Venture Forthe, Inc Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun working one on one with clients
PCA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 23, 2017
Taking care of the clients is the most enjoyable part of the job
You work one on one with the clients
A typical day at work is cleaning cooking dressing bathing grooming and just giving the clients someone to depend on and trust the aides
And always making sure the client is safe in their home
Theater hardest part of the job is depending on what condition the client has can be very difficult
Workplace culture is in different areas and it's only the aide and the client
Pros
Joke around with clients make sure clients feel safe in their homes and just to be with the clients
Cons
No breaks sometimes dealing with clients who are grumpy
Its okay just dnt care about your life
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 19, 2017
Don't care about your life at all some days I would and it was not appreciated left me on shift because someone didn't come in after I told them I was not capable of taking care of a client after a overnight shift
Pros
Cons
Dnt care about your life
Home care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 11, 2017
Taking care of clients with a variety of health challenges , elder care, cooking nutritious meals, cleaning, taking care of the home.
The hardest part of the job, watching the decline in strength and health of an elder person who becomes a friend. The slowness of this work.
This job was a continuation of a private home care case that was turned over to Medicaid.
Pros
being the brightest part of someones day.
Cons
working with coworkers that were not appropriate at work.
Registered Professional/Staff RN
RN Home Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 5, 2017
Passionate, patient-focused healthcare professional looking for a Registered Nurse position within a Clinical/Hospital where I may be able to use knowledge of nursing practices along with the ability to practice medical diligence. To continue to grow in nursing profession, excel in resident care services, cooperate, and share with team members and colleagues, and develop world class healthcare solutions
I love working with the clients
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 11, 2017
The company is unorganized and unprofessional... the clients is real lovable and caring. Typical day at work you have 2 cleaning, make sure clients take they meds, cooking, taking clients out in the community, shopping and errands and taking clients baths and help them used the restroom
It was nice place to work they cooked us lunch everyday
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 26, 2017
Its an ok company to work for you really dont get to interact with any employees because your going house to house. I dont like that you have to go all the way out their to get your check or wait till monday cause they dont mail it out until friday which is payday
okay
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 13, 2017
For the most part they are okay. The problem I have is sometimes the hours can be shortened so it is best to not get too comfortable. But there are some great people to work with.
Pros
nice schedulers and some of the clients are very nice
Cons
sometimes the clients don't like you and thats when the hours get shortened
Great start
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Would reccomend as a great start to a new enviroment. Definitely friendly understanding and loving management offered alot of assitance for flexibility
Scheduling sucks, not enough staff.
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Not enough staff to cover shifts but overall a good company to work with with great clients. If you don't have a life or kids outside of work then 24hr clients are definitely for you!
Great work expierence
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYJanuary 19, 2017
The company was great and the co workers were very respectful had s great experience wish I still was working there I was terminated due to no ride to the in-service
Pros
Taking care of elderly
Cons
Some disrespect
Pca
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 8, 2017
• Remind patients to take medications or nutritional supplements.
• Restock patient rooms with personal hygiene items, such as towels, washcloths, soap, or toilet paper.
• Review patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet.
• Provide physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, and standing, walking, or exercising.
• Transport patients to treatment
Under payed .Over worked
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 12, 2016
It was a private care duty work place . I would drive all the way out to the outskirts to get enough hours to come back . I've never received a full time check from them . I would also get mandated a lot at work because of lack of staffing .
Pros
private care
Cons
bad company, underpayed
To maintain a safe environment for the client and help clients with daily needs.
FT - Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NY 14303November 23, 2016
Upon arriving at my clients house, I would check on their well being. I would assist the client with toileting, dressing, and remind them to take their medication. I would assist clients with light house work and any other needs they required. The hardest part of the job was leaving the clients. You become attached to them as a friend, and working with them routinely made it difficult to leave that job. The brighter side of the job was always meeting new people. You feel rewarded if the clients family accepts you not only as an aide but as a person.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours on the job
Great Service for the clients. Good work environment
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 11, 2016
This company fills an important hole in health care. Many of the clients would be in a nursing home if not for these services. It keeps them in their own environment. The PCA has to be a hands on,caring person. The jobs are not easy but can be rewarding. The office staff is young and energetic. Often it is a very fluid work day because there are so many moving parts that can influence staffing. Overall management strives to make it a nice place to work within a pretty regulated industry.
Pros
Good People. Growing Industry.
Cons
Shifting work load due to changes in clients needs
Keep Looking
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Where ever they send me.April 5, 2016
This is probably the most unprofessional organization I've ever worked for. Most people here are looking for a job elsewhere, they just stay to pay their bills.

They don't value their employees. There are little to no benefits. If you are a PCA, you will never have full time employment. Everyone I've talked to tells me they too get endless calls while trying to use the little PTO they have.
Scheduling Department is shockingly rude and verbally abusive. Not only to staff but their clients too. Most PCA's are allowed in the homes before background checks. I've had friends ask me if they should apply to some of their job postings, I tell them only if they're desperate.
Also, be sure you have a good vehicle and endless amount of cash for gas money. This company will send you all over western New York with little to no mileage reimbursement.

P.S.They frequently tell employees to rate them favorably on these job sites,I felt compelled to warn future applicants.
Pros
If you work in their Niagara Falls office and are related in some fashion, you will always have a job with plenty of perks.
Cons
inconsistent treatment of employees, terrible leadership, toxic workplace.
Horrible Place to work
Intake and Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 1, 2015
This is the worst place to work. I was in an administrative role and was given no training at all. Was let go after 2 weeks of employment with no reason given, was told I was "unprofessional", asked to be given an example and none could be given. They expect you to work the entire time you are there, no breaks for lunch or anything. Absolutely no support from superiors. A LOT of nepotism there. People who are friends or relatives of the company get first priority over everything and everyone talks about everyone else. And to top it all off, they are working with an under privileged population and they sit there and call them crazy and weird and annoying. They care about nothing more than making money. This is the WORST place to work, I am so gad I got out when I did. All they do is complain about the aids and others that are in lower roles in the company. There are better places to work, I am sure you can find them if you needed one.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Office Staff
Office staff (Former Employee) –  RochesterOctober 25, 2015
Administration lacks the experience to run a growing company. Constant turn around at every level. Poor pay and even worse are the lack of employee benefits. Expectation is to constantly be at your desk and eat your lunch while you're working and to not take any breaks. Work environment is casual and unprofessional. I would not recommend this company to anyone, unless you are desperate for an income for a short period of time.
Pros
free pizza one day a week
Cons
work schedule, low pay, unprofessional environment and administration lacks the experience to lead
productive
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 14, 2015
on a normal day I would provide personal care for t.b.i. clients whether it be cleaning, laundry, shopping, etc. the other employees were good to work with.
Fun place to work
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 7, 2015
Enjoy the flexibility and family oriented environment. Growing company with advancement potential. Good support from management and owners.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good people
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 6, 2015
Company has very nice people to work with. Good clients. Fast paced environment. Training provided. Vacation time is available. Family oriented.
Pros
lots of food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venture Forthe, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7