Venture Logistics Inc.

Venture Logistics Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Great co-workers BUT......
Headquaters (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2015
I loved working at Venture for the previous management. Unfortunately, they were bought out by another company. The new company is driven by the good old boys club. A bunch of old white men who rule with an iron fist.The first thing they did upon taking over was run off or demote ALL the women in any kind of management or sales role there. NO raises for most people ever. Do yourself a favor and apply somewhere else.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
NO advancement
Terrible employment
Yard Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 11, 2015
very poor management, drivers are more important than employees. No attention paid to workers outside of the office other than to yell at. Compensation is terrible and advancement is non existent
Pros
was a job
Cons
everything about it
Very stressfull
OPPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 20, 2016
No accountability for violations of company policy. no follow ups on any concerns. they pay new people with no experience in the field more than employees that have experience and know the ins and outs of the business. I could go on and on.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Close knit group
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2014
Overall: Venture was a great place to work. It is a smaller company so everyone becomes really close. There is a great mix of play and work.

Job Work/Life Balance: Back when I was working there, I had 2 weeks of vacation and 1 week of personal days a year. We got most holidays off but since it's the trucking industry, we don't benefit from the smaller holidays that other industries get off.

Compensation/Benefits: This was the reason I left. We work to get money right? They didn't believe in raises so I didn't want to be stuck there for 5 years and not get a raise.

Job Security/Advancement: I was never in fear of getting fired. Advancement is hard because there are only so many upper management positions that can be filled.

Management: A great group. You talk to the CEO every other day. He occasionally invites people out to dinner and other events.

Job Culture: I give it 4/5 stars. We had a softball team one year. We go out to dinners and have drinks. There is food sometimes in the break room.
Pros
Family oriented / close knit group
Cons
No raises
Add Venture
professional driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2015
Unique blend of positive vision, philosophy, and compassion from a company to its employees.

I have had success building accountability, positive thinking, and improved morale with one of the largest national auto parts warehouse facilities.

Several recruiters from companies including Werner, Swift, & Schneider were interviewed. I sincerely believe that Venture is committed to drivers and their families. My miles and bring home pay are exactly what i needed. Most importantly I have the family time I need.

Promises were not made, however the face time during orientation with administration was valuable.

I recommend this company to anyone who values home time.
anothrer otr company
Team Driver/OTR/Route Delivery (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2016
it was an ok place, but you're completely just a number and they will definitely care more about your load than you the driver
I love the company and the people!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2015
I love working here! If there are any problems they always get resolved. If the DM doesn't have the answer, they talk to the next person in charge to get it figured out. Strong family environment was extremely important in my time of need! Everyone here is extremely supportive! They work me as much as I want! If you want to work, they'll work you! I've never missed my bonuses. There is money to be made here! If you work, you'll be taken care of. If you communicate with your DM's they'll do their best to work with you. Road maintenance is great too! If you breakdown, its no big deal. They'll get you taken care of. It's just so simple.
Pros
The miles, the people, and the service
Busy non stop
diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 8, 2015
Always busy, never a dull moment. Sometimes so busy you couldn't take lunch. Shop is very small. Shop equipment is old and sometimes scary to use. People to work with were great. But the sad part was the owner would not put any money into shop or shop equipment unless an accident happened.
Pros
Vacation time is excellent!
Cons
Health insurance sucks!
no work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 24, 2015
job started out ok then went topotl I quit there was no work no communication and I also at the end got a ticket that hurt my driving career
worked otr with Team Driver
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2015
Transportation from Indianapolis Indiana to Laredo Texas 5 days a week. Home on weekends and holidays. Transported Fed Ex supplies and packages
No miles disorganized lies
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indpls, inJanuary 1, 2015
This is the least paying b.s. I have ever put up with. You can only screw someone so much until they decide to do something else. Just about everything I have been told from this company has been a lie.
Gone all week and still make less than $600. Laid over and get $75 when I should be driving and making over$200 a day. Sweat shop of the road. I would like this job if I made the $200 a day I was told I would make. Training is a joke, it was a learn on your own system. The good trainer I had already quit. What's that tell you? If you are willing to work for less than $600 a week and sit in your truck a lot then by all means work here.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
Put you in the poor house.
Beware home daily routes
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2014
I was hired strictly to do a home daily route. Usually Indy to Chicago and back. Most of the time they would have a preloaded trailer on the yard to run to Chicago but getting back was hit and miss. They would send you at least an hour away to get live loaded which usually took 2-3 hours. Then I would have to worry about getting back in under 14 hours. Most days would take you all of the 14 hours. After my first stay in a motel I had enough. The tractors are all hard driven Columbia's with the newer Cascadias given to those that had been there a long time. The pay was good. If you want regional or otr then they were great they always got people home when they needed but the home daily routes were a sham.
Pros
Good pay good home time if you went otr
Cons
Old equipment, always 14 hours on a day run.
Growing company
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2012
Management is good but company always comes first. Co-workers were good and had fun but were always in fear of trucking industry ups and downs.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
company has problems like all trucking operations.
productive and clean
LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2013
Exciting from start to finish.
How to follow the flows of the chemcials.
Management is good.
Co-workers are helpful.
Unblocking chemical lines.
Pros
good pay
Cons
rotating shifts
good place to work for,wish i was still there
OTR-LD Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2013
overall a good company,weekends off,steady miles,good trucks and maintanece program
Pros
home weekends
Cons
had to watch ur paycheck
Poor place to work.
Pallet Sorter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 25, 2013
They treat you as temporary property, literally. They make you work in a non a/c heated environment and expect you to adhere to deadlines with little sometimes no supplies, sometimes you have to provide your own tools suck as drill bits for mending pallets, scrapers to clean etc.
Pros
3 BREAKS
Cons
short breaks, little wages
Driving
driver (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMarch 27, 2014
Lots of driving. 24-hr call. Little family time. Lots of out of pocket expenses.
Stayed gone from home long times
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2014
need to stay alert at all times, and comply with DOT reg.pick-up and
deliver on time very important .