Venture Forthe, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Great Service for the clients. Good work environment
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 11, 2016
This company fills an important hole in health care. Many of the clients would be in a nursing home if not for these services. It keeps them in their own environment. The PCA has to be a hands on,caring person. The jobs are not easy but can be rewarding. The office staff is young and energetic. Often it is a very fluid work day because there are so many moving parts that can influence staffing. Overall management strives to make it a nice place to work within a pretty regulated industry.
Pros
Good People. Growing Industry.
Cons
Shifting work load due to changes in clients needs
Office Staff
Office staff (Former Employee) –  RochesterOctober 25, 2015
Administration lacks the experience to run a growing company. Constant turn around at every level. Poor pay and even worse are the lack of employee benefits. Expectation is to constantly be at your desk and eat your lunch while you're working and to not take any breaks. Work environment is casual and unprofessional. I would not recommend this company to anyone, unless you are desperate for an income for a short period of time.
Pros
free pizza one day a week
Cons
work schedule, low pay, unprofessional environment and administration lacks the experience to lead
Keep Looking
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Where ever they send me.April 5, 2016
This is probably the most unprofessional organization I've ever worked for. Most people here are looking for a job elsewhere, they just stay to pay their bills.

They don't value their employees. There are little to no benefits. If you are a PCA, you will never have full time employment. Everyone I've talked to tells me they too get endless calls while trying to use the little PTO they have.
Scheduling Department is shockingly rude and verbally abusive. Not only to staff but their clients too. Most PCA's are allowed in the homes before background checks. I've had friends ask me if they should apply to some of their job postings, I tell them only if they're desperate.
Also, be sure you have a good vehicle and endless amount of cash for gas money. This company will send you all over western New York with little to no mileage reimbursement.

P.S.They frequently tell employees to rate them favorably on these job sites,I felt compelled to warn future applicants.
Pros
If you work in their Niagara Falls office and are related in some fashion, you will always have a job with plenty of perks.
Cons
inconsistent treatment of employees, terrible leadership, toxic workplace.
Horrible Place to work
Intake and Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 1, 2015
This is the worst place to work. I was in an administrative role and was given no training at all. Was let go after 2 weeks of employment with no reason given, was told I was "unprofessional", asked to be given an example and none could be given. They expect you to work the entire time you are there, no breaks for lunch or anything. Absolutely no support from superiors. A LOT of nepotism there. People who are friends or relatives of the company get first priority over everything and everyone talks about everyone else. And to top it all off, they are working with an under privileged population and they sit there and call them crazy and weird and annoying. They care about nothing more than making money. This is the WORST place to work, I am so gad I got out when I did. All they do is complain about the aids and others that are in lower roles in the company. There are better places to work, I am sure you can find them if you needed one.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Fun place to work
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 7, 2015
Enjoy the flexibility and family oriented environment. Growing company with advancement potential. Good support from management and owners.
Pros
Flexible hours
Low pay, no pto rude managers
currently working here (Current Employee) –  JamestownMarch 27, 2014
No pro, no benefits, rude managers, no one cares about the staff that are pca's. Lazy staff, no appreciation for staff. Late pay checks and they nerver pay you for the amount of hours you work you have to call them to fix it so you get paid. Poor communication skills. Will will not move up to higher position. Currently employeed by them currently looking for another job.
Pros
the person you help.
Cons
everything else
At your own risk
SC (Current Employee) –  Niagara FallsFebruary 21, 2013
No work/life balance, unrealistic work load, understaffed, company is money hungry....

