Venture Express, Inc. Employee Reviews

They work with you somewhat
Truck driver class a CDL (Current Employee) –  Archbold, OHDecember 31, 2017
They work with you somewhatI would work here forever if I could find the hours I need their trucks are up-to-date and good trucks Only downfall is it is slip seating the runs are bad except when they have you do a run day after day and then change it up but overall this seems to be a good company I’ve only been here for a couple months and would stay if I could get my hours changed
Pros
Home daily
Cons
Ours are hard
bad management team
Orientation specialist/HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHNovember 16, 2017
The management team never gave any direction or consistency of what is expected from you daily/weekly.
There rules and policies change daily.

I liked the hours and the weekends off.
Pros
Weekends off, Insurance paid, 2 weeks off a year paid
Cons
Changes of policies and rules daily.
Over Average
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 26, 2017
Work with venture was satisfying; but very competitive in the automotive business. It was hard to keep contracts and eventually the worked slowed down.
DO NOT work for this company
Class "A" Shuttle driver (Nissan acct) (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TN 37086October 22, 2017
this company was horrible, sub-par equipment. bad managers/supv and HORRENDOUS HR persons. They lied to all of us drivers at the time. They wanted us to work constantly.
Steady
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
Steady job to keep money coming in dispatch works with you and understands you have a life. Usually 10-12 hr days. Weekends are optional. Equipment great and up to date
Pros
Steady freight laid back
Cons
Nissans shutdown June & December no vacation or holiday pay no dental or vision insurance
Very unhappy
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson County, SCSeptember 29, 2017
This is a very cut throat kind of job. They need to have better benefits and treat there employees better. They need to show the drivers that make this company work that they are appreciated.
A typical day at work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 17, 2017
I arrive at work at 6am do my pre trip. Go to the plant and pick up my load do my load information takes only 10 minutes to do. Take the load to its destination and receive the other load and bring back to the plant. We are at home every night unless you over the road.
Pros
Home every night
Cons
slip seat
My Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSSeptember 6, 2017
It would be a better company if it offered better benefits such as insurance for the drivers and their families and if there wasn't a lot of favor going on.. If they had 401k or short term/long term insurance for the workers it would be a better company..
The equipment is trash its something always wrong with the trailer and truck
Driver (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 7, 2017
I would've recommend anyone for this job. Every day I come in there is something wrong with the truck or trailer the driver before me never does a pre trips or post trips leaving me to always start late and get back late......
Short Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 4, 2017
If I didn't have a family emergency that caused me to move from this job I would still be with VE. Great job. Good people. Nice and approachable management.
Pros
Good pay, good account, good management
Cons
Pay could be higher, some trailers needed repairs
good job
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Falkville, ALJuly 9, 2017
good job...
Really loved my job...
Easy job to do....
Boss really worked with his employees.....
Drop and hook job....
They really looked out for me while i was pregnant....
Good place to Work - Family Oriented
Driver (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 23, 2017
Love working for this company for the past year. 50-60 hours per week... worked hard but company was willing to work with me when my schedule needed to change.

Seem to always have new equipment and opportunities for different home daily routes.
Pros
home daily, new equipment, willing to work with me on schedule
Cons
no dental
Benefits
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 27, 2017
They do not offer Dental or Eye Care. High priced medical.
Short workday. Possibilty for doing shuttles after your run if there is only one run which cuts your day short.
Bad Company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 4, 2017
Was lied to when hired on about my run. Equipment at the time was poorly maintained. Low pay and no retirement or holiday pay.
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Didn't know if the equipment would make it back
great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Falkville, ALJanuary 28, 2017
Good steady job. I have nothing bad to say about this employer . u work 12 hour days, Monday-Friday good new trucks dispatch is good willing to work with u
Pros
good pay
Cons
slipe/seats
Great pay, easy work
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2017
Transport automotive parts to various smaller plants in Alabama and East Georgina.. Parts are shipped as needed and wanted.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Electric Log books
Never pays correctly or on time and good ol boy system
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 12, 2017
Stay away if you can. They lie to you in beginning to get you there and quickly your run goes from dedicated daily to different place in a different state each day. Blow out on trailer tires all time. Leaves you sitting on road side for hours. You will run out of drive time cause trucks are slow and they send you out as far as they can. And you will sit for hours waiting on relief driver. It's cheap family run along with friends from college. They reap your reward. And the most IMPORTANT thing is pay!! They will screw up your pay 2-3 times a month. You jump through hoops on your end with endless paperwork and computer work just to have payroll screw up. Don't believe any of this ask multiple drivers. To correct your payroll it all has to be verified and signed off by the VP, who is involved in way more things than he should be involved in. So good luck!
good place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TN 38305December 28, 2016
home daily with ok pay. horrible benefits with too much time off. 2 weeks off for 4th of july and 1.5 weeks off for x-mas and new year. on the same schedule as Nissan with dedicated routes/lanes. shared trucks which are absolutely filthy. the bosses/dispatchers are awesome and friendly. they get to know you by name as well.
Pros
very comfortable place to work
Cons
too much time off
Worst job I have had in trucking , even Shoreline didn't lie as much
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dadeville, ALDecember 6, 2016
This company will blow so much smoke up you as , we got promised bonus , dental / vision , shuttle pay and didn't receive any . Also no holiday pay , and you can't draw unemployed. Nothing but lies will be leaving as soon as I can find another job
Stay away!!
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 3, 2016
Stay away from this company! The management sucks and they just cater to drivers they favor. If you don't complain you will be stuck doing the worst runs which literally take all day. You barely have anytime for sleep that's how long you'll be at work. Oh yeah and don't forget you'll be forced to work one of your days off twice a month. For as long as you work during the day the pay isn't worth it. This place is a joke!
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Everything, including the dispatchers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venture Express, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7