Venture Logistics Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Planner (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 11, 2017
Working the Customers and Brokers finding backhauls for drivers , answering phone , entering data into the system. Working close with the local planner of loads coming to the yard that had to be delivered locally
Pros
Good people
Cons
Differs with each person
Lack of leadership from management.Long hours of sitting and talking on the phone .
Fleet Manager/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 26, 2017
Zero ability to move up. Poor management, not a good place to start a career. Work 6 days a week so there is no work to life balance. Sitting for 50 hours a week is bad physically.
OK place
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 26, 2017
Lafayette terminal is poorly managed and organized. Routes changed constantly leaving me short on miles many days leaving me to have beg for work in order to pay my bills.
didn't stay there long not enough work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Harvey LouisianaJune 23, 2017
Work was not stable very sparse and not consistent Was to many drivers and not enough work to go around sat around and there was no retainer pay. No runs no pay
Poorly managed workplace, layoffs and firings common
Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2017
Workday is acceptable, management is very against overtime but keeps the company understaffed so things fall through the cracks often. Management is not understanding nor are they open to new ideas. Workplace culture is extremely casual - probably to the point that it should be unacceptable. It is not enjoyable to work here. The benefits are adequate. I have found that I am able to leave my work stress at work and not bring it home.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Understaffed and unprofessional
Job
Drivet (Former Employee) –  Otr driverMay 18, 2017
Good pay good equipment good people home time benefits bosses good clean equipment nice driver lounge secure future free lunches a lot nice hotel in indy
Pros
Auto freight
Cons
Fed ex freight
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMay 17, 2017
Overall a wonderful place to work (Atlanta Office). Culture is fun and everyday seems to a new adventure. A typical day at work is answering emails to help provide solutions to better our overall relationship with our customers.
Best job I have had driving
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2017
Best trucking company overall that I have had the honor to drive for. They bent over backward to help me as a driver to be the best I could be and still have me home most weekends.
Where do I begin?
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 5, 2017
At this company, you will find basically two types of drivers. Students, just getting into the industry and getting trained by Venture, and seasoned veteran drivers who have been doing this job for far too long and are looking for a place to come in off of the road and run local. This review is mainly for the latter.

I could talk about pay and benefits, but trust me when I say that those things will mean very little to you after you've worked there for a week.

The reason that I say this is because if you are an OTR driver who answered an ad that advertised a local position that allows you to be home with your family every night, then you will be severely disillusioned when you discover that you will be running 14 hours a day, six days a week, and only bringing home a little over $600 if you take the insurance.

Yes, I said 14 hours a day..Even on Saturday.

This would be the perfect job if it wasn't for the insane amount of hours that they expect you to put in. Because of this, most people don't stay long enough to even learn their names.

I'm not trying to bash the company. I'm just trying to give an honest review of what someone should expect should they choose to work there.
Pros
Steady work, a paycheck.
Cons
14 hour days, little to no home life.
Company ok to work for
Owner Operator Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2017
Company ok to work for, training program for your CDL was good, company has OTR, regional and local runs, team operation is perferred. Overall good company.
Excellent place to work
Warehouse Supervisor/Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 8, 2017
At Venture you work with dedicated management staff always willing to help along with friendly and dependable teams of drivers. There is a lot of opportunity for career growth with Venture.
venture logistics
driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2017
You bust your back side running miles but pay ain't there you have to keep track of everything an people go into truck your assigned an take things without permission
Logistics Company
Billing Specialist / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2016
Fast paced. laid back atmosphere. billed large accounts and stayed busy all day. A lot of time spent looking for back up to bill customers.
Pros
laid back
Cons
pay and no room for growth.
former dispatch office
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2016
Venture use to be a great place to work until they merged. management does not care about employees with experience and longevity.
Pros
great place before may 2015
Cons
no loyalty or care of employees
Good company.
Driver (Former Employee) –  St louisSeptember 8, 2016
Good company to work with,only problem I had was dispatcher. He seem to never have a clue of what was going on,never remembered. What he told you was suddenly disconnected. I would work there again but with different dispatcher. Jacob was a darn good manager.
Pros
Good equipment and pay
Cons
Dispatcher. Not good
love it
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2016
a lot of new things that i did no know and was happy to learn.
I worked with a lot of people that did not speak English so it was hard to understand them at times while working.
Pros
free bottle water
Cons
no air
Not too bad to work for
Regional OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2016
Venture is a regional carrier. You work out of Indy you hit WW, IL, MI, OH, some TN and such. My DM was alright, a bit snarky sometimes. Overall it was a pretty good job.
Pros
No chain states, usually off on weekends
Cons
Low miles per week, nasty customers
Very stressfull
OPPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 20, 2016
No accountability for violations of company policy. no follow ups on any concerns. they pay new people with no experience in the field more than employees that have experience and know the ins and outs of the business. I could go on and on.
Pros
Its a paycheck
anothrer otr company
Team Driver/OTR/Route Delivery (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2016
it was an ok place, but you're completely just a number and they will definitely care more about your load than you the driver
Busy non stop
diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 8, 2015
Always busy, never a dull moment. Sometimes so busy you couldn't take lunch. Shop is very small. Shop equipment is old and sometimes scary to use. People to work with were great. But the sad part was the owner would not put any money into shop or shop equipment unless an accident happened.
Pros
Vacation time is excellent!
Cons
Health insurance sucks!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venture Logistics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8