Coworkers are great in general but morale is very low and employees are all stressed and overworked; many quit or get fired within a couple months
Pros
company is growing (but too fast as clients are suffering), work from home flexibility
Cons
very expensive healthcare, not a lot of time off, company cares more about money than helping people, employees overworked and stressed
not a long term solution
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYMay 19, 2014
worst company EVER!!!! The staff are lazy, the pay sucks,no raises, no personal time, no vacation/ Management are arrogant and asinine. they'll ask you to work a double shift but if you call in sick they write you up fr not giving them 24 hours notice. I know people here that have worked here 4 plus years and havent got a penny raise.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
everything else
Good home care company to work for, flexible with work schedule and variety of clients and expanded region.
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 17, 2013
Arrive at a clients home, review chart and daily log. Speak with previous aid and client. Find out needs and desired schedule for the day/evening/night. Do household/personal care as necessary. Socialize with client encourage with a good attitude with respect.
The staff at the main office and very helpful and pleasant. I enjoy meeting new clients and coworkers and learning more medical things and about them. The hardest part of the job is when a client is no longer your client because of increased health problems. The most enjoyable part is learning more about others and the satisfaction you receive knowing you were able to be a helpful part in their lives.
Pros
availability for a flexible schedule
Cons
contact with many people during the day is minamal.
Practices seem illegal!!
PCA (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYSeptember 27, 2014
If you need to call on-call during the night or day for your consumer, the Nurses at Venture Forthe are really reluctant to come to the homes and help when important issues arise which leaves the consumer exposed to safety concerns. A staff member was becoming violently ill on the job and they would not release her by coming over. They also told her that they could not approve her to call 911 for herself!!!!!!!! The staff called to help herself and then they reported in the records that the clients FAMILY was there to fill in the gap. NOT TRUE!! They knowingly left the consumer alone. The Nurse proved to be too LAZY to show up and left the poor consumer exposed to safety problems. Also, they do not have any benefits at all. If you call in sick 3 times you're fired.
Pros
some of the pca's were good to work with.
Cons
pca's sleeping on the job, no background checks, getting stuck working for 27 hours, slave bin, no regard for humans, constant errors in pay, non-payment to employees, unpaid training.
Great place to work. Excellent opportunities for growth. Venture Forthe is participant focused.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls and BuffaloMay 1, 2013
I have been with this organization for many years. They treat the participants, families and employees extremely well. Everyone is approachable and helpful.
Pros
very open and honest company. quality of care focused.
Good people
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 6, 2015
Company has very nice people to work with. Good clients. Fast paced environment. Training provided. Vacation time is available. Family oriented.
Pros
lots of food
Supportive work enviroment
CIC (Current Employee) –  olean, new yorkMay 7, 2013
Venture Forthe has been supportive of my professional growth, offering ongoing training and mentoring from experienced professionals. Much of the administration at VFI have been there for an extended period of time, bringing to the table knowledge and experience not found at other agencies due to turn around. This agency is very supportive of self motivated individuals, allowing freedom of schedule and forming a balance between work and home life. From my observances the staff that fall into trouble are the ones that take advantage of the flexibility and consequently not fulfilling their work responsibilities. The administration and owners of VFI are personable and are quick to resolve issues in comparison to larger agencies where I have worked that conflict in bureaucracy occurs which result in issues being unresolved effectively.
Pros
flexibility of schedule and competitive pay
Cons
health care costs in comparison to competitive agencies.
Long-time employee, really enjoy working here
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 29, 2014
Pleasant place to work
Knowledge Co-workers
Great team atmosphere
Supportive Management
Opportunities for Advancements
Pros
enjoy my co-workers, work hard-play hard environment, family oriented company
Great Place to Work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Niagara FallsApril 14, 2014
This is a growing company with a lot of room for advancement. Management values and listens to input from staff. Good work/life balance. Good team environment!
Pros
growth opportunities, team environment, work/life balance
Limited
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 16, 2014
Limited responsibilities, corporate in Niagara Falls tried to manage all new regions not allowing regional office to take on responsibilities of job roles.
Traumatic Brain Injury Program
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYAugust 29, 2012
My typical work day as a SC was normally at least a 10-hour day. I learned many things working for VFI, including but not limited to: coordination of all medical services, social services, and social security services; assisting individuals with locating and utilizing community resources; reinforcing appropriate behaviors and assisting with reduction of maladaptive behaviors; supervision/oversight/training of staff; daily documentation and case notes; performing updated assessments and evaluations; admission intake and interviewing prospective participants; assist with discharge planning from Skilled Nursing Facilities; crisis intervention; writing of initial service plans and bi-annual revised service plans, individual service reports and detailed plans, addendums, incident reports, and plans of protective oversight; housing inspections and submitting applications for rental and utility subsidies; establishing NYSARC Community Trust funds for individuals in lieu of Medicaid Spenddown. Managed So. Tier for 5 months while carrying full case load of participants; conduct interviews of potential employees; hiring and providing TBI 101 training; staff scheduling; case conferencing.

The majority of the co-workers were wonderful and we all worked very well together as a team. Tremendously enjoyed my clients and their families and had an excellent rapport with all.
Pros
helping those in need and the learning experience
Cons
amount of travel with no travel reimbursement
Do not work here if you truly need money!!!
Personal care aid (Former Employee) –  Rochester,nyAugust 5, 2013
I'm a former pca (personal care aid ) for venture forthe . My duties were but not limited to helping clients with daily living task such as feeding , dressing , bathing and household errands such as washing dishes and cleaning the bathroom/kitchen areas when a client could not do it them self. I recently had to quit venture forthe after going a month and a half without working. My last client became ill and passed away , after that I've only been able to pick up random shifts.They will try to force you to drive out far for little to no extra pay.half my checks went straight to gas due to me hang to drive far to different towns
The schedulers were very rude to me and unprofessional .I've had them ask me to pick up a shifts with people even after I told them I'm not comfortable with the person. One time I worked a double (16 hour shift) and had a scheduler beg me to pick up another shift a couple hours after it . I told him no and he preceded to call me back mutiple times after leaving voicemails saying that he'd pay me extra because I was the only person available to work .
Also calling in 4 times a year will get u fired unless you have documentation for why u called in each time. I didnt not have a problem with calling in but I do not agree with this rule. Emergencies happen , people have kids that sometimes get sick , cars break down , us pca can get sick and not everyone has health insurance to go to the doctor just to get a doctors note. Mind you management does not want us to go to work sick because we can affect the clients but alot of pca's still go in sick because they
  more... don't want to miss out in the pay and/or can't afford to call in again because of that rule .
This job is not a job for someone looking for a career for the rest of their life. This is more for a college student , someone that has no options for employment (I've made more money working for fast food restaurants due to the hours being inconsistent ) , or someone that loves this kind of work and does not care about the money.
Pros
clients are friendly
Cons
horrible management, low inconsistent hours, long driving distances, rude staff, low pay (8.24)

2.6