Venture Express, Inc.

Venture Express, Inc. Employee Reviews

ok
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Point, GANovember 24, 2015
This position was fast paced and crazy. It was OK just long hours and little pay. The staff was great though. It was ok the whse manager was crazy.
good company
CDL Local Driver (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 30, 2015
I hauled parts for Electrolux in Springfield TN. My Supervisor at Electrolux was Great! Everyone got along with everyone. We all were like family.
LOCAL DRIVER
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNSeptember 30, 2015
WAS A GOOD JOB BUT THE WIFE ASKED ME TO GO BACK ON THE ROAD SO OFF WE WENT AND HAD A GREAT TIME OUT THERE TOGETHER BUT I DID NOT LIKE SLIP SEATTING
Trucking Job
FLEET/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 7, 2015
Venture is a great place to work if you are tired of OTR. The job is very straight forward. The pay is the only thing that may keep some applicants away.
Pros
Home daily
Cons
Pay
Find something better
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Falkville, ALApril 9, 2015
I worked for this company for 6mo. And for more than 2mo of the time that I was there my check was not right. Management was not very good! Falkville,Al terminal not very well organized. Equipment is JUNK! It will not take very long to be job searching after starting to work there. My advise would be to stay away! If their lips are moving! They are telling u a lie about something!
Pros
Affordable health ins
Cons
Checks will be wrong, death trap equipment
Hourly day cab driver - local work
driver -local day cab. (Former Employee) –  Anderson, scMarch 5, 2015
Another company that will use an outdated little known agricultural exemption to pay you straight time ONLY, thus makes for a marginal job with marginal pay. 12 hour shifts at 8 hour pay makes turnover consistent.
Pros
decent equipment, easy management, lots of work
Cons
poor pay.
Sounds like a good job - not so much.
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 24, 2014
A typical day involves showing up an hour early and standing in line at one of two dispatch windows. Eventually, you'll get a load assignment and a key (shuttle positions are slip seat). Find your truck, log in to QC, do a pre-trip and trip sheet, find your trailer and hook up. Deliver load and get return assignment. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Management is non-existent. I honestly don't know who my terminal manager is and I've been with the company for 18 months. Drivers are pretty much ignored by dispatch and any other office personnel. Dispatchers manage nothing. They just assign loads and then think they're managers. They won't answer their company cell phones on off hours. You'll most likely start on a night shift and weekend shift so hope you can sleep during the day. You will work 12 to 14 hours a day for roughly 32 cents per mile and turn about 500 miles per day, and working one of your off days is mandatory. If you manage this for 12 or 18 months, you may get on day shift depending on turn over. Everything this company does is based on seniority, not qualifications or performance. Seniority is everything. The dispatchers are ineffective because they were placed there simply because of their seniority, not their performance and certainly not their qualifications.

Drivers are expected to work every possible hour but office staff is not. If you run an overnight Saturday to Sunday morning, you'll be running with NO driver support. Fuel card turned off by mistake? No one answers the phone to help (this has happened to me). Breakdown? No one answers the phone. Saturday night
  more... to Sunday morning, you're on your own. I complained about this and was pretty much laughed at. This was after sitting at a Love's for 5 hours, calling every number in the VE book, including cell phones, until a phone was answered, got my fuel card turned back on (no fault of mine) and then I had to run illegal to get back home and go back and edit my e-log hours to look legit.

This company sounds good for an OTR driver that wants to get off the road but once you calculate your time, you're making about $12/hr and that's if you didn't figure OT as time and a half. If you figure hours over 40 at time and a half, you're making about $8.75 per hour. Also, if you're already in a job where you're home each weekend, don't come to this company because you'll see your family even less. They'll put your days off during the week and work you all weekend plus one of your days off.

My personal tidbit of advice: be leery of any company whose CEO insists on being addressed as "Mr." on all company literature and when someone addresses him. The only reason I still work at this company is because I don't have time to look for another job. It eats up that much of your time. It's like being in a trap.
Pros
employee benefits are decent and cheap for employee only. good late model day cab equipment.
Cons
too many hours, mandatory work on days off, overall pay is not good considering hours worked, weak dispatchers.
Good workplace
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAOctober 12, 2014
Nice management. Good place to work. Good work environment.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
no time off.
long hours, steady work company uses Dac report
Driver (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNApril 18, 2014
long hrs. steady work. This comapny uses the DAC report and in my case lied to the people at DAC when i was let go in sept 2011 due to a ticket i had recieved in may 2010 so i would be very leary working for any company that uses DAC report and I can say this company tried to ruin my 25 year career as a driver when they let me go.
Pros
working by yourself
Cons
no retirement plan and healthcare extremely high
nothing to say
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  TNApril 8, 2014
nothing good to say does not keep trucks repaired without a big hassle
small company
Fleet Manager / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 3, 2014
It was a small company but fun. Worked with dedicated city and over the road drivers
Pros
small operation
Cons
designed for family or friends of family
Its a Truck Driving Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNMarch 2, 2014
Always trying to move product is the key.
That means drivers must drive.
Home time is effected.
I had a good experience working for this company.
not a big company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  finger,tnFebruary 23, 2014
I would pick up cotton deliver to Alabama the night before and bring back bricks the next day. only driver and boss would sometimes help with picking up load and would leave the next day to deliver .
Pros
not big but good boss
Cons
didnt have insurance
There were many issue with upper management with lack of communication with the employees about companies every changing demands.
Local Driver/ Onsite Dedicated Account (Former Employee) –  TNJanuary 27, 2014
I enjoyed my experiences loading and unloading and building good work relationships with customers and co-workers alike. The challenges of the trucking industry and on-time service was quite demanding but at the end of the day it's rewarding to accomplish the tasks despite the high level of stress.
Pros
dedicated routes
Cons
there were none that really stood out, only challenges.
average truckin job ..decent pay
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNOctober 3, 2013
average work day .....at the terminal i worked from management was very helpful ...i enjoyed going to work
Pros
decent pay
Cons
healthcare
Excellent company for a truck driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MiSeptember 10, 2013
I handled the delivery's into Canada mostly. Line haul brought the trailers to Michigan from down South, Tn. Ky. etc. Going over the bridge was slow at times, but I was paid for waiting at the border. Dispatch handled problems very well. I would drive from home to the yard in Taylor, Mi. get in the tractor, hook up to the assigned trailer to be delivered, and be on my way, with no one on my back.
Pros
excellent job for a driver, good pay, not much stress, excellent dispatchers. treated very well.
Cons
health benifits were not the best, a few trailers had problems.
GOOD JOB,PAY NOT SO GREAT
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 10, 2013
GOOD STABLE JOB CONTRACTED TO THE AUTO INDUSTRY,GOOD EQUIPMENT,THEY WILL LIE TO YOU,AS MOST COMPANIES DO.
Pros
stability
Cons
benefits suck, slip seating trucks suck
Not the best place for a man with a family
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  TNApril 23, 2013
Enjoyed being OTR. Didn't enjoy not being able to get home or get paid.
No integrity
Fleet/Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  West Point GA Atlanta GAApril 16, 2013
Venture Express has no integrity there management do not care at all about there people and their drivers they will tell you that family is first but it is not they expect you to work 24 hours a day including weekends
Its a decent place to work.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJanuary 7, 2013
Venture is ok to work for. Ive been here for 10 years and Im satisfied for the most part.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
employees dont get much respect