Venture Forthe, Inc

Venture Forthe, Inc Employee Reviews

Long-time employee, really enjoy working here
Scheduler (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYApril 29, 2014
Pros: enjoy my co-workers, work hard-play hard environment, family oriented company
Pleasant place to work
Knowledge Co-workers
Great team atmosphere
Supportive Management
Opportunities for Advancements
Great Place to Work
Marketing (Current Employee), Niagara FallsApril 14, 2014
Pros: growth opportunities, team environment, work/life balance
This is a growing company with a lot of room for advancement. Management values and listens to input from staff. Good work/life balance. Good team environment!
LOW PAY, NO PTO RUDE MANAGERS
currently working here (Current Employee), JamestownMarch 27, 2014
Pros: the person you help.
Cons: everything else
NO PRO, NO BENEFITS, RUDE MANAGERS, NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE STAFF THAT ARE PCA'S. LAZY STAFF, NO APPRECIATION FOR STAFF. LATE PAY CHECKS AND THEY NERVER PAY YOU FOR THE AMOUNT OF HOURS YOU WORK YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM TO FIX IT SO YOU GET PAID. POOR COMMUNICATION SKILLS. WILL WILL NOT MOVE UP TO HIGHER POSITION. CURRENTLY EMPLOYEED BY THEM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB.
Limited
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 16, 2014
Limited responsibilities, corporate in Niagara Falls tried to manage all new regions not allowing regional office to take on responsibilities of job roles.
Good home care company to work for, flexible with work schedule and variety of clients and expanded region.
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYAugust 17, 2013
Pros: availability for a flexible schedule
Cons: contact with many people during the day is minamal.
Arrive at a clients home, review chart and daily log. Speak with previous aid and client. Find out needs and desired schedule for the day/evening/night. Do household/personal care as necessary. Socialize with client encourage with a good attitude with respect.
The staff at the main office and very helpful and pleasant. I enjoy meeting new clients and coworkers and learning more medical things and about them. The hardest part of the job is when a client is no longer your client because of increased health problems. The most enjoyable part is learning more about others and the satisfaction you receive knowing you were able to be a helpful part in their lives.
DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU TRULY NEED MONEY!!!
Personal care aid (Former Employee), Rochester,nyAugust 5, 2013
Pros: clients are friendly
Cons: horrible management, low inconsistent hours, long driving distances, rude staff, low pay (8.24)
I'm a former pca (personal care aid ) for venture forthe . My duties were but not limited to helping clients with daily living task such as feeding , dressing , bathing and household errands such as washing dishes and cleaning the bathroom/kitchen areas when a client could not do it them self. I recently had to quit venture forthe after going a month and a half without working. My last client became ill and passed away , after that I've only been able to pick up random shifts.They will try to force you to drive out far for little to no extra pay.half my checks went straight to gas due to me hang to drive far to different towns
The schedulers were very rude to me and unprofessional .I've had them ask me to pick up a shifts with people even after I told them I'm not comfortable with the person. One time I worked a double (16 hour shift) and had a scheduler beg me to pick up another shift a couple hours after it . I told him no and he preceded to call me back mutiple times after leaving voicemails saying that he'd pay me extra because I was the only person available to work .
Also calling in 4 times a year will get u fired unless you have documentation for why u called in each time. I didnt not have a problem with calling in but I do not agree with this rule. Emergencies happen , people have kids that sometimes get sick , cars break down , us pca can get sick and not everyone has health insurance to go to the doctor just to get a doctors note. Mind you management does not want us to go to work sick because we can affect the clients but alot of pca's still go in sick because they – more... don't want to miss out in the pay and/or can't afford to call in again because of that rule .
This job is not a job for someone looking for a career for the rest of their life. This is more for a college student , someone that has no options for employment (I've made more money working for fast food restaurants due to the hours being inconsistent ) , or someone that loves this kind of work and does not care about the money. – less
Supportive work enviroment
CIC (Current Employee), olean, new yorkMay 7, 2013
Pros: flexibility of schedule and competitive pay
Cons: health care costs in comparison to competitive agencies.
Venture Forthe has been supportive of my professional growth, offering ongoing training and mentoring from experienced professionals. Much of the administration at VFI have been there for an extended period of time, bringing to the table knowledge and experience not found at other agencies due to turn around. This agency is very supportive of self motivated individuals, allowing freedom of schedule and forming a balance between work and home life. From my observances the staff that fall into trouble are the ones that take advantage of the flexibility and consequently not fulfilling their work responsibilities. The administration and owners of VFI are personable and are quick to resolve issues in comparison to larger agencies where I have worked that conflict in bureaucracy occurs which result in issues being unresolved effectively.
Great place to work. Excellent opportunities for growth. Venture Forthe is participant focused.
Clinician (Current Employee), Niagara Falls and BuffaloMay 1, 2013
Pros: very open and honest company. quality of care focused.
I have been with this organization for many years. They treat the participants, families and employees extremely well. Everyone is approachable and helpful.
At your own risk
SC (Current Employee), Niagara FallsFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: company is growing (but too fast as clients are suffering), work from home flexibility
Cons: very expensive healthcare, not a lot of time off, company cares more about money than helping people, employees overworked and stressed
No work/life balance, unrealistic work load, understaffed, company is money hungry....

Coworkers are great in general but morale is very low and employees are all stressed and overworked; many quit or get fired within a couple months
Traumatic Brain Injury Program
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Olean, NYAugust 29, 2012
Pros: helping those in need and the learning experience
Cons: amount of travel with no travel reimbursement
My typical work day as a SC was normally at least a 10-hour day. I learned many things working for VFI, including but not limited to: coordination of all medical services, social services, and social security services; assisting individuals with locating and utilizing community resources; reinforcing appropriate behaviors and assisting with reduction of maladaptive behaviors; supervision/oversight/training of staff; daily documentation and case notes; performing updated assessments and evaluations; admission intake and interviewing prospective participants; assist with discharge planning from Skilled Nursing Facilities; crisis intervention; writing of initial service plans and bi-annual revised service plans, individual service reports and detailed plans, addendums, incident reports, and plans of protective oversight; housing inspections and submitting applications for rental and utility subsidies; establishing NYSARC Community Trust funds for individuals in lieu of Medicaid Spenddown. Managed So. Tier for 5 months while carrying full case load of participants; conduct interviews of potential employees; hiring and providing TBI 101 training; staff scheduling; case conferencing.

The majority of the co-workers were wonderful and we all worked very well together as a team. Tremendously enjoyed my clients and their families and had an excellent rapport with all.