as needed and wanted.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Electric Log books
Never pays correctly or on time and good ol boy system
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 12, 2017
Stay away if you can. They lie to you in beginning to get you there and quickly your run goes from dedicated daily to different place in a different state each day. Blow out on trailer tires all time. Leaves you sitting on road side for hours. You will run out of drive time cause trucks are slow and they send you out as far as they can. And you will sit for hours waiting on relief driver. It's cheap family run along with friends from college. They reap your reward. And the most IMPORTANT thing is pay!! They will screw up your pay 2-3 times a month. You jump through hoops on your end with endless paperwork and computer work just to have payroll screw up. Don't believe any of this ask multiple drivers. To correct your payroll it all has to be verified and signed off by the VP, who is involved in way more things than he should be involved in. So good luck!
good place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TN 38305December 28, 2016
home daily with ok pay. horrible benefits with too much time off. 2 weeks off for 4th of july and 1.5 weeks off for x-mas and new year. on the same schedule as Nissan with dedicated routes/lanes. shared trucks which are absolutely filthy. the bosses/dispatchers are awesome and friendly. they get to know you by name as well.
Pros
very comfortable place to work
Cons
too much time off
Worst job I have had in trucking , even Shoreline didn't lie as much
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dadeville, ALDecember 6, 2016
This company will blow so much smoke up you as , we got promised bonus , dental / vision , shuttle pay and didn't receive any . Also no holiday pay , and you can't draw unemployed. Nothing but lies will be leaving as soon as I can find another job
Stay away!!
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 3, 2016
Stay away from this company! The management sucks and they just cater to drivers they favor. If you don't complain you will be stuck doing the worst runs which literally take all day. You barely have anytime for sleep that's how long you'll be at work. Oh yeah and don't forget you'll be forced to work one of your days off twice a month. For as long as you work during the day the pay isn't worth it. This place is a joke!
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Everything, including the dispatchers
They need work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 21, 2016
Loved this company for many years thought they were worth working for! After 5 years of being accident free and no bad infractions or safety issues I had a accident that was a NO Fault and was let go. I understand if it would had been my fault or a preventable accident why this would had happened but being a no fault I question there values on what they consider family values in there company!
Pros
Local
Cons
Not as family/employe oriented as they claim
not cordial
Driver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 14, 2016
all of management was distant and seemed to have favorites! It seemed like they didn't care if you worked there! dedicated runs were changed therefore your job wasn't as promised by contract that was signed
Pros
bonuses
Cons
not a place experienced drivers
Truck Driver-general (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 27, 2016
A great place to work, filled with fun and hard working co-workers with good professional skills and knowledge of the Trucking industry. Loading and unloading trucks is a major job function in this role.

Want to know more about Venture Express, Inc.?

Ask a question
good
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Lavergne, TnJune 10, 2016
Great co workers, good benefits home office is in Tennessee, various drop yards, work long hours but rewarded. The most enjoyable part of this job and all driving jobs is that you get to be your own boss
worked 4pm to 4am slip seated trucks hated it
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 1, 2016
65 to 70 hour work weeks I need more balance now different run every day different truck every day compensation to low for that many hours
Pros
Cons
slip seat trucks
would not refer company to anyone
driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 31, 2016
they patch the equipment together instead of just fixing right the first time.when i worked there,i found out there is not that good of communication going on. low pay and bad benefits is the main reason for leaving
Pros
dispatchers are ok
Cons
benefits are awful, pay is ok not great, equipment
Untrustworthy
driver (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHMay 3, 2016
They bought out my company Chambers Leasing System.

They told us lies, saying noting would change till the end of the year.
Less then a month after taking control, they are closing terminals. They are selling off equipment, letting people go and changing how the place is run.

The former owner of chambers sold out the people who help build the company to line his pockets.

They are ruining a good company and converting it to garbage that runs just like down south.

You can not trust them!!!!!
Pros
Cons
untrustworthy

Comment – May 20, 2016

You can find a better company anywhere in Ohio or Michigan in the same places as Venture is hiring. Save yourself some headaches and look elsewhere! You will that yourself!

"Sounds like a good job - not so much." post below tells it like it is, when i read his post as Venture was buying the company, everything he mentioned started to happen when they took over.

Great people to work for and with
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  LaVergne, TnFebruary 10, 2016
I am very satisfied with my employment, supervisors and coworkers at Venture Express. The ONLY reason I am looking to change jobs is so that I can spend more time at home. I am an over-the-road driver now and am looking for a local job. I love what I do I would just like more time at home.
Pros
It's an all-around fun job.
Cons
Seems like I am always gone from home
ok
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Point, GANovember 24, 2015
This position was fast paced and crazy. It was OK just long hours and little pay. The staff was great though. It was ok the whse manager was crazy.
good company
CDL Local Driver (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 30, 2015
I hauled parts for Electrolux in Springfield TN. My Supervisor at Electrolux was Great! Everyone got along with everyone. We all were like family.
Local driver
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNSeptember 30, 2015
Was a good job but the wife asked me to go back on the road so off we went and had a great time out there together but I did not like slip seatting
Trucking Job
FLEET/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 7, 2015
Venture is a great place to work if you are tired of OTR. The job is very straight forward. The pay is the only thing that may keep some applicants away.
Pros
Home daily
Cons
Pay
Find something better
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Falkville, ALApril 9, 2015
I worked for this company for 6mo. And for more than 2mo of the time that I was there my check was not right. Management was not very good! Falkville,Al terminal not very well organized. Equipment is JUNK! It will not take very long to be job searching after starting to work there. My advise would be to stay away! If their lips are moving! They are telling u a lie about something!
Pros
Affordable health ins
Cons
Checks will be wrong, death trap equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venture Express, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9